T-shirt idea?

Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,838
edited December 2009 in The Porch
I just had an idea for a t-shirt...

Plain color (such as white, blue, black, whatever) with text of "Take my hand, not my picture."

How subtly awesome would that be?
Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,118
    I like it although a hand (reaching out or something) as the picture on the front of the shirt would be to my fancy a bit more.

of course you are opening up that can of worms where those who dont think the lyrics say "picture" are going to flame you but I am with ya!
  • I have seen a website where it said something about "tincture" but I was unaware of the can of worms.

Still, we could be on to something with "lyrical" t-shirts. Maybe a "thoughts arrive like butterflies" with a picture of butterflies.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    I always thought some I Love PJ shirts, like I Love NY shirts, but with Pearl Jam images instead of a heart would be cool:
    ...maybe black with I *skull logo* PJ, or blue with I *Avocado* PJ, or black with I *Stickman* PJ, etc
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • How About A T-shirt with the picture of a Record, and the words VIVA LA VINYL....that would be cool :D
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • I have seen a website where it said something about "tincture" but I was unaware of the can of worms.

Still, we could be on to something with "lyrical" t-shirts. Maybe a "thoughts arrive like butterflies" with a picture of butterflies.

the tincture line is the next one

"spilled my tincture "

I love the idea of this shirt. since people think the line is "take my hand, not my t-shirt"
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,118
    take my hand, not my picture, spilled on t-shirts...

that's how i always interpreted it with the song's theme..
  • How About A T-shirt with the picture of a Record, and the words VIVA LA VINYL....that would be cool :D

But what image would they use? The 10 basketball vinyl?

I saw one of these years ago and always wanted one. Thought about getting a few of these artworked and screen-printed? Anyone know the position on copyright etc, would there be any issues? Obviously wouldn't want to make any money out of them, but if enough people were interested I would be prepared to look into getting some made in the new year.
  • Fender_Man wrote:
    How About A T-shirt with the picture of a Record, and the words VIVA LA VINYL....that would be cool :D

I saw one of these years ago and always wanted one. Thought about getting a few of these artworked and screen-printed? Anyone know the position on copyright etc, would there be any issues? Obviously wouldn't want to make any money out of them, but if enough people were interested I would be prepared to look into getting some made in the new year.

Really? So someone already came out with that shirt? that sucks, oh well, i'll think of another idea.

But what image would they use? The 10 basketball vinyl?

just a regular picture of a record
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    takemyhand1.jpg

takemyhandb.jpg

:shock:
  • how about a t-shirt witha double sided horse ( a horse with a head on both ends) and the words "PUSH ME, PULL ME" :lol:
  • Front : Profile Picture --->

Back:

See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop, drop, dropping it down...oh, so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • I like the ideas, what about a shirt that has a picture of a mop and says "My spanking...that's the only thing I want so much"
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    while hanging out before the L.A. 3 show my girlfriend pointed out someone wearing a Ramones shirt to me because i had on my Ramones shirt. I thought "so what" but she then pointed out to me that it was a PJ shirt in the style of the Ramones presidential seal shirt with the PJ guys names around it. it was bad ass and I've been looking for one sense, and can't find it. :evil:
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • i'd love it if they put the white Build To Last shirt back up. i wanted one bad, but was good and was going to wait for after the holidays to order. now i can't find them anywhere in the goods section.
    "No time to be void and save up on life, you gotta spend it all"
  • I like the ideas, what about a shirt that has a picture of a mop and says "My spanking...that's the only thing I want so much"

i'm really not much of a tshirt kinda person, but i love this. :mrgreen:
    hysterical!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Posts: 822
    the wolf wrote:
    while hanging out before the L.A. 3 show my girlfriend pointed out someone wearing a Ramones shirt to me because i had on my Ramones shirt. I thought "so what" but she then pointed out to me that it was a PJ shirt in the style of the Ramones presidential seal shirt with the PJ guys names around it. it was bad ass and I've been looking for one sense, and can't find it. :evil:

those r sold by the wishlist foundation at the preparties before the
    concerts. I got mine before seattle 2 show. They are badass.
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    LOV2ROCK wrote:
    the wolf wrote:

those r sold by the wishlist foundation at the preparties before the
    concerts. I got mine before seattle 2 show. They are badass.

do they sell them at all the preparties ? is this something I would be able to get next time around ?

Damn vacation got in the way of the preparties in Cali this year. ;) had to humor the GF and do the tourist thing while we were there. :lol:

thanks for the heads up though.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel

like a picture of a head with butterflies in the skull.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014