2013 New Year's Resolution

Comments

• justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Those look good ms. haiku. :)

I'm thinking about health too but also about changing some routines that use up too much time. The older I get the more I feel like time is passing faster and faster (!) so I need to use it more effectively. :geek:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    dcfaithful wrote:

I've already jumped right in and have been riding the bus to and from work everyday, in spite of the cold ass weather.

That sounds good too. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,410
    i've given up Diet Coke and all sodas. it's a lot tougher than i thought it would be, but i've already noticed the difference in how i feel.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    i've given up Diet Coke and all sodas. it's a lot tougher than i thought it would be, but i've already noticed the difference in how i feel.

That is tough....I used to drink 4 or 5 regular cokes a day...a few years ago I cut back and now drink no more than 2 a day, I don't think I could give it up for good

I think giving up drinking coke would be harder for me than it was to quit smoking! :shock:
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    unthought wrote:
    To exercise more to loose this fat ass :D

me too!

also:
    1. get my business up and running by end of february
    2. take singing lessons...personal development...that and so that I no longer cause permanent hearing loss to small creatures! :lol::lol::lol:
  • peacegirl wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

That is tough....I used to drink 4 or 5 regular cokes a day...a few years ago I cut back and now drink no more than 2 a day, I don't think I could give it up for good

I think giving up drinking coke would be harder for me than it was to quit smoking! :shock:
    I gave up coke last year at this time. It was VERY hard. Without any change in diet or exercise, I lost 10 pounds almost immediately. I'll never drink one again.

This year my goal for 2010 is to forgive my brother.
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    I stuck to one 2009 resolution: destash yarn. I didn't buy any new yarn for new projects, and I didn't buy any new canvases for needlepoint projects. I knitted 9 Christmas presents, and one baby blanket with yarn I obtained in 2005, 2007 and 2008. All my knitting yarn is used up!

I also completed 3 needlepoint projects. This was a great year for destashing the yarn projects! Also, whereas I used to be more of an impulse yarn shopper I don't have that impulse anymore. Pretty cool! :)
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    I stuck to one 2009 resolution: destash yarn. I didn't buy any new yarn for new projects, and I didn't buy any new canvases for needlepoint projects. I knitted 9 Christmas presents, and one baby blanket with yarn I obtained in 2005, 2007 and 2008. All my knitting yarn is used up!

I also completed 3 needlepoint projects. This was a great year for destashing the yarn projects! Also, whereas I used to be more of an impulse yarn shopper I don't have that impulse anymore. Pretty cool! :)

Finishing old projects is very satisfying isn't it?! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    justam wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

I've already jumped right in and have been riding the bus to and from work everyday, in spite of the cold ass weather.

That sounds good too. :)

Being the environment advocate that I am, I really wanted to reduce my carbon footprint. Last year I began recycling virtually anything possible, and now do everything I can to avoid driving my car...feels good to actually act on something you believe in. 8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:

Being the environment advocate that I am, I really wanted to reduce my carbon footprint. Last year I began recycling virtually anything possible, and now do everything I can to avoid driving my car...feels good to actually act on something you believe in. 8-)
    :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Read More.
    Lose 30 lbs.
    Golf more.
    NERDS!
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    New Year's Resolution #1, get to my goal weight. Getting very, very, very close :)

#2, have the time of my life!
  • gearboygearboy Posts: 349
    I just realized today that I will probably still be alive in 2050- I'd be 75

so my new years resolution is to right down what I hope to accomplish in the upcoming decade and to this every ten years. I think of who I was 10 years ago and wonder what I would of said back then

i guess it's like a new decade resolution
    IT'S NO CRIME TO ESCAPE!!!!!!!!!
    03/22/94, 01/14/95, 09/24/96, 08/25/98, 08/26/98, 08/31/98, 09/01/98, 09/22/98, 09/23/98, 08/09/00, 08/10/00, 08/12/00, 08/20/00, 08/21/00, 04/11/03, 04/13/03, 07/08/03, 07/09/03, 09/28/04, 09/29/04, 10/06/04, 10/08/04, 09/28/05, 05/20/06, 05/03/10, 05/04/10, 05/10/10
  • Exercise more
    Go to more gigs
    Study harder
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    how are we doing on these? :oops:
  • Still not smoking. :D
  • mfc2006 wrote:

Good for you MFC!

I liken soda consumption to cigarette smoking:

Smoking is inhaling foul-smelling, foul-tasting smoke. A person who has never smoked cannot understand why smokers enjoy the habit, yet smokers think of it as perfectly normal.

Drinking carbonated soda begins with putting an acidic liquid in the mouth, causing a bizarre burning sensation on the tongue. The carbonation causes near-constant burping to come up from the stomach. A person never exposed to carbonated beverages would probably find the concept disgusting.

In my past, I have used both drugs. I was definitely more addicted to soda than to cigarettes. 'Diet' soda contains deadly, addictive aspartame. 'Regular' soda contains deadly, addictive high fructose corn syrup (often laced with mercury, yum!) Cigarettes contain tens or scores or hundreds of deadly, addictive chemicals.

In my opinion, soda and cigarettes are both unfit for human use.
    "May you live in interesting times."
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    So......the end of the year is getting closer eek, just wondering how we have all gone with the NYRs we made.

Well mine were:

1. Lose some weight............have lost 10kg!!!!!! Still have about 15kg to go to my unltimate healthy weight goal.

2. get my business up and running by february....well it was late feb by the time I got all my govt certification etc through ...so yes to another.

3. take singing lessons.........so far NOPE. But there is still time.

I'd say 2/3 isn't bad.

So how about you????
  • I just thought of new years resolution....

1920 × 1200

My LCD screen is looking good.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Davidtrios wrote:

didnt make one so im doing real good. :thumbup: 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Davidtrios wrote:

Same here! :D
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Davidtrios wrote:

Same here! :D

Don't mess with perfection...
  • 1. Never ever ever drink pure red Bols - check!
    2. Only dance while drunk - holy hell check!
    3. Smile at least three times a day - check!

Three for three as it's been the past 13 or so years.
    Have fun, walk hard and stay alive.
  • 1 Quit smoking
    2 move out of where I'm living currently
    3 get another dog

3 simple things that will make my new year better..
    As for resolutions made last year it was simply to survive the year.. so yeah I made that one.
    Completely stop biting my nails. :?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    justam wrote:
    piano players have longer than trimmed nails?
    why are you so nervous anyway?

i know the answer... to much coffee. like the folks in that one thread
    yes/no?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    justam wrote:

yes/no?

As to why I'm nervous? I don't know, I've always had this bit of excess nervous energy. When I was a kid, I used to bounce around a lot too. That's actually why my grandmother suggested piano lessons in the first place. :?

When I try not to bite my fingers I really notice it. :oops: Other people might smoke to change the habit but I'm more concerned about my health so I won't.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    justam wrote:

yes/no?

As to why I'm nervous? I don't know, I've always had this bit of excess nervous energy. When I was a kid, I used to bounce around a lot too. That's actually why my grandmother suggested piano lessons in the first place. :?

When I try not to bite my fingers I really notice it. :oops: Other people might smoke to change the habit but I'm more concerned about my health so I won't.
    yeah smoking is a goofy way to stop biting nails
    i will not have "quitting cigarettes on my new year's resolution list"

i havent smoked in quite some time
    biting nails? i dont do that either

i do smoke to much emerald colored stuff
    but i havent in a few days
    i rock for slowing down :lol:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    I only said that about cigarettes because my grandfather told me when I was a young person that he had bitten his nails until he took up smoking.

And considering it made him die early, I don't think it was worth it. :|
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam wrote:
    I only said that about cigarettes because my grandfather told me when I was a young person that he had bitten his nails until he took up smoking.

And considering it made him die early, I don't think it was worth it. :|
    um... no it wasnt worth it
    a belly or floor full or finger nail bits is better than no heart beat

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce