2010 world cup

Comments

• damn this.. @#$#%# Slovenia.. and France too..

Will probably support Holland and Argentina
    Greece.. :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • damn this.. @#$#%# Slovenia.. and France too..

Will probably support Holland and Argentina
    Greece.. :lol:

not many chances I think.. on the Euro08 your team perfomed poor.. seems like 2004' tactics aint working no more)
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    Greece's players were at their career peaks that year too. They had the legs and talent to win with that style of play....it's not easy to defend for 90 minutes, you need to be super fit, (makes it even more surprising that they won by playing like that). I don't think they'll even be close to playing that well again..

....although....you never know. weren't they the team with the worst odds for winning Euro2004? I still can't believe they won that tournament. Mental.
  • JordyWordy wrote:
    Greece's players were at their career peaks that year too. They had the legs and talent to win with that style of play....it's not easy to defend for 90 minutes, you need to be super fit, (makes it even more surprising that they won by playing like that). I don't think they'll even be close to playing that well again..

....although....you never know. weren't they the team with the worst odds for winning Euro2004? I still can't believe they won that tournament. Mental.

yeah, that was totally unbelievable.. seems to me they were 15 of 16 teams (Latvia was 16)).. and we were the only side that beat them on tournament :lol:
  • JordyWordy wrote:

yeah, that was totally unbelievable.. seems to me they were 15 of 16 teams (Latvia was 16)).. and we were the only side that beat them on tournament :lol:
    :roll:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JordyWordy wrote:

atleast we dont cheat like France with Henry!!! :evil:
  • JordyWordy wrote:
    Just saw the group France got, and i feel sick again. UGH.

We could've gotten through that group easily!! FUCK!!
    I hope France choke like they did in Euro 08 !
    :wave:
    JordyWordy wrote:

atleast we dont cheat like France with Henry!!! :evil:

It wasnt a criticism! It was such a rare thing for a team to perform so surprisingly well. I wish it would happen more at tournaments.
    IGotShit76 wrote:
    JordyWordy wrote:

All other 31 countries will be hoping France get knocked out in Round 1. :twisted:

And they will :lol:
  • JordyWordy wrote:
    IGotShit76 wrote:
    JordyWordy wrote:

All other 31 countries will be hoping France get knocked out in Round 1. :twisted:

And they will :lol:

;)
    We have good players but no team so I don't expect much.
    But in 2006 I didn't expect much as well and they went into final.
  • IGotShit76 wrote:
    ;)
    We have good players but no team so I don't expect much.
    But in 2006 I didn't expect much as well and they went into final.
    one word..ZIZOU!!!!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    Less than 5 Months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Less than 5 Months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    for pearl jam Europe tour!!!!!!!!!say yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Some drama on the English side, wonder if it will have any impact on the team.
  • CorsoCorso Posts: 201
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    it may have an impact. when they both where at real madrid he would not play him and it had an impact. if i remember correctly. did he not get let go because he did not play him?
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Getting Closer Now!...I can Hardly wait...:D
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Corso wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    it may have an impact. when they both where at real madrid he would not play him and it had an impact. if i remember correctly. did he not get let go because he did not play him?
    Are you talking about Cappello/Beckham? Don't think that is a problem now.

I thought Cliffy was talking about Terry/Bridge. I think Cappello will take control of things.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • chime wrote:
    Corso wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I thought Cliffy was talking about Terry/Bridge. I think Cappello will take control of things.

Terry/Bridge? Bridge is in the squad? Not C.Ashley?
    chime wrote:
    Corso wrote:

Terry/Bridge? Bridge is in the squad? Not C.Ashley?

I don't think it matters to the drama Cliffy is talking about whether or not Bridge is in the squad A. Cole will be in the squad (barring injury) but Bridge may also be in the squad
    I was referring to Terry/Bridge. Banging a teammates wife is never a good thing for a team, although like you said, who knows if Bridge is going to be on the squad.
    chime wrote:
    Corso wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yes Cappello and Beckham. ok did not know it is no longer a problem.... Cappello may be concerned for Beckhams fittness and age. Although I think Beckham is fine.
    Bridge is always in the England squad when he's fit. He may not always play, but he is always picked for the squad. Beckham held on to his captaincy when he had his affair because it was nothing to do with the team, but here, what Terry has done will undoubtedly cause division in the camp.

How would the other Man City players feel with him as captain? (eg Garth Barry, Micah Richards, Sean Wright-Phillips, Joleon Lescott). Or even the Chelsea players, they could be fairly pissed about it too, considering that Bridge played on the same team as Terry until last year...
    Terry out as English captain, english folks, will it have any impact?

It's on, on June 12th!!!
  • strange, wery stange decision by fabio. perhaps maybe john himself asked about it, who knows..
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

It's on, on June 12th!!!
    i dont get it,,its his personal life..British are to strange with national team..
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

It's on, on June 12th!!!
    i dont get it,,its his personal life..British are to strange with national team..

If it had been a woman who was in no way connected to another player in the England squad it wouldn't have affected his captaincy.

I think the only reason it was called into question is because it is Wayne Bridge's ex (and mother of his child) so asking Wayne Bridge to answer to Terry as captain isn't really fair and obviously a lot of other players are friends with them both so it would be a strange atmosphere in the squad so I can understand why Cappello made the decision he did.

There are enough women in the world why are footballers so dumb to go for a friend's girlfriend :roll: ... and no I'm not condoning Terry cheating on his wife

I am sick of the press here talking about it non-stop though.

Oh and Euro 2012 qualifying groups

Group A: Germany, Turkey, Austria, Belgium, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan

Group B: Russia, Slovakia, Republic of Ireland, FYR Macedonia, Armenia, Andorra

Group C: Italy, Serbia, Northern Ireland, Slovenia, Estonia, Faroe Islands

Group D: France, Romania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Belarus, Albania, Luxembourg

Group E: Holland, Sweden, Finland, Hungary, Moldova, San Marino

Group F: Croatia, Greece, Israel, Latvia, Georgia, Malta

Group G: England, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Wales, Montenegro

Group H: Portugal, Denmark, Norway, Cyprus, Iceland

Group I: Spain, Czech Republic, Scotland, Lithuania, Liechtenstein
  • chime wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

It's on, on June 12th!!!

If it had been a woman who was in no way connected to another player in the England squad it wouldn't have affected his captaincy.

I think the only reason it was called into question is because it is Wayne Bridge's ex (and mother of his child) so asking Wayne Bridge to answer to Terry as captain isn't really fair and obviously a lot of other players are friends with them both so it would be a strange atmosphere in the squad so I can understand why Cappello made the decision he did.

There are enough women in the world why are footballers so dumb to go for a friend's girlfriend :roll: ... and no I'm not condoning Terry cheating on his wife

I am sick of the press here talking about it non-stop though.

Oh and Euro 2012 qualifying groups

Group A: Germany, Turkey, Austria, Belgium, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan

Group B: Russia, Slovakia, Republic of Ireland, FYR Macedonia, Armenia, Andorra

Group C: Italy, Serbia, Northern Ireland, Slovenia, Estonia, Faroe Islands

Group D: France, Romania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Belarus, Albania, Luxembourg

Group E: Holland, Sweden, Finland, Hungary, Moldova, San Marino

Group F: Croatia, Greece, Israel, Latvia, Georgia, Malta

Group G: England, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Wales, Montenegro

Group H: Portugal, Denmark, Norway, Cyprus, Iceland

Group I: Spain, Czech Republic, Scotland, Lithuania, Liechtenstein

ok i think what ever comes to Captain of your national team is the same...
    the same things happen when Beckam was the one..they critisism the captain always like hell..+ there is a coach in the team that know what to do,but he took the leadership couse of the pressure of media.
    btw Greece have a good draw.. :D
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Looks like Landon Donovan put a damper on the English plans this World Cup by taking out Ashley Cole yesterday. Besides that though, from what I'd seen of the game he seemed to have outplayed Cole. I have to say, Donovan has looked a lot better than I or pretty much anybody thought in his stint with Everton. I'd hate to see him leave MLS but maybe he's found his niche in Everton.
    Yeah Donovan's form is good and it should be he is playing in the EPL and I think that level of play helps him. Been thinking about the Cup maybe Brazil? They seem to win the Cup most of the time when played outside of Europe. However Spain is looking good.
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    Donovan runs down Evra's side tomorrow....
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!