$200 for a pair of tickets??

JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
edited December 2009 in The Porch
OUCH!!
That is ridiculous.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• When you consider the exchange rate it works at about £100 which is about right after fees ect...
  • veddermanvedderman Posts: 801
    edited December 2009
    dollar is getting weaker and weaker, compared to Berlin in august it's like $7 more expensive for a pair of tickets
    Post edited by vedderman on
    2000 Ljubljana
    2006 Vienna, Zagreb
    2007 Munich
    2009 Berlin
    2010 Dublin, Belfast, Berlin, Venice
    2011 Montreal, Toronto 1&2
    2012 Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2, EV Manchester
    2013 Worcester 1&2, Brooklyn 1&2
    2014 Amsterdam 1&2, Manchester 1&2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2017 EV Firenze, Taormina 1&2
    2018 Amsterdam 1&2, Padova, Prague, Krakow, Berlin
    2019 EV Firenze
  • $200 to see the best live band on the planet......

Is still a fucking bargain...........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Yep THAT'S about RIGHT!!! :)
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    $200 to see the best live band on the planet......

It's not a bargain. Not during a RECESSION!!
  • InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    200$ That is mother fucken bullshit!
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    $200 is equal to E136.10 for 2 tix.

which is E68.05 each which is about right as dublin advertised on posters as E60 plus charges.
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
  • When you consider the exchange rate it works at about £100 which is about right after fees ect...

exactly.
    the dollar is WEAK.

Jeanwah wrote:

It's not a bargain. Not during a RECESSION!!

are you for real?
    these are for EUROPEAN shows. thus, the exchange rate factor.
    if an american is spending the $$$ to fly over, stay over and see some shows...i don't think the price of the tickets is an issue. seems like europeans agree these prices are spot on.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

are you for real?

There's no need to be rude here, D2D. :roll:
    You can have your opinion, and the rest of us can have ours. :D
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    at the basic exchange rate (and most banks charge more), the pair for London is £117.2
    I can get them on ticketmaster right now for £111.75, delivered and able to resell them if I can't make it.
    so 10c is more expensive than ticketbastards!

in Europe, 10c is ALWAYS more expensive than buying them direct.. in some places (southern europe) it's been as much as 30% :shock: (Barcelona in 06).
  • So don't go.
  • Well, as the band obiviously ISN'T coming to Finland on THIS TOUR either. My personal choice is then up to buying tickets for a mainland Euorpean show (thats about 130e) and then buy plane tickets for some 70e extra.

WTF? We need the band to come over here, where it's cold, and dark, and mellow. Come on! :mrgreen:
    Arnhem '06 / Nijmegen '07 / Hartford '08 / Hyde Park '10

Demanding Pearl Jam to Finland: http://eventful.com/demand/D0-001-000849519-7
  • Well, as the band obiviously ISN'T coming to Finland on THIS TOUR either

Or Sweden :/
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JaymacJaymac Posts: 513
    The dollar is stronger than it was in 2006, yet the price of the Dublin tickets is $50 more... It's a LOT of money, especially in the middle of a recession.
    23/08/2006 - Dublin; 29/08/2006 - Arnhem; 30/08/2006 - Antwerp; 18/06/2007 - London; 18/08/2009 - London<br>

Proud member of the European Touring Bus 2006!
  • Jeanwah wrote:

are you for real?

that was rude?
    obviously, you don't read much here. ;)
    seriously...i was being genuine, in that it's about exchange rates and thus not 'crazy'...tho as pegasus has pointed out, 10c tix are more $$$ in general, and that i don't really understand.

and certainly, we are all entitled to our opinions....never stated otherwise, tho you seem to suggest your opinion is 'more right'.... :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    no one is forcing you to buy them

the bitching in this place is comical

if they don't tour people bitch

if they tour people bitch

good times!
  • Lambchops wrote:

good times!

i'm all for expressing opinions and airing beefs, etc.
    however, what i find 'comical' is that of the 2 threads about euro shows i've seen, either commenting about prices or how/when shows were announced and then put on sale...both started by americans, one of whom i am certain has no intetion of going, dunno about the other. and hey, i do get it....but i just find it funny that at the very least it's not europeans starting the threads on these topics. no idea wtf it may mean... :lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Lambchops wrote:

good times!

however, what i find 'comical' is that of the 2 threads about euro shows i've seen, either commenting about prices or how/when shows were announced and then put on sale...both started by americans, one of whom i am certain has no intetion of going, dunno about the other. and hey, i do get it....but i just find it funny that at the very least it's not europeans starting the threads on these topics. no idea wtf it may mean... :lol:

Some people just don't understand economics dream - wouldn't worry about it :D
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225

I spent a lot more than that. My Australian tour cost me around 3 grand, best money I ever spent. I do not regret a cent of it! :):):)

Ahem, bringing up an issue that effects all shows lately (not just the European Tour) in that ticket pricing is quite high, and only getting higher every time there's another leg of the tour, is relevant.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,273
    I have no problem with ticket prices at all for this band ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    me neither, not yet anyway
  • i paid $296 for 2 tickets in perth through 10c
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,562
    whats comical is that the "sheep" here defend these ridiculous ticket prices. you people complain about u2's prices yet if i wanted to, i could buy a u2 ticket for $30. if i just wanted to be in the place for a pj show and sit in the nosebleeds i still have to pay nearly $100 a seat.
  • danleridanleri Posts: 497
    Ireland is expensive. I paid in the past 50 or more euro to see Radiohead for instance... PJ is 60 euro this time so I don't see the big deal... but I do understand the surprise of many of you guys living in other countries. It's just Ireland... and I don't even want to tell you how much I paid for Tom Waits or Leonard Cohen or even Neil Young... god I could've bought a very good second hand car with all that money :o
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I'd pay it.. problem is, none of my friends would pay it.. its coming down to me having to just pay for their ticket if I want them to go with me. I'd also limit myself to one or two shows a tour.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,710
    This band has always been priced below market compared to other major acts.
    Some people bitch because they can't get a $20 ticket like they could in 1994.
    You can't please everyone, but accusing PJ of being greedy with ticket prices is silly if people look at tix prices for a lot of other bands.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

damn straight!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

look, it's a rock concert, not food or shelter...this is not a requirement in your life, it's a luxury
  • Jeanwah wrote:

are you for real?

oh shit..........girl fight!!!!!!!
    ;):mrgreen:girl_fight_06_vacation.jpg
  • gndcd402 wrote:
    whats comical is that the "sheep" here defend these ridiculous ticket prices. you people complain about u2's prices yet if i wanted to, i could buy a u2 ticket for $30. if i just wanted to be in the place for a pj show and sit in the nosebleeds i still have to pay nearly $100 a seat.

bbbbbbaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    :lol:

seriously.
    comical.
    i'm no 'sheep' and i am not 'defending' anything. and i don't complain about U2, i honestly couldn't care less there. i personally understand the pricing overall, i don't think overpriced. you disagree as do some others, cool.

i just think it's kinda funny that many of the bitching threads around the euroshows are started by americans who i think have no intention of going. that is all. bitch away! :mrgreen:

and norm, exactly.
    yes, there's a recession going on i am sure the band is aware. however, i personally don't think they need to alter their prices b/c of that. others may disagree there. fair enough.

crazy breed.....in your dreams. :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...