• PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    Lambchops wrote:
    i have no issues... mine are dead

that's good humor right there!! nice work 81

seriously...still makes me laugh.
    man, i am a horrible person.... :oops: :? :mrgreen:

well i'm right there with you

possibly the funniest thing i read on this place this year

although it's even better because i don't think it was meant as a joke? at least that's my hope ;)
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    My father-in-law often exasperates me. He has a strong personality and he can be very intimidating. He was really domineering to his kids growing up and continued to tell them what to do as adults. Two of them dealt with that by moving thousands of miles away and the other one married me. Over the years I've tuned out most of the "advice" unless he's gotten really overbearing, then I've just told him that's not how we're doing things. I guess it's OK because he's obviously very fond of me. And as much as he can drive me nuts, I've realized during the last several months that I love him very much.

so your husband married you to get at his annoying father? ;)
  • Lambchops wrote:
    Lambchops wrote:
    i have no issues... mine are dead

that's good humor right there!! nice work 81

seriously...still makes me laugh.
    man, i am a horrible person.... :oops: :? :mrgreen:

well i'm right there with you

possibly the funniest thing i read on this place this year

although it's even better because i don't think it was meant as a joke? at least that's my hope ;)

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Lambchops wrote:
    My father-in-law often exasperates me. He has a strong personality and he can be very intimidating. He was really domineering to his kids growing up and continued to tell them what to do as adults. Two of them dealt with that by moving thousands of miles away and the other one married me. Over the years I've tuned out most of the "advice" unless he's gotten really overbearing, then I've just told him that's not how we're doing things. I guess it's OK because he's obviously very fond of me. And as much as he can drive me nuts, I've realized during the last several months that I love him very much.

so your husband married you to get at his annoying father? ;)
    A joke of mine. ;)

My husband's sister has said that I'm the only one in the family who stands up to my father-in-law. I've told her that it's a lot easier for me, because he's not my father.

He's not a bad person, just a very strong personality. He obviously loves his kids and wants good things for them and sometimes he gets kind of bossy about it. He's also mellowed as he's gotten older.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Inlaws are still annoying.
    LloydXmas wrote:
    A year later and still the same. Can i hire someone to bitch slap mother in law?
    LloydXmas wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:
    A year later and still the same. Can i hire someone to bitch slap mother in law?
    I'm still taking offers. Came over last night and she was acting like her usual self (a 3 year old)
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I can no longer complain about mine (although now they would be ex in-laws) - RIP. :silent: