I guess I'm now a poster collector :rolleyes:

WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,968
edited December 2009 in The Porch
OK, this from last week:
imalive wrote:
Hey, there. I'm not a poster collector.... I have zero. In spite of that, I'm looking for the Dallas 1998 poster (two slushee cups). I guess I really know how to pick 'em..... I just checked expresso beans and see that this ain't exactly a cheap poster :cry::lol: .

That being said, I still want one (long story). Please PM me if you can help. If you have one for sale, let me know how much $$$ and maybe we can make a deal. I really want one!

The good news? I found it.... along with vegas '00, vegas '06, and seattle night I '09.

But now I'm done.... that's it.... really. :roll:
If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
VIC 07
EV LA1 08
Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
Columbus 10
EV LA 11
Vancouver 11
Missoula 12
Portland 13, Spokane 13
St. Paul 14, Denver 14
Philly I & II, 16
Denver 22
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• uh huh, keep telling yourself that :D
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    I went crazy for a while when they had the mystery sales or whatever it was called. they are now under a bed in an art folder thingy.
    I think I have kicked the habit for shows I did NOT go to.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    you need la4 ;):lol:
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    i love the slushee cup one... how much did you find it for?

did you get many PMs?
  • Aaron 23Aaron 23 Posts: 543
    I wouldn't mind having tons...but I really can't justify picking up posters to shows I haven't been to. :(
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,968
    norm wrote:

That was an ugly poster. :shock:
    Lambchops wrote:
    i love the slushee cup one... how much did you find it for?

a decent price. ;)
    Lambchops wrote:
    did you get many PMs?

I got a few. One thing led to another... :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    imalive wrote:
    OK, this from last week:
    imalive wrote:
    Hey, there. I'm not a poster collector.... I have zero. In spite of that, I'm looking for the Dallas 1998 poster (two slushee cups). I guess I really know how to pick 'em..... I just checked expresso beans and see that this ain't exactly a cheap poster :cry::lol: .

That being said, I still want one (long story). Please PM me if you can help. If you have one for sale, let me know how much $$$ and maybe we can make a deal. I really want one!

The good news? I found it.... along with vegas '00, vegas '06, and seattle night I '09.

In a way, I want to laugh, because I was you once...Now some 175 fucking pieces of paper later, I am a sick and twisted son of a bitch....That said...Congratulations and welcome...Welcome indeed my friend! :-)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
    Now some 175 fucking pieces of paper later, I am a sick and twisted son of a bitch

let's be honest, you were that way before the posters ;) :P :lol:
  • imalive wrote:

bullshit.
    :mrgreen:

i bought italy 2006 for a friend (something i have done many times before) but decided to ALSO pick one up for myself b/c 1. i could 2. it was so easy 3. i loved the poster, esp. since it covered all 5 shows 4. figured when would i ever go back to europe to see pj :roll: it was meant to be my ONE *special* poster. i happily brought it home, had it framed and all was good. until i decided to go to europe in 2007 to see pj. :oops: so i still blame bathy for my poster collection. ;) if not for him, i'd not have started! :lol: now i have the poster from every show i've attended, and now i feel i *must* get for all future shows. it's a sickness.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

imalive wrote:
    norm wrote:

all 4 were ugly but if you've become a true addict it doesn't matter ;) :P :lol:

and la4 was the only one i liked :shock: :oops:
    norm wrote:
    Now some 175 fucking pieces of paper later, I am a sick and twisted son of a bitch

let's be honest, you were that way before the posters ;) :P :lol:

Who me??? :shock:

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    norm wrote:

all 4 were ugly but if you've become a true addict it doesn't matter ;) :P :lol:

oh where oh where is that fun with quotes thread? ;)

however, you speak the truth.
    edmonton anyone?
    hell, throw in the fugly nijmegen too.
    and yes, i have both.
    i HAVE to.
    ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• arqarq Posts: 8,012
    ...I am a sick and twisted son of a bitch...

Don't say that, you're not twisted, just a little skew :lol:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • I have been slowly slipping into poster addiction as of late.

I started picking some up at shows here or there... I don't know when it clicked for me that I had to have them from all shows I went to, but now I'm on a mission to grab the ones I skipped over earlier on. I'm pretty excited by it.

I anticipated only going after posters for shows I've been to, but having seen some posters from other shows that really caught my eye, I am really tempted to go after those, too.

It's a fun sickness, my friend.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
    edmonton anyone?
    and yes, i have both.
    i HAVE to.
    ;)

**rushes back from EBeans.com**

god, those are ugly!!! :o:lol::lol::lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive wrote:
    edmonton anyone?
    and yes, i have both.
    i HAVE to.
    ;)

**rushes back from EBeans.com**

god, those are ugly!!! :o:lol::lol::lol:

toldya!
    great fucking shows/memories tho!

and i have them framed with all the rest....on display......... :D:D:D
    they look better in a group. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

arq wrote:
    ...I am a sick and twisted son of a bitch...

Don't say that, you're not twisted, just a little skew :lol:

:o ..Oh ok....I can live with that!
    8-)

• PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    I have been slowly slipping into poster addiction as of late.

I started picking some up at shows here or there... I don't know when it clicked for me that I had to have them from all shows I went to, but now I'm on a mission to grab the ones I skipped over earlier on. I'm pretty excited by it.

I anticipated only going after posters for shows I've been to, but having seen some posters from other shows that really caught my eye, I am really tempted to go after those, too.

It's a fun sickness, my friend.

you need to get in touch with me... i can help you feel better

i'm selling my posters
    http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... hp?id=5232

;)
  • pacino.jpg

This is the life we have chosen buddy.

"Kay, in five years the Corleone PJ poster business will be completely legitimate."
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    Once your start collecting, you won't be able to stop.
    The "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!" saying.
    Is so true. It's tough to get out.

Poster art collecting is an addiction.
    A safe & sexy addiction. 8-)
  • norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    norm wrote:

Really? LA 4 isnt ugly its just bland... I have framed it though. :) But LA 3 is pretty nice. I hated it when I saw it at the show... It looks great framed...
    Really? LA 4 isnt ugly its just bland... I have framed it though. :) But LA 3 is pretty nice. I hated it when I saw it at the show... It looks great framed...

1-3 aren't really my thing...skulls and whatnot...and the shark ain't doing much for me either...la4 is cool though and one day i'll get it framed :)
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    imalive wrote:
    OK, this from last week:
    imalive wrote:

Keep telling yourself that!!!! :lol:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    norm wrote:

Hey now, LA 1-2 look decent, different but at least decent. They will look nice in a frame on my wall, if i can find room... Try looking at the one from Missoula 05, you know the Tester one. Yes it is framed, still tring to find a spot for it.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    imalive wrote:

YOU can back me up.... when you told me in SLC that the merch table was open, I was more interested in another beer @ the puck! :lol::lol::lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,635
    I'm still only going for posters that I have been to the show for.

On a side note: I went to Italy 2006, and I think I am the only human being that didn't care for it! I LOVE Candad 05, and North America 06. I also have Paris 06, and then the Canadian shows since, but Italy 06 was just too out there. Makes me sad, since the shows were unforgettable.

Back to my point: Still need Toronto 98. A rare piece I know. I have check Expressobeans, but was hoping to find something cheaper. PM me if anyone knows of anyone?
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• arqarq Posts: 8,012
    Gibson wrote:

On a side note: I went to Italy 2006, and I think I am the only human being that didn't care for it! I LOVE Candad 05, and North America 06. I also have Paris 06, and then the Canadian shows since, but Italy 06 was just too out there. Makes me sad, since the shows were unforgettable.

Back to my point: Still need Toronto 98. A rare piece I know. I have check Expressobeans, but was hoping to find something cheaper. PM me if anyone knows of anyone?

I'm guessing that you found toronto 06 (klausen)?
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
    imalive wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    imalive wrote:

YOU can back me up.... when you told me in SLC that the merch table was open, I was more interested in another beer @ the puck! :lol::lol::lol:

This is sooo true!!!

Glad you had one waiting for me, wait you drank that one also ;) but made up for it :D

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    arq wrote:
    Gibson wrote:

I'm guessing that you found toronto 06 (klausen)?

If not there are a few available on here and i know a guy who has one for sale also
  • Gibson wrote:

italy 2006 is what sucked me in as i posted earlier i think. to each his/her own i guess, but "out there"....just doesn't surmise the poster for me. i think it's gorgeous, and so intriguing. making something pretty, a butterfly...out of ugly things. well done. and i LOVE that all 5 shows shared 1 poster. i know i am in the minority, but i truly favore 1 poster per city, even with a 4 night run....and italy, it was just cool - 5 shows in 1 country, 1 poster. it was sweet.

i too stick to posters of shows i've been to, but now at 30 shows....yikes. hahaha.
    i no longer have the display space for em. eventually i will, but up until the philly shows, i framed em all as i went along. eh well.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...