Are all Pearl Jam concerts like this?

2»

Comments

• Corso wrote:
    mhcoroado wrote:
    Is this show at an outdoor football stadium? Magnificent!

Those fans are quite magnificent!
  • faulkner wrote:
    I was in that Philly #2 audience. This is a better recording that does that moment more justice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2DsEoTynZ8&feature=related

I've been to a few Betterman sing-a-longs before, but I've never heard ANYTHING like that. I hope when the boots come out it captures this magic...it was chilling and I get goose-bumps everytime I hear it. I've never heard an audience sing-a-long that was as loud, as synchronized, and as impassioned...each word from the audience was clear and on the mark. On the video, it looks like Eddie was even tearing up a bit. The best part was the audience didn't stop.

It's usually like this with regard to the not-stopping, however. People are singing all the words to "Push Me Pull Me", "Leash", heck even "Lukin". It's really something when you're at shows talking to fans around you (Pearl Jam fans are the highest quality people in the world, so down-to-earth, friendly, and modest), and you'll hear "I hope they play Breath, that's my favorite song" and you'll say "Holy Sh%#! Me too!" Or they start playing "Force of Nature" and you say "Alright! I freakin' love this song" and someone will say "Yeah man, this is a beautiful song".

Honestly, fans at other rock concerts can be simply lame in comparsion. The best part is it's all about the music, plain and simple.

Hey, thanx for posting this link! I am an aussie, went to the Brissy show this year and didn't get a Betterman sing-a-long so bloody enjoyed living vicariously through your link!! It gave me goosebumps, which might be a pavlovian resposne from listening to the Brissy 06 bootleg where I did get my sing-a-long, it still gives me goosebumps every time I hear, three years on and no signs of becoming immune to listening to the crowd sing to Eddie and the band!!!

I'm listening to the '06 Brisbane shows right now a la pearljambootlegs.org. Love the set lists! I looked at the '09 set list and my favorite part is that they played ACDC's "If You Want Blood (You've Got It)" followed by "Blood". I love when they do stuff like that!
  • No, indoor at Pavilhão Atlântico!
    Corso wrote:
    mhcoroado wrote:
    Is this show at an outdoor football stadium? Magnificent!
    like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Tangerine wrote:

Indeed, some of them are like this. Religious experience, indeed; my friends think I'm crazy, but that's because they've missed out.

I sang (sang??) my fool head off to "Push Me Pull Me" in Philly, and I'm sure people were doing something along with "Bugs," too.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.