This is what will happen with the Philly boots...

goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,484
edited January 2010 in The Porch
Listen up people, this is exactly how the Philly bootlegs release is going to go down. I promise that if you follow these simple steps you will get through this...

1. People will continue to bitch and moan every day until a release date is announced

2. The boots will go on sale - CD/DVD/blu-ray/box set, who cares as long as they get released?!? - then 5 seconds later the site will crash beause everybody just has to get their order in before everybody else on the very second they go on sale. Cue more bitching followed by everyone posting a copy of their confirmation email a few minutes later

3. People will then bitch EVERY SINGLE DAY about how long it's taking for the boots to be delivered until they finally arrive

4. European fans will then spend another couple of weeks waiting (and bitching about the wait)

5. Dimitris will carry on trying to comfort and reassure people but it's a losing battle my friend!

6. UK fans will then get stung for a ridiculous import charge (if 2x London boots incured an £11 charge, how much extra will we have to pay for a box set?!?)

7. When everybody has, eventually, received their Philly goodness (probably in January) we can all then carry on with our normal daily lives... In other words, we can get back to the really important stuff like spreading rumours of a 2010 tour/Soundgarden reunion/pics where Boom's dad looks hot etc

Please note that this is not in any way intended to be a negative post (I will almost certainly be following steps 3, 4, 6 and 7 myself!) I just wanted to help you guys plan out the next few weeks of your lives

:D peace :D
“Do not postpone happiness”
(Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
(Tim Rogers)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• this made me laugh
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • theserialthrillatheserialthrilla Posts: 15,760
    edited December 2009
  • this made me laugh

Because its true?
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    edited December 2009
    The best post ever!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • goldrush wrote:
    Please note that this is not in any way intended to be a negative post (I will almost certainly be following steps 3, 4, 6 and 7 myself!) I just wanted to help you guys plan out the next few weeks of your lives

see u on the 3,4,6,7 steps :lol::lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,484
    goldrush wrote:

see u on the 3,4,6,7 steps :lol::lol:
    you got it! :D

(Tim Rogers)
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    OH ... So true ! :mrgreen:
  • Well...there ya go. :lol::lol::lol:
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    :lol::lol::lol:

We really are that predictable! LMAO!
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • This is the BEST!!! You hit it on the head! :D
  • NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668

This seems to speak from a verrrrry long experience here on the board..... :P
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
    now watch this post get blocked.. ;)
    There's no reason to block it. Just some friendly Saturday night sarcasm while we wait for the boots! :)

(Tim Rogers)
  • StacyStacy Posts: 128
    LOL LOL LOL !!!!!!!
    STACY *6Burgh* Go Steelers!!
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    :lol::lol::lol::lol: :thumbup: :clap:
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • goldrush wrote:
    now watch this post get blocked.. ;)
    There's no reason to block it. Just some friendly Saturday night sarcasm while we wait for the boots! :)
    LMFAO....Exactly,we are here in the forum for be happy and have fun,not to get angry or sad :D
  • LOL!!! :lol:

It's so true.... except for the last step, that will also include bitching about how the bootlegs don't sound as good as the 2000 boots, or the 2003, or the 2006, or even the 2008, depending on the person :D

Now, back to waiting... :twisted:
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • LOL!!! :lol:

It's so true.... except for the last step, that will also include bitching about how the bootlegs don't sound as good as the 2000 boots, or the 2003, or the 2006, or even the 2008, depending on the person :D

Now, back to waiting... :twisted:
    haha at this point i dont care how the quality is i just want my philly bootlegs now!! lol
  • craigbcraigb Posts: 806
    "Speak clearly if you speak at all; carve every word before you let it fall"

Los Angeles 10.7.2009
  • AMEN.

ain't that the truth.. ALL of it..

what a wonderful post. spot on.

:lol:
  • Love it! :lol:
    If I knew then, would I know now?

* Perth Entertainment Centre - Mar 06, 1995
    * Melbourne Park - Mar 02, 1998
    * Brisbane QSAC- Nov 25, 2009
    * EV Solo- QPAC- March 10, 12 and 13 2011

• youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    You forgot the most important step:

The constant threads of people bitching about the people bitching about the Philly boots and how long it takes to get them.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • once again.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    You forgot the most important step:

The constant threads of people bitching about the people bitching about the Philly boots and how long it takes to get them.
    Damn, I knew I'd missed a bit! (I was probably too busy bitching about somethng else!)
    Thanks for filling in the gaps :D

(Tim Rogers)
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    goldrush wrote:
    Listen up people, this is exactly how the Philly bootlegs release is going to go down. I promise that if you follow these simple steps you will get through this...

1. People will continue to bitch and moan every day until a release date is announced

2. The boots will go on sale - CD/DVD/blu-ray/box set, who cares as long as they get released?!? - then 5 seconds later the site will crash beause everybody just has to get their order in before everybody else on the very second they go on sale. Cue more bitching followed by everyone posting a copy of their confirmation email a few minutes later

3. People will then bitch EVERY SINGLE DAY about how long it's taking for the boots to be delivered until they finally arrive

4. European fans will then spend another couple of weeks waiting (and bitching about the wait)

5. Dimitris will carry on trying to comfort and reassure people but it's a losing battle my friend!

6. UK fans will then get stung for a ridiculous import charge (if 2x London boots incured an £11 charge, how much extra will we have to pay for a box set?!?)

7. When everybody has, eventually, received their Philly goodness (probably in January) we can all then carry on with our normal daily lives... In other words, we can get back to the really important stuff like spreading rumours of a 2010 tour/Soundgarden reunion/pics where Boom's dad looks hot etc

nicely done. nicely done. :clap::clap:
    www.myspace.com
  • http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=529498

i dont see why the fuss

right click

save file

i can wait
  • brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    goldrush wrote:

:lol: classic. come on, we love you d
    goldrush wrote:
    Ok, so now that they have decided to come to Europe I guess we'll need to change point 7...

How about the mysterious Backspacer EP instead then? That's always good for some rumours... :D

(Tim Rogers)
  • bump..its about time i guess :lol::lol: