PEARL JAM AND WEED

Deep In The OceanDeep In The Ocean Posts: 196
edited April 2010 in The Porch
TELL YOUR EXPERIENCES....WICH ARE YOUR FAVOURITE SONGS OR ALBUMS WHILE YOU´RE GETTIN´ :mrgreen:
AND YOUR LIVE EXPERIENCES TOO!!!!
From Montevideo, Uruguay.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I've only listened to a few songs when high.. Of the Girl was one of them and I remember it pissed me off because the intro felt like it took an hour before the lyrics finally kicked in..

I don't like weed. I'd rather listen to Pearl Jam drunk.
  • Back in 2000, went to the show in St. Louis. Outdoor venue, so easier to smoke. Anyway, had some guy next to us claim he smoked more weed than the zig zag man. Have always found thi funny and will occasionly break it out. Now, usally just smoke in the parking lot.
    tacos
  • Hope no one in the office walks past me as I type this!! :lol:

Sleight of Hand
    Low Lights
    Parachutes
    Indifference
    Come Back
    Off He Goes
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11
  • I've only listened to a few songs when high.. Of the Girl was one of them and I remember it pissed me off because the intro felt like it took an hour before the lyrics finally kicked in..

I don't like weed. I'd rather listen to Pearl Jam drunk.

i would have to say being in that state now and having listen to pj any song you can sing along to and know all the songs of by heart!!!!! ;) and i sound awesome singing them too! :D
    Maybe, someday another child
    Won't feel as alone as she does

i swear i reconize your breath
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising
  • I'm pretty much stoned all the time so it's sort of hard to distinguish anymore between listening to music high or not high. I guess I'd say that live tunes in which Mike is using a lot of distortion are my favs to listen to when I'm stoned.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    is like :
    1. Cereal & milk
    2. peanut butter & Jelly
    3. Cool Aid & Sugar
    4. FEEL FREE TO ADD YOUR OWN !! :mrgreen:
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    i like it all- 8-)
    but most of all to laugh- so funny movies like pineapple express, hangover, just laugh laugh laugh wet my pants :shock: laugh some more
    but yes pj goes better with wine and weed-"then i get to thinking" I seem to always hear something new or did i just forget :D
  • jokertt14 wrote:
    is like :
    1. Cereal & milk
    2. peanut butter & Jelly
    3. Cool Aid & Sugar

Maple syrup and ladies. Beer and waffles.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • jokertt14 wrote:
    is like :
    1. Cereal & milk
    2. peanut butter & Jelly
    3. Cool Aid & Sugar

THE CHIPS MAN, THE CHIPS!!!.....DON´T FORGET THE CHIPS!!!!! :mrgreen:
  • danleridanleri Posts: 497
    In Dublin and Barcelona 2006 I was stoned, I had some grass with me and I smoked it while q'ing...
    In London 2007 I was smoking grass too and in Copenhagen 2007 we scored some hash in Christiania.

It comes without saying I love listening to music (at home or live) when stoned. Everybody who smokes here knows what I'm talking about.

Generally when I'm home I do prefer mellow music like Sigur Ros or stuff like that, when stoned.
    That doesn't necessarily mean I don't like listening to PJ while stoned, I like it too, the mellow stuff is just a preference over other music.
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • I just recently got really high and turned off all the lights in the room and lit one candle in the center while me and my friends sat in a circle and blared Indifference. It was pretty amazing. I recommend it
    "So much it dont show"
  • Im always stoned so the only thing i can compare it to is Pearl Jam and mushrooms, and then anything they play is great.
  • klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    do some bucket bongs,then crank up some PJ. blows the mind Brother
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• danleri wrote:
    In Dublin and Barcelona 2006 I was stoned, I had some grass with me and I smoked it while q'ing...
    In London 2007 I was smoking grass too and in Copenhagen 2007 we scored some hash in Christiania.

It comes without saying I love listening to music (at home or live) when stoned. Everybody who smokes here knows what I'm talking about.

Generally when I'm home I do prefer mellow music like Sigur Ros or stuff like that, when stoned.
    That doesn't necessarily mean I don't like listening to PJ while stoned, I like it too, the mellow stuff is just a preference over other music.

I know what you´re talkin about.
  • release00 wrote:
    I just recently got really high and turned off all the lights in the room and lit one candle in the center while me and my friends sat in a circle and blared Indifference. It was pretty amazing. I recommend it

I´m goin´ to try that someday...sounds very good. :D
  • I used to listen to Indifference with the lights out and incense burning, as I was stoned, with my eyes closed... That song is very nice! The meoldies and guitars and bass and everything is soooo nice :)
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    First note of every show I'm at. It's tradition. Smuggle one left handed cigarette in for the show for that first song.
  • I used to listen to Indifference with the lights out and incense burning, as I was stoned, with my eyes closed... That song is very nice! The meoldies and guitars and bass and everything is soooo nice :)

Yeah I used to do stuff like that back when I first started smoking weed. Even though a good portion of the album rocks hard, at some point I determined No Code to be a weed album and would listen to it in this manner.

Acid is another story. The first time I took acid I came home and tried to listen to Animal and the rhythm guitar sounded like a chainsaw trying to kill me.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

Yeah I used to do stuff like that back when I first started smoking weed. Even though a good portion of the album rocks hard, at some point I determined No Code to be a weed album and would listen to it in this manner.

Acid is another story. The first time I took acid I came home and tried to listen to Animal and the rhythm guitar sounded like a chainsaw trying to kill me.

Lol, yea Animal is definitely not an uplifting song for a psychedelic journey 8-)
  • release00 wrote:
    I just recently got really high and turned off all the lights in the room and lit one candle in the center while me and my friends sat in a circle and blared Indifference. It was pretty amazing. I recommend it

Cheers!!! :):):)
  • I think Ten is the best album to jam out to while stoned on a funky Buddha sack
  • NOTHING AS IT SEEMS IS MY WEED.....DONT NEED ANYTHING ELSE
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,247
    "Unthough Known" was a trip while I was high :mrgreen: but Like someone said, I'd prefer to be drunk while listening to Pearl Jam
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • Wow... I didn't realize that there were so many high-schoolers or maybe even middle-schoolers on the board.

:roll:
  • LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Wow... I didn't realize that there were so many high-schoolers or maybe even middle-schoolers on the board.

Oh no.......people of all ages are on the board.
  • andrewbandrewb Posts: 488
    Philly 3 smoked 4 J's to the dome. It was magic.
    However my favorite smoking moment with PJ was at MSG II last year, just lit up my 2nd right before GTF and he changed the lyrics to smoked a joint in a tree as he sometimes does and that was perfect
    PJ
    6/03/06 6/24/08 6/25/08 6/28/08 8/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 3/13/10 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10 5/21/10 9/3/11 9/4/11 9/2/12 10/18/13 10/19/13 10/25/13 10/22/14 9/26/15 5/1/16 5/2/16 8/5/16 8/7/16 8/20/16 4/7/17

Ed Ved
    8/5/08 6/12/09 6/21/11 6/22/11

Brad
    5/23/12

Soundgarden
    7/9/11 1/23/13 8/1/14

RNDM
    3/7/16
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Wow... I didn't realize that there were so many high-schoolers or maybe even middle-schoolers on the board.

LOL!. Thats exactly what I was thinking reading this thread.. some of this stuff is things I would have loved to do in high school.. I used to have a black light and Indifference blaring back in the day. 8-)
  • FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 973
    Hi I'm in the FBI and all you stoner hippie assholes are under arrest.