2010 world cup

Comments

• metsfan wrote:
    btw France will take their hands with them in the World cup??? :lol:
    LMFAO

I'm somewhat worried bout england. Yea we have a good team. But england is still england.

Love the France knock dimitri....I still cant believe Ireland wont be in the WC....

England will be a really tough first match for the US.....too bad all of this is still 6 months away!
  • metsfan wrote:
    btw France will take their hands with them in the World cup??? :lol:
    LMFAO

I'm somewhat worried bout england. Yea we have a good team. But england is still england.
    and they have Capello..he always take the result he wants..and Thank God there are here Americans that talk about Soccer!!all the threads here in the forum are for American football and Baseball :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    My favorites Brazil, Germany.....with Group G being the toughfest will force Brazil to be at their best and when they play their best they can kick some ass. Hopefully France will be in their way.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• g under p wrote:
    My favorites Brazil, Germany.....with Group G being the toughfest will force Brazil to be at their best and when they play their best they can kick some ass. Hopefully France will be in their way.

Peace
    isnt Greece??
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    g under p wrote:

Peace
    isnt Greece??

Sure, I'd like anybody to take them out

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• g under p wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace
    isnt Greece??

Sure, I'd like anybody to take them out

Peace
    :D
  • Is there really a Group of Death?

I know Group G sucks for one team but isn't there usually a group which you would say all 4 teams have a shot?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Is there really a Group of Death?

I know Group G sucks for one team but isn't there usually a group which you would say all 4 teams have a shot?
    see your facebook acount.. :D
  • jked3jked3 Posts: 171
    I don't think their is what you would traditionally call a Group of Death in this draw...Group G is definetly the toughest though.

I like the USA's draw alot, especially playing England first...after that game, they'll know exactly what they have to do against Slovenia and Algeria.

BTW - My 4th son is named Landon...

USA! USA! USA!
    Columbia 96/98;Randall's Island 96;Tibetan Freedom 97;Late Show 98;Camden 98/00/03/06/08;E Rutherford 98/06;MSG 98/03/08;VF Choice (DC) 98;Uniondale 03;State College 03;Holmdel 03;VF Change (Reading) 04;AC 05;Philly 05; Lolla 07.....[EV Newark 08]
  • jked3 wrote:
    I don't think their is what you would traditionally call a Group of Death in this draw...Group G is definetly the toughest though.

I like the USA's draw alot, especially playing England first...after that game, they'll know exactly what they have to do against Slovenia and Algeria.

BTW - My 4th son is named Landon...

USA! USA! USA!

Playing England first is a big advantage. A lot better than playing England in the 3rd game as a must-win to move on...
  • i wonder how many fights will break out in the stands
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,276
    Yeah CHILE got GROUP H 1ST match Honduras ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    i wonder how many fights will break out in the stands

USA soccer fans don't start fights!

We don't have too many thug/hooligan fans!
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:

We are very civil fans, surprisingly.....while the rest of the world has their fields fenced off with barbed wire on top...hooligans!
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

We are very civil fans, surprisingly.....while the rest of the world has their fields fenced off with barbed wire on top...hooligans!

I don't think we really care enough to fight over soccer, and, it seems like most US soccer crowds are family-oriented.
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

I don't think we really care enough to fight over soccer, and, it seems like most US soccer crowds are family-oriented.

Oooh I didn't even know it was in the US, figured it was somewhere else and all hell would break lose.
    We are very civil fans, surprisingly.....while the rest of the world has their fields fenced off with barbed wire on top...hooligans![/quote]

I don't think we really care enough to fight over soccer, and, it seems like most US soccer crowds are family-oriented.[/quote]

Oooh I didn't even know it was in the US, figured it was somewhere else and all hell would break lose.[/quote]

It isn't in the U.S., I was just commenting on the general demeanor of U.S. soccer fans.
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:

It isn't in the U.S., I was just commenting on the general demeanor of U.S. soccer fans.

Ya I know US fans are not like that. I just always expect to hear of a monster fight between soccer fans when I think of the World Cup.

ps - U.S. fans are not like that unless Ron Artest and his hood rat buddies go into the stands! :D
  • Can anybody give a general breakdown of U.S.A.'s draw? The last time I really followed soccer closely was the World Cup in France, which was one of my favorite sporting events to watch ever. I imagine teams and players have changed significantly then, I remember ronahldino was an up-and-comer, and the other day I was watching an AC match and they were talking about how he's lost some speed. I know England is good as usual, but how good? Algeria and Slovenia I know virtually nothing about. Thanks in advance
    "Ah, life is a gate, a way, a path to Paradise anyway, why not live for fun and joy and love or some sort of girl by a fireside, why not go to your desire and LAUGH..."
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Australia have a tough draw.

They have got Germany, then Ghana and Serbia.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Ya I know US fans are not like that. I just always expect to hear of a monster fight between soccer fans when I think of the World Cup.

ps - U.S. fans are not like that unless Ron Artest and his hood rat buddies go into the stands! :D

I read on ESPN that the United States has purchased the most tickets for the World Cup of any country thus far.

So we should have a could amount of support in South Africa!
  • Thorns2010 wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

I read on ESPN that the United States has purchased the most tickets for the World Cup of any country thus far.

That's because we have the most scalpers of any country ;)

Damn capitalists!
    NERDS!
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200

That's because we have the most scalpers of any country ;)

Damn capitalists![/quote]

:lol::lol:

It's either that, or maybe something a little more political.

Even though the apartheid has ended, I'm not sure if SA is a good place to be.

I'll admit that I am complete ignorant on the subject, but I don't think other US citizens are more informed then me on this, and maybe the rest of the world is?
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    pjfan31 wrote:

Your RIGHT there!!!...
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: yep thats true..u are so quiet like in pj concerts!!! :mrgreen:
  • pjfan31 wrote:

too tough i would say..
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    Having watched all four play over the past 2 years, i think that group D (Germany, Aussie, Serbia, Ghana) is the toughest group by far.

In Group G the only REALLY good teams are Brazil and Ivory Coast. Portugal stumbled through qualification and havent performed when it matters in recent tournaments, and their team still has the problem of needing a goalscorer other than Ronaldo. Ivory Coast however will be far better this time than in 2006, having the bulk of the same line-up except at their peaks now.....So i think Ivory Coast will easily claim the second spot for the next round.

I fancy Ghana & Serbia cause a few upsets, Serbia could be particularly dangerous if they keep their stars fit (Vidic, Ivanovic, Stankovic, Kuzmanovic, Zigic, Kacar, Pantelic, Krasic, Sulejmani, Jovanovic...not a bad side at all)
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    I think we could match up quite well with England, but we need to count on a forward stepping up their game with Davies most likely out. Maybe Dempsey could show just a few flashes of brilliance. But they need to play him up top with Altidore.
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    Just saw the group France got, and i feel sick again. UGH.

We could've gotten through that group easily!! FUCK!!
    I hope France choke like they did in Euro 08 !
  • damn this.. @#$#%# Slovenia.. and France too..

Will probably support Holland and Argentina