Pearl jam Glastonbury?

why gowhy go Posts: 16
edited December 2009 in The Porch
With pearl jam playing festivals does this mean they are playing glastonbury. They have a date to be confirmed for 27th june sunday a, and over the years bands have played hard rock calling and glastonbury together? :roll:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• isnt U2 playing this year? there is no way they dont headline the last night.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,484
    PJ aren't a big enough global band to headloine Glastonbury's 40th anniversary year. My bet would be U2 to close the weekend with PJ in the Special Guest slot...
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    goldrush wrote:
    PJ aren't a big enough global band to headloine Glastonbury's 40th anniversary year. My bet would be U2 to close the weekend with PJ in the Special Guest slot...

give over

they have mass appeal

u2 will play Saturday IMO

Pj will not play second fiddle at glasto. Why the fuck would they?

There's plenty of other drivel like keane franz Ferdinand kaiser chiefs who were made for that!!!!
  • Im pretty sure U2 were already announced to headline the friday night.
    2003: Melbourne 1
    2006: Verona, Vienna, Zagreb, Melbourne 1-2-3, Adelaide 1-2
    2009: Melbourne
    2010: Belfast
    2012: Werchter
    2014: Melbourne, Adelaide, EV Melb 1-2
  • Pearl Jam has no less of a global presence than Blur, which played the Sunday this year at Glasto. Their politics would make them an ideal choice to play the farm.

Also, stop arguing about U2's date. It was announced they will play Friday.
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    Yes, U2 is announced to play Friday.

Usually the biggest band will the Saturday night slot, not the Sunday (this year, supposedly the Rolling Stones).

Pearl Jam is the perfectly capable of playing the Sunday night slow - they're incredibly popular in England, have never played, and fit right along side the other bands speculated and confirmed.

Rumours are that it's Muse, but those are just rumours. It makes perfect sense for them to play Glastonbury next year - they've never played and you never know when Pearl Jam will be in Europe to play the biggest festival in the world again.

If anything, the least big band will play the last night (Sunday) - Blur last year, so this just makes it even more likely.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,484
    I was just voicing an opinion. Seeing as nobody on here has any facts about Glastonbury, or if they're even going to be playing there, isn't that what everybody is doing? It's all just guesswork.

And as for U2, again it was just a guess. I didn't know they were confirmed for the Friday because I don't give a crap about anything they do so I don't pay attention to them. Just because PJ are my favourite band it doesn't mean that I automatically think they are the biggest band in the world or that they would be chosen to headline a massive festival like Glastonbury.

Personally I feel that Glastonbury is overrated anyway so I'd be happy if PJ weren't playing there. Again, just an opinion.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,270
    I'd love to see PJ at Glastonbury, but I very much doubt it's going to happen this year. The headliners are U2 on the Friday with very strong rumours of The Strolling Bones (Saturday( and Muse (Sunday) being the others. Far too much hassle to play Glasto on the Saturday and rush to get their gear onto the night ferry to Holland. Maybe on their European Summer Tour in 2011!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • u2 are playin the friday, maybe pj will play before rolling stones on the sunday
  • what a shame they are not playing it! would have been amazing
    28/10/96--29/10/96--29/5/00--30/5/00--3/6/00--4/6/00--6/6/00--25/8/06--27/8/06--13/6/07--18/6/07--11/8/09--13/8/09--15/8/09--17/8/09--18/8/09
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    goldrush wrote:

give over

they have mass appeal

u2 will play Saturday IMO

Pj will not play second fiddle at glasto. Why the fuck would they?

There's plenty of other drivel like keane franz Ferdinand kaiser chiefs who were made for that!!!!
    It doesnt look like PJ are playing but it wouldnt be the first time they have played under U2&The Stones