I'm a bad, bad person

keithcandylkeithcandyl Posts: 82
edited December 2009 in The Porch
I love Pearl Jam. Eddie and the gang mean the world to me. They are number 1 in my heart.

That's why I feel sooooo bad. I keep Pandora.com on at work all day. Lately they've been putting up songs from the new Creed album on my station. I really like it. There I said it. Yes, Scott Stapp is the biggest douche bag to ever walk the face of the earth, but their new album is awesome. I went to Best Buy today to buy it. I carried it half way up my coat sleeve so that know one else could see what I was doing. I'm sure security thought I was Ms. Sticky fingers and watched me all the way to the check out counter.

I just had to confess this horrible transgression. It's weighing on me heavily. I feel like I'm cheating on PJ and Eddie and everything that's good and right in this world and I'm very sorry. Yet I'm helpless to stop myself.
And if there's something you'd like to do. Oh, just let me continue to blame you.

EV Chi 1, 08/21/08
EV Memphis, 06/20/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Confession is good for the soul. Your penance shall be to start a Philly boot thread every day from now until April. Go in peace, my wayward child.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,438
    Say 3 Hail Marys, drink 5 Bloody Mary's and you'll forget you ever heard that album.

God bless you.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Like what you like, dude.
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • Like what you like, dude.

+1

If it's good it's good.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    If there's a hell, you'll probably be going to it.

Just Kidding...

Buy whatever music you want. Who gives a shit
    what other people think.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    DeLukin wrote:
    Confession is good for the soul. Your penance shall be to start a Philly boot thread every day from now until April. Go in peace, my wayward child.

:lol:

buddy_christ.jpg

Buddy christ compels you!
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    I admire your strength and your courage.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    So what. You like it, you like it. No one is going to care. At least you admit that Stapp is a dick. I bought a Nickelback album back in 2005. Sue me!
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I love Pearl Jam. Eddie and the gang mean the world to me. They are number 1 in my heart.

That's why I feel sooooo bad. I keep Pandora.com on at work all day. Lately they've been putting up songs from the new Creed album on my station. I really like it. There I said it. Yes, Scott Stapp is the biggest douche bag to ever walk the face of the earth, but their new album is awesome. I went to Best Buy today to buy it. I carried it half way up my coat sleeve so that know one else could see what I was doing. I'm sure security thought I was Ms. Sticky fingers and watched me all the way to the check out counter.

I just had to confess this horrible transgression. It's weighing on me heavily. I feel like I'm cheating on PJ and Eddie and everything that's good and right in this world and I'm very sorry. Yet I'm helpless to stop myself.

I just facebook unfriended you.
  • The Rock wrote:
    Say 3 Hail Marys, drink 5 Bloody Mary's and you'll forget you ever heard that album.

God bless you.

Say 3 Hail, Hails, drink 5 Crazy Mary's...

ok, yah, that was dumb.

I have Britney on my playlist at home. And that "Flood" song by that God group from the 90s whose name I can't remember at the moment. :)

Oh... and my wife was taking video of the kitty in the living room one night, and when watching it, you can clearly hear Mr. Big playing from my office in the next room.

Don't feel bad.

PS: God group from the 90s is Jars of Clay.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • I feel like I'm cheating on PJ and Eddie and everything that's good and right in this world and I'm very sorry.

Cheating on Eddie Vedder with Scott Stapp is like cheating on Halle Berry with Courtney Love
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    I'm looking through my ipod playlist and here are some of the potentially embarassing artists I listen to...

Coldplay (only one song)
    Damien Rice
    Katie Melua
    Lady GaGa
    Paramore
    Pink

So, don't feel too bad :)
  • I feel like I'm cheating on PJ and Eddie and everything that's good and right in this world and I'm very sorry.

Cheating on Eddie Vedder with Scott Stapp is like cheating on Halle Berry with Courtney Love

I know, I know. I'm a tramp. Tiger Woods has my number in his cell phone. I feel terrible but what can I do?
    And if there's something you'd like to do. Oh, just let me continue to blame you.

EV Chi 1, 08/21/08
    EV Memphis, 06/20/09
    The Rock wrote:
    I'm looking through my ipod playlist and here are some of the potentially embarassing artists I listen to...

Coldplay (only one song)
    Damien Rice
    Katie Melua
    Lady GaGa
    Paramore
    Pink

you have cohones to admit this, my friend.
  • The Rock wrote:

Coldplay (only one song)
    Damien Rice
    Katie Melua
    Lady GaGa
    Paramore
    Pink

Ha ha, I have Pink and Lady Gaga all over my ipod. Just for the gym, but still. There they are.
    And I love Damien Rice!
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • I actually bought the Bodyguard soundtrack. For my own listening benefit. I'm a sick person
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16

I know, I know. I'm a tramp. Tiger Woods has my number in his cell phone. I feel terrible but what can I do?

Fuck it. Even though it kills me to admit it, there was a song on Creed's first album called Sister that I sort of liked. Alright fine I may have even looked up the tabs for it. BUT IT WAS ONLY ONE TIME AND I WAS JUST A KID FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!!!!!!!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    The Rock wrote:

Coldplay (only one song)
    Damien Rice
    Katie Melua
    Lady GaGa
    Paramore
    Pink

Check this out - I saw Damien Rice and Katie Melua live last year, and in June I'm going to see Pink!
    pink? PINK?? i can't handle anymore...please....stop haha
    The Rock wrote:
    The Rock wrote:

Coldplay (only one song)
    Damien Rice
    Katie Melua
    Lady GaGa
    Paramore
    Pink

Check this out - I saw Damien Rice and Katie Melua live last year, and in June I'm going to see Pink!

Does Damien Rice play in the NFL, too? Swore I heard that name before on the field. :|
    I don't care what anyone says, Pink is f'n cool. She's got a great set of pipes, especially live.

I'm watching her latest DVD as we speak.:)
    Okay, I have something to get off my chest- I bought Creed's first CD before it was sac-relige to like them. There, I said it.
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    CREED??? Get off of the porch, NOW.
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Gmoney wrote:
    CREED??? Get off of the porch, NOW.

But I don't want to like Creed. I really really don't. I'm sick about it. I want to be a better person... I want to deserve to be on the porch.

EV Chi 1, 08/21/08
    EV Memphis, 06/20/09
  • noooooooooooooo
    I miss you alreddie.
    I gotta confess, too! I have the film Titan AE on DVD I bought many year's back that includes Creed's Higher on the soundtrack! My place was to be "Creed Free" but I failed. :(
  • I love Pearl Jam. Eddie and the gang mean the world to me. They are number 1 in my heart.

Scott Stapp thanks you very much for making this confession and posting it on a Pearl Jam forum.
    Scott.jpg
    This makes Scott very happy
  • Okay, I have something to get off my chest- I bought Creed's first CD before it was sac-relige to like them. There, I said it.

Thank you for sharing.

EV Chi 1, 08/21/08
    EV Memphis, 06/20/09
  • I love Pearl Jam. Eddie and the gang mean the world to me. They are number 1 in my heart.

what a great username you have!
    i like it. i am married to a 'keith'....keithcandy. :mrgreen:

and, maybe it's a 'keith' thing - my husband has always liked creed and is not embarassed about it either. :mrgreen: i like a few of their songs tho i am not a big fan, i never understood the creed bashing/hate. who cares?

oh i see now, i read your name wrong. keithcandyl. i like my original take.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• [/quote]

what a great username you have!
    i like it. i am married to a 'keith'....keithcandy. :mrgreen:

and, maybe it's a 'keith' thing - my husband has always liked creed and is not embarassed about it either. :mrgreen: i like a few of their songs tho i am not a big fan, i never understood the creed bashing/hate. who cares?

oh i see now, i read your name wrong. keithcandyl. i like my original take.[/quote]

Yes, I'm a Candy L. married to a Keith, hopelessly in love with an Eddie but just can't get over that stupid Scott. I'm messed up.

EV Chi 1, 08/21/08
    EV Memphis, 06/20/09