PEARL JAM AND WEED

Comments

• Wow... I didn't realize that there were so many high-schoolers or maybe even middle-schoolers on the board.

:roll:

I don't do it that often myself anymore, but I don't think you can equate this behaviour with being juvenile. Weed is for all ages! 8-)
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • I'm pretty much stoned all the time so it's sort of hard to distinguish anymore between listening to music high or not high. I guess I'd say that live tunes in which Mike is using a lot of distortion are my favs to listen to when I'm stoned.

wow, sounds like my lead guitarist. I smoked up with him during jam a while back, and I said "did you get anything off that? I didn't". His reply was "I don't know, it's hard to tell the difference these days".

I literally fell to the ground laughing.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Wow... I didn't realize that there were so many high-schoolers or maybe even middle-schoolers on the board.

I don't do it that often myself anymore, but I don't think you can equate this behaviour with being juvenile. Weed is for all ages! 8-)
    I would say, experimenting with weed and the lights off and such are things I thought were awesome when I was coming to my own back in high school.. and I found myself, so just getting drunk after a long hard day at work seems more apealing now. 8-)

Not that I never smoke weed, its just not the same. Been there, done that. All I care about now is taking the edge off.
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Posts: 1,029
    My short term memory is gone but i can remember listening to Melbourne 95 on Triple J & slaughtering a cone(bowl) to Tremor Christ & going to a crazy place where only music can take you, the music was right inside my head. Tremor is my favourite song but not sure if that is the reason. That was along time ago & have now given up the green & it is one of the best things i have ever done. Music does sound so much better when you are stoned.
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14 Budapest 22 Krakow 22 Amsterdam 22 St Paul 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 24 New York 1 24 Philly 1&2 24 Boston 1&2 24 Gold Coast 24 Melbourne 1 24 Sydney 1&2 24
  • Wow... I didn't realize that there were so many high-schoolers or maybe even middle-schoolers on the board.

Hey everybody look! Look over here! This persons shit doesn't stink!

Get over yourself. :twisted:
    tacos
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,237
    iwasthere wrote:
    Wow... I didn't realize that there were so many high-schoolers or maybe even middle-schoolers on the board.

Yeah really the coolest fans i have met are from this board and smoke some awsome ganja where the f is Crazybreed 8-) .
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • iwasthere wrote:

Seriously?

You probably think whippits are the shit too, right?
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,281
    I used to spin Binaural with headphones all the time back in my "smoking days".

Those were some good times!!! :D
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    I'm always high, and Pearl Jam always sounds great!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • iwasthere wrote:

Seriously?

You probably think whippits are the shit too, right?

What's with you? A lot of people smoke pot well into old age and that doesn't mean they're immature or "middle-schoolers". You seem like someone who could use a buzz yourself.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    yahamita wrote:
    I'm always high, and Pearl Jam always sounds great!

that
  • Now that I read this thread, I want to smoke some. 8-)

Puff Puff Pass, don't hog that shit!!!

Oh and by the way Mr. FBI guy, hippie stoners are much better than stupid drunks... :lol:
    I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club.
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    Sleight Of Hand has showed me all its inner and obscure powers many times 8-) ...fuckin fantastic! :mrgreen:
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • Ricsard wrote:
    Sleight Of Hand has showed me all its inner and obscure powers many times 8-) ...fuckin fantastic! :mrgreen:

NOTHING AS IT SEEMS....EXCELENT.....
    From Montevideo, Uruguay.
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    Ricsard wrote:

NOTHING AS IT SEEMS....EXCELENT.....

yeah, of course...and the majority of Binaural...and what about MAN OF THE FUCKIN' HOUR??? ;)
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • LaddieLaddie Posts: 311
    Seriously, where is crazy breed? Is he beating people up that have lame avatars? At one point I was convinced I could hear the ambient sounds on binaural while listening to it through headphones. And this thread is definitely making me want some. Again, this would be a great time for crazy breed to jump in!
  • Laddie wrote:
    Seriously, where is crazy breed? Is he beating people up that have lame avatars? At one point I was convinced I could hear the ambient sounds on binaural while listening to it through headphones. And this thread is definitely making me want some. Again, this would be a great time for crazy breed to jump in!

Yes it is!!!!!!!
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    I've listened to just about every PJ song high but one of the most memorable experiences was one random night listening to In My Tree. I had smoked some crazy stuff that night and a lot of it. I was in my room, it was dark and the stereo was up loud. In My Tree comes on and I immediately got visuals. I closed my eyes and could see this little cabin on this hill. My view point was from above the cabin and I was rotating around it. This went on for a bit but the speed of my rotating around the cabin started to pick up and at around 2:04 into the song when ED sings "I remember whennnnn yeah!!" The cabin ripped out of the ground and launched into space all the while I was still rotating around it. I think I passed out shortly after, but I'll never forget this as long as I live. One of the most intense things I've ever experienced. That part of the song to this day makes me weak in the knees even if I'm stone cold sober.
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Add some 100% natural mushrooms to your 100% natural weed and you get Pearl Jam BLISS. :D
    I experienced this at the Oct. 27th Philly show and I re-live that night over and over. I'll never forget singing Nothingman and Black with 15,000 other fans.

The funny part was before the lights went down, I turned to my wife and said "Hey look, there's a whole group on the floor that has those big Spock ears on from Star Trek" She still laughs at me today. No one had em on. :lol:
  • The Pearl Jam - Weed connection always work. I love to hear Pearl Jam´s music when I´m sober, but sometimes is really wonderfull to smoke some weed while you listen PJ...You hear the music from a different place in some many ways. Pearl Jam is a great band for that kind of experiences, like Led Zeppelin and The Who.
    They use a lot of different sounds and effects in their songs, some are recorded in a high volume and others in a low volume and in almost all the Pearl Jam songs you can find that sounds and effects that when you´re sober seems to be¨hidden¨, and of course that all low-recorded sounds give body to the songs.

The weed effects are very good and you can hear much more easy those low-recorded sounds with it.
    And of course, it´s a really great trip too...and other way to enjoy the best band in the world.

Now, weed and live shows is another great way to enjoy the band´s music and energy too.
  • Ive never used :mrgreen: and dont need to, Pearl Jam IS my drug.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Ive never used :mrgreen: and dont need to, Pearl Jam IS my drug.

And that is awesome! PJ is a drug, however and whenever you listen to them! 8-)
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    smoked a bowl and watching a 2008 Columiba DVD, its fun to do, becomes kind of a head trip analyzing them, songs sound more intense.

Present Tense was awesome and stood out about this performance
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    BINAURAL+DANK+HEADPHONES=HEAVEN
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,099
    As a surprising amount of people have already said, I too am usually stoned. Hence, it's just natural that I listen to Pearl Jam stoned all the time. My favourite is weed + Release.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    missoula montana, 98. we had a few joints rolled with homegrown and broke them out for daughter.

we shared .....great show. half the stadium ended up chanting "pearl" and and the other half did "jam". was rad, especially being all stoned.
  • mca47 wrote:

binaural w/the headphones, stoned...it's still awesome! ;)
    No time to be void or save up on life...you've got to spend it all.
  • mca47 wrote:

binaural w/the headphones, stoned...it's still awesome! ;)
    :thumbup:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • shepshep Posts: 5,764
    I used to be a serious pothead (like a lot of people here seem to be claiming) but have given it up lately cause I am too busy with work, and I find a lot of time pot makes me super paranoid.... Having smoked it for around 10 years every day (and I mean literally all day every day through all of high-school and college and sometime after that), now when I take just a little pass I am completely floored...

However, that being said, all music goes better with weed. I still hit up a lot of shows, but the good ones, I will always find a joint or two to have before I go. Pearl Jam for sure deserves a toke -- I just get so much more into the moment and lose myself in the concert. When I'm not high, I'm analyzing the band too much, or I just get drunk to the point where 1/2 the concert becomes a blur (thus the bootlegs being the greatest thing in the world)....

Last puff I had was at ACL... and I think prior to that probably the Amp in Toronto.... and prior to that Tool in San Antonio over the summer (now there is another great band that is very enjoyable while high....)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,277
    when i smoked the green benaroya hall for me!!!!!!!!!!
    danny d