Army Reserve.......

2»

Comments

• love the song, the vibe, and guitars...but it reminds me of U2 for some reason.

and I LOVE U2!!

come back, inside job, and army reserve fantastic midtempo, slow songs on avocado
    Justin smith
  • EastiesEasties Posts: 479
    This track is greatness. That fat bass line is just great.

It's amazing how Ed really got into the heads of military families to write this from their perspective. I saw "Brothers" over the weekend and it made me think of the song. So many victims over here too.

It was co-written with Damien Echols actually. Just thought I would let you know.

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.ph ... lit=echols
  • I love Army Reserve! One of my faves...gives me goosebumps!
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    so many people say this song is "meh"....but it's the best fucking song on self titled!!......i think it may just be too soulful for some of you honkies! ;):mrgreen:

Soulful? Inside Job is soulful. This one is just, yeah, it's MEH :twisted:
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    as a honkie, i find this thread to be pretty racist.
    www.myspace.com
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I love this song!!! (maybe because I'm not a honky? ...not that there's anything wrong with that) ;)
    my second favorite on Avocado behind Comatose
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Force of Nature reminds me of Army Reserve- they are two very good songs that don't strike you as being such at first.

I completely agree, I said the same thing when Backspacer came out. They're very much overlooked songs (one album has songs like Life Wasted and World Wide Suicide and Gone, the other has The Fixer and Unthought Known and Just Breathe...easy to get overlooked I guess) but Force of Nature is by far my favorite song on Backspacer, and Army Reserve is by FAR my favorite song on Avocado. There's so much soul and meaning in both of those songs.

And speaking of overlooked, Avocado is my favorite Pearl Jam album. I can't understand how people can overlook it so much. Ten is great, Vs. is great, Vitalogy is great, but I think Avocado is as complete an album as can be written. It totally sums up what this band has evolved into; it's well-written, intelligent, thoughtful, and musically, it's mind-blowing just how good it is.
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • SOLAT319 wrote:
    so many people say this song is "meh"....but it's the best fucking song on self titled!!......i think it may just be too soulful for some of you honkies! ;):mrgreen:

Soulful? Inside Job is soulful. This one is just, yeah, it's MEH :twisted:

pffffffttttttt.........honkey!!!! :P :P :P

as a honkie, i find this thread to be pretty racist.

well....if i wasn't white you might have a leg to stand on...

but you don't...so you lose / i'm white with more soul than platform shoes 8-):mrgreen: