Options

Pete thought Pearl Jam sounded amazing!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Sorry, that's just a real touchy subject with Who fans. There are still so many people who sling horrible accusations around. And I had the incredible privilege of meeting Pete before the VH1 show and he's such a wonderful man that I kind of jumped on anything that looked like more criticism.

So I apologize for being a rude bitch.

Don't apologize
    I'm right there with you.
    It's a really touchy subject and I hate having to defend Pete to a bunch of waterheads who don't realize the pain those accusations caused Pete Townshend and his wonderful family.

Who fans have a right to have a "stick up their ass" about this subject as I'm sure Pearl Jam fans would be outraged if a member of Pearl Jam was attacked the same way Pete Townshend was.
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    I thought they sounded amazing myself. But isn't Pete like almost deaf?
    He hears pretty well. His hearing loss is high frequency tones.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    Don't apologize
    I'm right there with you.
    It's a really touchy subject and I hate having to defend Pete to a bunch of waterheads who don't realize the pain those accusations caused Pete Townshend and his wonderful family.
    It's just one of those things that every time you think it's gone away somebody brings it up again. And I just cringe.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    nice article

agreed..

I love reading Pete's thoughts on the world..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    No WayNo Way Posts: 39
    I noticed that Pete failed to mention Incubus, both in his comments live on the show, and in this e-mail that the article was based on. Just wondering if that was an innocent oversight, or if there was some other reason . . . Does anyone know?
    I just need someone to be there for . . . me
    I just want someone to be there for . . .
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    It's just one of those things that every time you think it's gone away somebody brings it up again. And I just cringe.

It drives me up the frigging wall when it's mentioned, espeically by idiots that don't know anything about Pete but they heard the initial accustation and can't let it fucking go.

I actually wrote Pete immediately after the initial news came out and he was kind enough to write me back within days and thank me for my support

he also sent me a holiday card that year. That's was a NICE surprise :)

Now what other MEGA rock star would you expect that from

not too many, that's for sure

the man is awesome
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    It drives me up the frigging wall when it's mentioned, espeically by idiots that don't know anything about Pete but they heard the initial accustation and can't let it fucking go.

I actually wrote Pete immediately after the initial news came out and he was kind enough to write me back within days and thank me for my support

he also sent me a holiday card that year. That's was a NICE surprise :)

Now what other MEGA rock star would you expect that from

not too many, that's for sure

the man is awesome

Wow that's so cool!!
    Aside from Eddie and Pete...there is probably no one else that I'd expect that from.