Sportsnation - god, what an awful show!

WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,977
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
The Beadle girl is kind of cute but it still can't save this trainwreck.

Colin Cowherd was our annoying LOCAL sports anchor for years.... how he got an ESPN gig is beyond me. :thumbdown:
If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
VIC 07
EV LA1 08
Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
Columbus 10
EV LA 11
Vancouver 11
Missoula 12
Portland 13, Spokane 13
St. Paul 14, Denver 14
Philly I & II, 16
Denver 22
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    this show is the final coffin in the once great espn...the only time i turned this show on, i thought i was on the wrong channel...honestly, i couldn't believe i was watching espn :?

don't the brain dead assholes of the world have enough choices to watch (e!, vh1, bravo)...must they watch espn too? :roll:
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Dude, I'm with you on this....I watched it for 10 minutes and decided that goign to the bathroom to take that shit I was holding was much more important.

Plus, I'm sick to death of hearing about Tiger Woods in a TMZ fashion. :roll:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    maybe that's why peter gammons left

espn is only good for live sports. they are the 00's version of mtv
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • imalive wrote:
    The Beadle girl is kind of cute but it still can't save this trainwreck.

Colin Cowherd was our annoying LOCAL sports anchor for years.... how he got an ESPN gig is beyond me. :thumbdown:

I never in million years thought they'd find a guy who is douchier than Skip Bayless. But I guess that's why they're the world-wide leader in sports.

I like the girl though. I like any girl with spunk who digs the NFL. But her likability doesn't nearly offset Cowherd's douchiness.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I never in million years thought they'd find a guy who is douchier than Skip Bayless.

Word up, dog ... I am out!
    Jim-Rome.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • jimed14 wrote:
    I never in million years thought they'd find a guy who is douchier than Skip Bayless.

Word up, dog ... I am out!
    Jim-Rome.jpg

lol. very well played.

for old time's sake: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,990
    Awful show. But I'm in love with Michelle Beadle. Infatuated.
  • BenzorBenzor Posts: 886

i'll watch this show whenever i can just because of her. love her.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,990
    Benzor wrote:

i'll watch this show whenever i can just because of her. love her.

Exactly.
  • Awful show. But I'm in love with Michelle Beadle. Infatuated.
    +1
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • confession: i like this show :oops: :oops: :oops: :silent:
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • I've only seen parts of it, and turn it off pretty quickly...

But, I do kinda like Cowherd's radio show. I couldn't stand it for the longest time, but I find myself listening to it if I'm in the car.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    The only thing worth watching ESPN for anymore is JUST the games they broadcast.
    Other than that, pretty much everything else is worthless!
    mca47 wrote:
    The only thing worth watching ESPN for anymore is JUST the games they broadcast.
    Other than that, pretty much everything else is worthless!

Outside of the live games, here's what I like.

PTI

John Buccigross ... dude is holding it down for the NHL, ALWAYS talks about it, always references it when he's on SC ... poor guy, you know he's aching for the return of NHL 2Night

Scott Van Pelt

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I pretty much live on ESPN.

I also like: Outside the Lines, Around the Horn, NFL Live, 1st and Ten, College Football Gameday.

There have been some good documentaries on the 30 in 30 special.

SportsNation is okay and as stated above Michelle Beadle is pretty easy on the eyes.
    #FHP
    Horos wrote:

I also like: Outside the Lines, Around the Horn, NFL Live, 1st and Ten, College Football Gameday.

SportsNation is okay and as stated above Michelle Beadle is pretty easy on the eyes.

1st and ten .... you mean, you willingly chose to hear Skip Bayless' voice? And even worse, his opinion?!? Oy.

And while we're on the subject of annoying ESPN personalities, what the fuck happened to Tom Jackson?

I used to love NFL Primetime back in the day, Bermand and Jackson riffin' about the day's events in the NFL, it was a good watch.

Now, Berman doesn't have his fastball anymore (he's a horrible play by play guy for baseball) and his jokes are far beyond stale, but, I can still watch him do football highlights. But Tom Jackson, oh good god, he's become a crusty old man. No one on that Monday Night Countdown set can talk without Jackson in the backround audibly going "mhmm, mhmm, mhmm" to every fucking point being made. And if it's just Jackson and Berman, Jackson's "mhmms" are almost as loud as Berman talking. Also feel he tries to insert himself and make bold opinions that jsut aren't true/make zero sense. He's become my least favorite football personality on that station, except Stu Scott, there's another fucking guy I don't even want to waste energy on.

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,450
    Horos wrote:

Agree the 30 in 30 documentaries have been great - the Len Bias and Jimmy the Greek ones have been my favorites so far
    pjhawks wrote:
    Horos wrote:

Agree the 30 in 30 documentaries have been great - the Len Bias and Jimmy the Greek ones have been my favorites so far

I liked the one on the USFL as well.

• HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    jimed14 wrote:
    Horos wrote:

1st and ten .... you mean, you willingly chose to hear Skip Bayless' voice? And even worse, his opinion?!? Oy.

And while we're on the subject of annoying ESPN personalities, what the fuck happened to Tom Jackson?

I used to love NFL Primetime back in the day, Bermand and Jackson riffin' about the day's events in the NFL, it was a good watch.

Now, Berman doesn't have his fastball anymore (he's a horrible play by play guy for baseball) and his jokes are far beyond stale, but, I can still watch him do football highlights. But Tom Jackson, oh good god, he's become a crusty old man. No one on that Monday Night Countdown set can talk without Jackson in the backround audibly going "mhmm, mhmm, mhmm" to every fucking point being made. And if it's just Jackson and Berman, Jackson's "mhmms" are almost as loud as Berman talking. Also feel he tries to insert himself and make bold opinions that jsut aren't true/make zero sense. He's become my least favorite football personality on that station, except Stu Scott, there's another fucking guy I don't even want to waste energy on.
    I get a laugh out of Skip's opinions. One thing is he sticks to his guns no matter how unreasonable his opinion is. Can't stand the 2 Stus as guests but the others are great, do miss Woody though.
    #FHP
  • The girl on the show is hot, but the show is terrible overall. ESPN needs to stop trying so hard....just give us more games!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,977
    Beadle cannot save this show... hot or not. Her fawning over Cowherd is really pretty revolting.

I never in million years thought they'd find a guy who is douchier than Skip Bayless. .

but they did!!!

Top 5 ESPN Douches (in no particular order):

Cowherd
    Rome
    Bayless (I think it's calculated, though)
    Stuart Scott
    Hannah Storm (aka Skeletor)

who else?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:
    Beadle cannot save this show... hot or not. Her fawning over Cowherd is really pretty revolting.

I never in million years thought they'd find a guy who is douchier than Skip Bayless. .

but they did!!!

Cowherd
    Rome
    Stuart Scott

who else?

berman is king douche...all the rest are pretenders
    imalive wrote:

but they did!!!

Cowherd
    Rome
    Stuart Scott

who else?

Joe Morgan ... worst announcer in baseball.

Don't see much of Steven A Smith anymore, but, his schtick got real tired, real fast.

jimed14 wrote:
    imalive wrote:

but they did!!!

Cowherd
    Rome
    Stuart Scott

who else?

Joe Morgan ... worst announcer in baseball.

Don't see much of Steven A Smith anymore, but, his schtick got real tired, real fast.

A little off subject, but if I may say that Jeff Van Gundy deserves to be on that list of douche-baggery.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • i liked Woody Paige at first, but his schtick got old fast too. he ended up just being a clown. i think they told him to tone it down and stop acting retarded.

i cant watch anything with Berman.
    MrSmith wrote:
    i liked Woody Paige at first, but his schtick got old fast too. he ended up just being a clown. i think they told him to tone it down and stop acting retarded.

i cant watch anything with Berman.

ah yes, Around the Horn ...

Jay Mariotti ... douche.
    Bill Plashke ... douche.

And they've been throwing Dan Shaughnessy of the Boston Globe on air every now and again ... SUPER DOUCHE!

Somebody please back me up on JVG...horrible basketball commentator.

I often wish I had selective mute on my TV so I could jsut avoid his commentary. DOUCHE.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Holy shit ... how did we forget this douche???

kiper.jpg

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,977
    Oh, hell yeah! Good call. :thumbup:
    jimed14 wrote:
    Holy shit ... how did we forget this douche???

kiper.jpg
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Somebody please back me up on JVG...horrible basketball commentator.

He's pretty damn funny on those NBA commercials ;)

FOX also has many, many Hall of Douche announcers.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    I hate everything about Espn besides Scott Van Pelt, Erin Andrews and the This is SportsCenter ads.

Around the Horn is good but I think I can predict what both of them are going to say at this point.