Who's going to Ireland June 2010!

CarnitoCarnito Posts: 11
edited December 2009 in The Porch
Hey y'all,

Thought I would start a thread for anyone traveling to Ireland for the start of the 2010 European Tour. I'm planning on going from 6/18 to at least 6/25 and am attending both Dublin and Belfast. I live in Chicago so I will be looking for flights, accommodations, etc. so I thought this could be used to help each other out with tips on all topics regarding this great trip.

I last visited Ireland in 2000 and loved it. Went to Dublin of course and then Galway, which was my favorite town in 2 months of traveling Europe so I highly recommend making that trip as well as renting a car and driving the N-17 which had some of the best views/scenery I've ever seen. Alright, thats all I got for now...look forward to hearing from everyone!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Not American, but I'll be coming from Toronto. Dublin, Beflast, and Berlin so far. Staying over there for at least 3 weeks so will likely hit another show ot two. My first time to Europe so over the next little while I'll be looking into flights, hotels, things do to etc. as well.

Keep in touch and let me know what deals you find.
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    looks like i'm not the only torontonian making the voyage to dublin. that's the only show i'm hitting up though.
  • jdelinjdelin Posts: 189
    I'll be making the trip from Boston to Dublin. Already booked the flight and hotel at Jurys Inn Custom House. Can't wait!!

NY 9/29/96; NJ 9/8/98; NY 9/10/98; NY 8/24/00; Mansfield 7/2/03; Mansfield 7/11/03; Boston 9/28/04 (VFC); Post-Letterman, NY 5/4/06; Boston 5/24/06; Boston 5/25/06; Mansfield 6/28/08; Mansfield 6/30/08; Boston 5/17/10; Dublin 6/22/10; Alpine Valley 9/3/11; Alpine Valley 9/4/11; Worcester 10/15/13; Worcester 10/16/13; Brooklyn 10/18/13; Philadelphia 4/29/16; Boston 8/5/16; Boston 8/7/16, Seattle 8/8/18, Seattle 8/10/18, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18

Mike Watt featuring EV, NY 4/27/95; Three Fish w/JA, NY 7/11/96; Three Fish w/JA, NY 6/11/99; EV Solo, Boston 8/1/08, Tres Mts. w/JA & MM, Boston 3/27/11; EV Solo, Boston 6/16/11
  • I'm coming with a decent size group from Wisconsin!!! Got a few big time fans and two Pearl Jam Virgins who are about to see the concerts of there life!!! Will be there a week to check out the sites, would be nice to catch up with some fans somewhere before/after the concerts at one of the local pubs.
    United Center - Aug 23, 2009 / Austin City Limits - Oct 04, 2009 / Sprint Center - May 03, 2010
    The O2 - Jun 22, 2010 / Odyssey Arena - Jun 23, 2010
  • Going to both Dublin and Belfast gigs.

Staying in the Jurys Inn Parnell Street (As Custom house was double the price) in Dublin and the Premier Inn in Belfast.
  • jdelinjdelin Posts: 189
    Are there going to be pre-parties the day before of day of the show?

NY 9/29/96; NJ 9/8/98; NY 9/10/98; NY 8/24/00; Mansfield 7/2/03; Mansfield 7/11/03; Boston 9/28/04 (VFC); Post-Letterman, NY 5/4/06; Boston 5/24/06; Boston 5/25/06; Mansfield 6/28/08; Mansfield 6/30/08; Boston 5/17/10; Dublin 6/22/10; Alpine Valley 9/3/11; Alpine Valley 9/4/11; Worcester 10/15/13; Worcester 10/16/13; Brooklyn 10/18/13; Philadelphia 4/29/16; Boston 8/5/16; Boston 8/7/16, Seattle 8/8/18, Seattle 8/10/18, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18

Mike Watt featuring EV, NY 4/27/95; Three Fish w/JA, NY 7/11/96; Three Fish w/JA, NY 6/11/99; EV Solo, Boston 8/1/08, Tres Mts. w/JA & MM, Boston 3/27/11; EV Solo, Boston 6/16/11
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    baaadasss, gotta meet at least some of you over the pond people :P
    jdelin wrote:

we dont do pre parties over here as we dont have our own seats already before the show. I think the less insane fans meet up at a pub for a few drinks but i consider myself one of the queueing nuts so i'll be in line sometime around 6am for the shows :P
  • I'll be heading to Ireland for the show. Havent figured out my plans yet or anything though,
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    dublin i am up for a queue, the pre-party is the queue.

Post parties are the go :D
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517

Whelans.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Hinn wrote:

Whelans.

Fuckin' hell, you do realise that Whelans is miiiiiles away from the O2?! :lol:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Jennytree wrote:
    Hinn wrote:

Whelans.

Fuckin' hell, you do realise that Whelans is miiiiiles away from the O2?! :lol:
    Yeah, but still, when i decide if i wanna head over there the weekend before the show or just the day before... you know where to find me :)
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
    i will be there the weekend before...

I'm going to whelans... gotta spot at whelans :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

Ah we have to go to the Foggy at some point too - tis a nice aul place for Sunday afternoon pints 8-)
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    hopefully a US tour is announced very soon so i can put more things into place and maybe swing a couple on the way to europe
    then i can worry about getting onto the pints or Irelands finest beverages 8-)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Carnito wrote:
    ...so I highly recommend making that trip as well as renting a car and driving the N-17 which had some of the best views/scenery I've ever seen. Alright, thats all I got for now...look forward to hearing from everyone!
    Y'know there's a song about that road - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q1ijju1T4E
    Good ol' Saw Doctors. Maybe PJ will cover this :D
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Brisk. wrote:
    baaadasss, gotta meet at least some of you over the pond people :P
    jdelin wrote:

we dont do pre parties over here as we dont have our own seats already before the show. I think the less insane fans meet up at a pub for a few drinks but i consider myself one of the queueing nuts so i'll be in line sometime around 6am for the shows :P

Pre-party the night before like Wembley 07 and Manchester 09 8-)

I arrive on Monday :D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • chime wrote:

Pre-party the night before like Wembley 07 and Manchester 09 8-)

I arrive on Monday :D
    we all arrive at Monday for this reason..im waiting for this pre-party :D
    any thoughts for organize some?Jenny mention a wishlist one..the one in Manchester was awesome the last time!!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Yes, certainly gonna try organise a Monday night session in the wonderful city of Dublin for all the wonderful Jammers! 8-)
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • hey guys,

I will be in Dublin scalping a ticket, have tickets to Belfast, London, rock weircher and Spain..

Traveling from Sydney Australia by myself , are any of you guys going to Rock Weircher? Has anyone been to the festival before, whats it like?

Thanks,

Moosh
    1998 Sydney
    2003 Sydney x 3
    2006 Sydney x 3
    2009 Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney
    2010 Dublin , Belfast, Berlin, Venice
    2011 Eddie Vedder Solo - Newcastle, Sydney x 3
  • danleridanleri Posts: 497
    Jennytree wrote:
    Yes, certainly gonna try organise a Monday night session in the wonderful city of Dublin for all the wonderful Jammers! 8-)

let me know if I can be of any help at all!
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • danleri wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

i dont know how can i help from here ,but im in in all..will be nice we do a badge like 2009 uk one..im in for helping in donation
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    danleri wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

i dont know how can i help from here ,but im in in all..will be nice we do a badge like 2009 uk one..im in for helping in donation

If someone designs it (I'm useless at those kind of things) this is where we ordered them from last time (and several times before that :P) http://www.badgesforbands.com/ and it has tips on how to design them.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    Jennytree wrote:

Jenny i hope this can be in or around Temple Bar so I can drop by, we dont get to Dublin till 8pm on the 21st but i still hope to check in with you all
    Don't worry - it'll be central for everyone! I'll start a thread at the start of the new year and get the groove flowing!

I also have an idea for a badge :twisted:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

Jenny i hope this can be in or around Temple Bar so I can drop by, we dont get to Dublin till 8pm on the 21st but i still hope to check in with you all
    :lol::lol: 8pm??man we will be till the bar is closed there..so plenty of hours to taste this Irish beer im listening all this time.. :D
  • Jennytree wrote:
    Don't worry - it'll be central for everyone! I'll start a thread at the start of the new year and get the groove flowing!

I also have an idea for a badge :twisted:
    thats exactly is what i wanna hear..great Jenny,so fuckin great!!!!!wwhhooohhooo :D .
  • chime wrote:
    [

If someone designs it (I'm useless at those kind of things) this is where we ordered them from last time (and several times before that :P) http://www.badgesforbands.com/ and it has tips on how to design them.
    im sure i can win u Chime in the contest best useless at those kind of things :lol:
  • I'm involved. Getting to Dublin on the Saturday to give me a bit of time for sight seeing before I start pre-partying. Belfast + Hyde Park too. :D:D:D:D
    Check out my covers http://www.youtube.com/wickedwkd

Amsterdam 26/6/12, Manchester 21/6/12, Manchester 20/6/12, PJ20 4/9/11 PJ20 3/9/11 Hyde Park 25/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, Dublin 22/6/10, Philly 30/10/09, Philly 28/10/09, O2 18/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Shepherds Bush 11/8/09, Goeffert Park 28/6/07, Wembley Arena 18/6/09, Marseille 9/6/06, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Astoria 20/4/06