PJ @ Lolla 2010

2»

Comments

• fsu2626fsu2626 Posts: 371
    Rossum20 wrote:
    İve seen Pearl Jam 20 times since 2003...Lolla 07' is easily the worst show ive seen...the crowd was indeed terrible.
    I thought the crowd was great. It was a fun day of My Morning Jacket, KOL, and Pearl Jam. I had a blast!
  • Riot_MacRiot_Mac Posts: 473
    I hope this is true. 2007 was the best year for Lolla. The KOL, MMJ, and PJ sets together were awesome. I also scored golden tickets for next years fest, so I will be there either way. Although, one of my buddies is getting married on that Friday, so it looks like I will only be able to make it to Sat and Sun.
    "hear my name, take a good look, this could be the day."
  • Fuck Lolla play Alpine Valley!!!!

I concur. I'll be anywhere that they play in the area, but would much rather make the trip up to Alpine than see another festival set.
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    Lolla wasn't as bad as some people here are making it out to be. PJ played well and the crowd was pretty good--keeping the Alive chorus going during the encore break was really cool. It's not anywhere near my top PJ experiences, but I do look back on it with positive memories.

That said, I'd rather them play Roo again, Rothbury, or other festival than Lolla.
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    I'm also on the 'fuck Lolla play Alpine Valley' bandwagon.
  • Rossum20 wrote:
    İve seen Pearl Jam 20 times since 2003...Lolla 07' is easily the worst show ive seen...the crowd was indeed terrible.

are you fuckin crazy man, you sound INSANE
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    Rossum20 wrote:

are you fuckin crazy man, you sound INSANE
    I agree with his post and I have seen more than 20 shows since 2003. Although I have seen worse crowds than Lolla, the overall experience was pretty bad and close to the bottom (if not rock bottom) of the shows I have seen since Toronto 2005.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,267
    Well if they do play it i will go, this time though i'm taking my family with me my son will 16 ,daughter 13 .You can go in & out of the park plus Chicago is a great city to hang in i would do it again no doubt i'm not looking to be up front at all but i would like for my kids to experience a festival setting ,Hotels are so close it's an easy trip :)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    Sweet, another live webcast Pearl Jam performance. :D
    No wait ...
  • The thing I don't like about festivals is the farther you are from the stage, the more people just stand there. You need to be VERY close in order to be with people who actually are fans of Pearl Jam. I was pretty close for Lolla '07 and had a lot of fun. But at ACL '09, I was stuck much farther back... and everyone was just standing around or talking to each other... I tried to move closer during the show, but that always pisses everyone off. I was the only one dancing in a radius of about 10 feet... And people with large backpacks? What the hell do they need to bring backpacks for? They get in the way!
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • I doubt Pearl Jam will play Lollapalooza 2010... but that would be awesome if they did!
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    AndySlash wrote:
    I'm also on the 'fuck Lolla play Alpine Valley' bandwagon.
    Can I get on that bandwagon too? "Hide Your Love Away" from the 2003 show is easily the BEST version! (yes including the wimpy-ass solo gig versions)
    also, let's not even start talking about the "ICE-BOWL" show.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Ugh. Festivals, especially Lollapalooza, suck major ass.

Id rather go to Lolla than sit through half an episode of the "Smash" hit Jersey Shore... :mrgreen:
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    demetrios wrote:
    Sweet, another live webcast Pearl Jam performance. :D
    No wait ...
    :lol:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Great, which sponsor will censor them this year...
    :(
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    Great, which sponsor will censor them this year...
    :(

I don't think AT&T Blueroom will have Pearl Jam's set webcasted again. Last few festivals, Bonnaroo '08 & ACL '09, didn't webcast Pearl Jam's set. Though it's strange that later that week ACL webcasted the best of ACL which included one Pearl Jam track. Nothing more. Maybe a truse on both sides? Not sure. But with all these festival rumors in USA & AT&T Blueroom doing the majority of the top gun webcast festival feeds, something might come up.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i heard they were going to play Alexian Field.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,342
    I LOVED their set at Lollapalooza, but it was on the heels of seeing them at The Vic, seeing the Phillies at Wrigley, and three great days of hearing music in that park.

I wouldn't have enjoyed their set nearly as much if I was just in Chicago for the day.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    81 wrote:
    i heard they were going to play Alexian Field.

I am not sure if anyone else got the Schaumburg reference.