Question about No More War

RobbieC2008RobbieC2008 Posts: 432
edited December 2009 in The Porch
My question is this, so we all have had to either put up with or get behind Eddie's bashing of George bush for the last 8 years, which lead him to many things for vets and even as we all know wrote and pretty much performed until the day GWB was out of the White House No More War...In 09 we are still 2 war, we are still losing lives, yet I didnt here the song @ any of the 09 shows I went to united center, 2 spectrums, outside lands, ACL...and than this in the paper today made me think "WASHINGTON – The Pentagon's top military officer says 16,000 troops have received their orders for Afghanistan since President Barack Obama announced his new war strategy" Was Ed's whole rally just because he hated Bush? why not give shit to Obabma since he vowed to pull out of this war within a year, now he's sending more tropps and setting up new strategy. I am not a GWB guy nor an Obama guy, I dont vote because of shit like this, they promise 1 thing and do a different thing the mionute they get elected...So I started thinking, why has Eddie abandoned this song when we are still @ war? Is it because Obamas his boy? Pretty hippocritical if so, but just wanted to see what you guys thought about it
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LiteTheMatchLiteTheMatch Posts: 1,208
    edited December 2009
    That's because Obama promised us all change... And I'm still waiting for mine to come in the mail!
    Post edited by LiteTheMatch on
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • And for the record, I dont want to sound like I am killing Eddie, I know the man does leaps and bounds for vets so I dont question by any means his sincerity for them @ all....just wanted to see why he stopped playing it..
  • played it in Chicago night 2
  • Ahhhhhh, I was @ night 1, shoud have done my research...lol
  • A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
  • Man he is missed...good stuff, I like the baseball player one too. EV made a few George comments during 08 tours if I remeber right?
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,118
    i may be making this up as the voices in my head lead me to believe things that arent true but i believe ed criticized Obama during one of the Philly shows asking for him to get off the pot, so to speak, and make a decision already on Afghanistan as we cant afford to keep waiting. Give EV credit when credit is due. He calls a spade a spade no matter who is in power at the time. Heck, even though I disagreed with it, he preached Ralph Nader at one time as opposed to a Democrat
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    edited December 2009
    My question is this, so we all have had to either put up with or get behind Eddie's bashing of George bush for the last 8 years, which lead him to many things for vets and even as we all know wrote and pretty much performed until the day GWB was out of the White House No More War...In 09 we are still 2 war, we are still losing lives, yet I didnt here the song @ any of the 09 shows I went to united center, 2 spectrums, outside lands, ACL...and than this in the paper today made me think "WASHINGTON – The Pentagon's top military officer says 16,000 troops have received their orders for Afghanistan since President Barack Obama announced his new war strategy" Was Ed's whole rally just because he hated Bush? why not give shit to Obabma since he vowed to pull out of this war within a year, now he's sending more tropps and setting up new strategy. I am not a GWB guy nor an Obama guy, I dont vote because of shit like this, they promise 1 thing and do a different thing the mionute they get elected...So I started thinking, why has Eddie abandoned this song when we are still @ war? Is it because Obamas his boy? Pretty hippocritical if so, but just wanted to see what you guys thought about it

This war isn't as simple as just getting out- Also, there is way to much Power in Washington, strong arming the president. Eddie is an activist and is still against the war- I also believe he is a realist and understands that it just isn't that easy as flipping the switch. To much money involved in Afghanistan. He can't just bail on everyone because it's going to make our nation appear worst then it already does. The best he could do is kill Osama and train those people to look survive with out the US. Also, I think they are taking of advantage that they are so close to Iran and they are spying on them...... bottom line is that it's F'ing complicated and I think he is trying to please everyone........
    Post edited by Boxes&Books on
  • At LA4 he tagged wishlist with 'I wish I was the president.. get tthe fuck out of Afghanistan.. lucky we can trust the man'
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Can't recall now, but the 3 shows I saw in '09 at least one or two songs had a modified line just supporting Obama ... yeah mighta been wishlist. And then ACL taping clearly showed his devotion to the vets, that was some good stuff! He's still good ol' eddie and plainly gonna speak his mind when he wants -- he got in a quick knock about gay marriage being illegal at LA2.

If he solos, I'd imagine it comes back. I've always thunk it's an EV solo song anywho -- not like he played any of his solo stuff at the PJ shows, no?
    [sic] happens
  • well he never said he's pulling out of all war completely...he said he's pulling out of iraq by the end of next summer (or i forget the date, but soon) and he's sending troops to afghanistan for a completely different war, which there IS an exit strategy already planned out...although i hate war, i support this one more than iraq
  • Look, we all know that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction. The government told us that, just like the government told us that change is coming in 2008.

If Osama Bin Laden were killed, who would raise the terror color codes then? I mean we can't be at Yellow all the time! Sometimes we need that Orange and Red.

Taste the rainbow
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
  • first off...to the OP...i'm glad to hear other people think about this as i have given this subject much thought...I am not happy Ed has been silent since Obama has taken office...at the same time...as someone who spends a lot of time reading about the state of the world and the people who REALLY run it...the shit takes it's toll on you after awhile and you just need to step away for few to regain your sanity and strength...but you can only look away for so long if you truly have a passion for truth and freedom...i think Ed needs to come down from his fucking "happy place" when it comes to Obama....admit you put your faith in a douche bag....it's ok...i understand he wanted to have faith in all that change bullshit...but now it's time to come to the realization that you've been had.....it's time to get on that "soap box" like he did RELENTLESLY when Bush was in office...and much like you OP, i do note vote...because this system is so corrupt and fixed that it's meaningless and irrelevant...republicans and democrats...there are no differences between them...they are all whores!!! bought and paid for and working for the same people!

so...yeah...i have a problem with Ed's silence....and i'm really curious as to how long it will last....i know he is a patriot and eventually he will speak out...hopefully sooner than later.

some people call me cynical....but that's only because they are grossly uninformed (or misinformed)
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    OBAMA is a Politician RIGHT???.....Enough Said!!!