Sportsnation - god, what an awful show!

2»

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    jimed14 wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    Beadle cannot save this show... hot or not. Her fawning over Cowherd is really pretty revolting.

I never in million years thought they'd find a guy who is douchier than Skip Bayless. .

but they did!!!

Top 5 ESPN Douches (in no particular order):

Cowherd
    Rome
    Bayless (I think it's calculated, though)
    Stuart Scott
    Hannah Storm (aka Skeletor)

who else?

Joe Morgan ... worst announcer in baseball.

Don't see much of Steven A Smith anymore, but, his schtick got real tired, real fast.

I would rater watch a baseball game on mute than listen to Joe Morgan and Jon Miller.

Steven A got the boot. He is back in Philly "writing" for the Inquirer after he sued them to get his job back or some shit.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,977
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Steven A got the boot. He is back in Philly "writing" for the Inquirer after he sued them to get his job back or some shit.

"writing" :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive wrote:
    Beadle cannot save this show... hot or not. Her fawning over Cowherd is really pretty revolting.

I never in million years thought they'd find a guy who is douchier than Skip Bayless. .

but they did!!!

Top 5 ESPN Douches (in no particular order):

Cowherd
    Rome
    Bayless (I think it's calculated, though)
    Stuart Scott
    Hannah Storm (aka Skeletor)

who else?

I think Hanna Storm is hot and thus I take exception with you referring to her as Skeletor.

Anyway, here's my top 5 ESPN Douches:

1. Skip Bayless (No one comes close)

2. Colin Cowerd (The Sportsnation guy...just wow. There's no way this guy has ever touched a woman's vagina)

3. Trey Wingo (And oh by the way......this pansy says "Oh by the way" about a dozen times a show)

4. Tony Kornheiser (Likable at times, but he's too much of a dorky media guy always talking about "sexy matchups" and referencing shit like Dancing with the Stars.)

5. Stuart Scott ("Yo, time for a dope match-up of NFC East foes in the illadelph. I gotta give my boy Donovan McNasty mad props")
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    jimed14 wrote:
    Holy shit ... how did we forget this douche???

kiper.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Textbook douche.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    Anyway, here's my top 5 ESPN Douches:

1. Skip Bayless (No one comes close)

2. Colin Cowerd (The Sportsnation guy...just wow. There's no way this guy has ever touched a woman's vagina)

3. Trey Wingo (And oh by the way......this pansy says "Oh by the way" about a dozen times a show)

4. Tony Kornheiser (Likable at times, but he's too much of a dorky media guy always talking about "sexy matchups" and referencing shit like Dancing with the Stars.)

5. Stuart Scott ("Yo, time for a dope match-up of NFC East foes in the illadelph. I gotta give my boy Donovan McNasty mad props")

somehow, I'm watching sportsnation, as we speak. I know, I know.... :roll:

anyway, I don't think I ever saw your assessment above ^^^^. Dude, you are SO on the money. Especially on Wingo and Scott! :lol::lol::lol:

edit: I totally expect Schilling to be in the ESPN douche category.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    imalive wrote:
    edit: I totally expect Schilling to be in the ESPN douche category.

Here's the thing:

As a Sox fan, yeah, even we got sick of his blustering. No two ways about it ... he's an egomaniac.

That said, he is the only person (outside of Ozzie Guillen) who's willing to tell it like it is from the inside.

There is a chance he could be good ... but, I fear in a few months time, he will indeed fall in the douche category.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    I've only seen parts of it, and turn it off pretty quickly...

But, I do kinda like Cowherd's radio show. I couldn't stand it for the longest time, but I find myself listening to it if I'm in the car.

Hes' much better on the radio when I hear him while living in South Florida. Hard to watch that SN show, very hard.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    I've only seen parts of it, and turn it off pretty quickly...

But, I do kinda like Cowherd's radio show. I couldn't stand it for the longest time, but I find myself listening to it if I'm in the car.

Hes' much better on the radio when I hear him while living in South Florida. Hard to watch that SN show, very hard.

Peace

again....how in the hell he went from the 6:00 crappy local station sports guy to ESPfuckingN is totally beyond me! :wtf:

oh, and let me rant some more :mrgreen: .....there were plenty of excellent (IMO) announcers for CBS in the early rounds of the basketball tournament yet, somehow, we get Jim "golf announcer" Nantz for the final weekend. I give that another :wtf:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    ESPN really lost touch with what made them special. I used to love watching SportsCenter when Patrick and K.O. were anchoring. Those were the days. Then, they got away from sports and became what MTV has become.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    ESPN really lost touch with what made them special. I used to love watching SportsCenter when Patrick and K.O. were anchoring. Those were the days. Then, they got away from sports and became what MTV has become.

agreed...i was watching sc this morning and it annoyed the shit out of me...stupid music, annoying, useless graphics...just give us the scores and highlights for christ sakes!!
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    The only ESPN show I watch is PTI (technically I watch SportsCenter for the PTI Big Finish as well). I used to love everything ESPN produced but I can barely stomach it anymore. Baseball Tonight is a shadow of it's former self. Thank god for the MLB Network.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    norm wrote:

agreed...i was watching sc this morning and it annoyed the shit out of me...stupid music, annoying, useless graphics...just give us the scores and highlights for christ sakes!!

I hope for your sake it wasn't the Hannah Storm/Josh Elliot edition. Probably the worst duo to ever grace the SC desk. :problem:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I've said it before and I'll say it again ...

SportsCenter is not a news show anymore, that ship sailed a long time ago. It's a marketing show. They are not there to give you the news on what you want to hear about, they are there to promote the programs on ESPN or ABC they want you to see.

It's why they show more highlights of women's college basketball than the NHL. They show the former on their networks, not the latter.

Despite Harold Reynolds and Jamie Dukes, the MLB and NFL networks are already 100 fold better than ESPN for respective coverages of those sports.

I'm sure Adam Schefter got paid handsomely to move from the NFL Network to ESPN ... you know he was kicking John Clayton and Chris Mortenson's asses on real news reporting.

ESPN is indeed the MTV of sports ... totally lost it's way.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:
    norm wrote:

I hope for your sake it wasn't the Hannah Storm/Josh Elliot edition. Probably the worst duo to ever grace the SC desk. :problem:

i think it was...i really couldn't follow anything
    jimed14 wrote:
    I've said it before and I'll say it again ...

SportsCenter is not a news show anymore, that ship sailed a long time ago. It's a marketing show. They are not there to give you the news on what you want to hear about, they are there to promote the programs on ESPN or ABC they want you to see.

It's why they show more highlights of women's college basketball than the NHL. They show the former on their networks, not the latter.

Bingo, we have agreed on this many times.

Fuck ESPN and every fucking jerkoff that works there, except the ones that send the dirt to Deadspin

Scott Van Pelt is the man as well. No ifs, ands or buts about that.
    edited April 2010
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

even SVP is beginning to teeter on the edge.....I do Rusillo (sp?) tho.
    Post edited by Wobbie on

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Not possible, he is a legend. I don't listen to his radio much so I dont really know Rusillo.

I repeat, SVP is the man, ever hear his swingers-esque voicemail?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    imalive wrote:

Not possible, he is a legend. I don't listen to his radio much so I dont really know Rusillo.

"I do LIKE Rusillo, tho" not "I do Rusillo." :oops: :lol::lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    imalive wrote:

"I do LIKE Rusillo, tho" not "I do Rusillo." :oops: :lol::lol:

Haha, I meant to say something about that
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,815
    i've watched it a few times. it's not that bad. i like michelle beadle. but there was a guest host when cowherd was on vacation. i think he was a former player and i had it on in the background mostly. and he was very annoying. he kept yelling and making noises.
    I miss igotid88
    i haven't really watched espn like i used to.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    i haven't really watched espn like i used to.

I dont watch it all either anymore, I cant fucking take it, only ESPN News when I am at the gym.
    igotid88 wrote:
    i like michelle beadle.

cute as a bug..............but annoying like the rest.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Wow, you guys are unnecessarily critical of just about everything on ESPN.

SportsNation is not very good, but Colin's radio show is great. He's usually pretty funny.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I for one still love ESPN and where it's gone. Then again I don't have a big cable package so I don't get the other sport networks. I get the Duece, FoxSports and Versus.

The 30 in 30 documentry series has been great. Not a huge fan of SportsNation but Beadle is enough to keep me interested most the time. I don't think they want anyone to like Cowerd or Bayliss, that's their schtick.
    #FHP
    espn is going to have programming on ABC's Saturday lineup
    I miss igotid88
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    ESPN lost ALL credibility when they signed the AFL in lieu of the NHL!

Beadle is a BABE though!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I actually like Colin's radio show. Not as big of a fan of the tv show.

I would say espn sucks.. but i still watch it a lot, although that is changing now that baseball season is here becuse MLB NETWORK KICKS A LOT OF ASS.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,826
    This show is so fucking painful to watch. It was on at the gym yesterday on the TV directly in front of the machine I was on, so I had no choice but to watch it. I mean, honestly, how is this show still on the air? It is awful.

As for ESPN, I really like the 30 for 30 doc series and PTI. Other than those two, I'll occasionally watch SC, but it keeps getting harder to watch(the Yankees this, Red Sox that shit has gotten ridiculous) I'll also watch any actual games I have a rooting interest in, but toher than that, ESPN has just become plain unwatchable.