PJ shows duration in fesivals question

PixelPixel Posts: 82
edited December 2009 in The Porch
Hey all,
I see most of the european dates for PJ are unfortunetly (at least for now & for me) in festivals.
As i never seen PJ in a festival, i was wondering..
Does anyone know how long of a show they usually throw?
I really want to see them this year, i will be crying my heart if not.. im trying to figure ever since tickets went out on sale how will i do it. :cry:

I got another question, do early entry for eligible shows are determined by the ticket or if you are a member?
Im asking this a i cant get pre-sale tickets on these site's terms.. (sorry hard for people to plan dates and money 6 months ahead :roll: )
I was wondering if i buy reguar tickets, if im still eligible to enter early (on the shows that you can).. i think i also know the answer, but just checking :?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    Pj usually get a good amount of time, at least 2 hours, and i think its was 2hr 30 mins at leeds in 2006, Bruce got 3 hrs last year in london at the hard rock fest, so no reason Pj cant as well
  • You are most likely going to get a 2-3 hour show. Seems most festivals have been that way for them
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Pj usually get a good amount of time, at least 2 hours, and i think its was 2hr 30 mins at leeds in 2006, Bruce got 3 hrs last year in london at the hard rock fest, so no reason Pj cant as well

Yeah Reading in 06 was also a similar length ... and no shorter than some of the regular shows I've seen them play.

Hard Rock Calling I guess will depend on how many other bands get announced for the bill (I remember Saturday last year had more bands than Sunday) ... but it shouldn't be any shorter set than 2hrs.

... and on the other question it will only be pre-sale tickets that get early entry.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • around 2 hours..but we will scream till they come back for more :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PixelPixel Posts: 82
    Thanks for the infromation, very helpful :)
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    edited December 2009
    IMO, PJ and festivals don't mix well. Summerfest in 06 was just trrbl compared to their regular shows. On top of that, you usually have to pay and arm and a leg to support the other bands on the bill. Take heed and stick to the regular tour shows.
    Post edited by davidtrios on
  • henchmanhenchman Posts: 172
    No way.

Don't use 2006 as an example. They only played 3 festivals then (leeds, reading, azkena) and they played as usual: more than 2 hours.

For the 2007 festivals tour in Europe they played 90-100 minutes in all. Oeiras Lisboa, Festimad (Madrid), Viena Festival, Hurricane, Wertchter,...

I HOPE this changes, but don't expect them to play more than 2 hours in a festival. It will be short, rockin and mostly hits.
    1996: San Sebastian
    2000: San Sebastian
    2006: Barcelona, Vitoria, Lisbon I & II, Madrid, Verona, Milan
    2007: Lisbon, Madrid, London, Dusseldorf
    2009: Rotterdam, Manchester, London
    2010: Berlin, Lisbon
    2014: Amsterdam I & II, Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2018: Amsterdam I & II, Barcelona, Madrid
    2022: Frankfurt, London I & II, Amsterdam II
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    yeh Reading was an exception to the rule.

i was at Hurricane and Werchter, both were 2 hours only. Still a really long set compared to most people you will see play at the festivals, but slightly shorter than their normal shows.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    about the 2 hour mark.
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    yeah just shy of 2 hour average for a festival (a regular show isn't always longer) though they might have more (and use it hopefully 'cos I've been to places where they COULD have played longer but didn't :cry: ) at Hyde Park, like Bruce did last year...

And some of the best shows I've been were festivals:
    Reading and Hurricane for example or though I didn't enjoy it that much (it's just me) Bonnaroo was also a good long show... Lisbon has great crowds (though last time it was the first show in nearly a year so they were a bit rusty..this time they're closing the leg there :mrgreen: ).
    Werchter is also a good festival with cheapish (even free) beer :P