Yellow Ribbon Club

KnishKnish Posts: 53
edited December 2009 in The Porch
Dave if you are out there....
Thank you...
The world needs more people like you.

http://cbs3.com/local/The.Yellow.Ribbon.2.1346727.html
There are two kinds of women, one that takes your strength, and one that gives you strength

My next Pearl Jam show will be my 50th

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,118
    edited December 2009
    ugh, yeah i am here. please dont thank me though. i do very little. its our Heroes, their wives, their hubbies, their moms, their dads, and their kids etc that do everything.

I certainly am grateful for CBS 3's coverage of the YRC last night and getting them further exposure. I was hesitant of this story as I wanted to respect PJ's privacy of their generosity. They were already out to cover the YRC's reaction of the 30K extra Troops to be deployed and that's when they found out we lost our free shipping of supplies to Iraq and Afghanistan.

Of course I am frustrated that after spending an hour with them last night, they showed 2 little snippets of what I didnt want them to show and they didnt show anything I said except for one little quote but I did preach how amazing this band is and how generous their fans are and what a great give and give relationship we as fans have with the band and the band has with us and the world. I also tried to talk about the Wishlist Foundation, our efforts down at the Spectrum to raise funds and awareness for both the Gift of Life Family House and the YRC but that didn't make the editing cuts. They also interviewed Mrs ElwayVedder and our boys but that didn't make it either which would have been nice since they are the foundation and support for anything I try to do
    Post edited by elwayvedder on
  • KnishKnish Posts: 53
    Dont sell yourself short brother.
    Most of us talk a good game...not many of us walk it.

I thank you.
    There are two kinds of women, one that takes your strength, and one that gives you strength

My next Pearl Jam show will be my 50th

• elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,118
    Knish wrote:
    Dont sell yourself short brother.
    Most of us talk a good game...not many of us walk it.

I thank you.

kind words from a Yankees fan!? Who would have ever thought? ;)
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    Dave, you and Mrs ElwayVedder are awesome!
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,444
    1st class - to you and the PJ guys
  • That's awesome, Support the Troops
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    ugh, yeah i am here. please dont thank me though. i do very little. its our Heroes, their wives, their hubbies, their moms, their dads, and their kids etc that do everything.

I certainly am grateful for CBS 3's coverage of the YRC last night and getting them further exposure. I was hesitant of this story as I wanted to respect PJ's privacy of their generosity. They were already out to cover the YRC's reaction of the 30K extra Troops to be deployed and that's when they found out we lost our free shipping of supplies to Iraq and Afghanistan.

Of course I am frustrated that after spending an hour with them last night, they showed 2 little snippets of what I didnt want them to show and they didnt show anything I said except for one little quote but I did preach how amazing this band is and how generous their fans are and what a great give and give relationship we as fans have with the band and the band has with us and the world. I also tried to talk about the Wishlist Foundation, our efforts down at the Spectrum to raise funds and awareness for both the Gift of Life Family House and the YRC but that didn't make the editing cuts. They also interviewed Mrs ElwayVedder and our boys but that didn't make it either which would have been nice since they are the foundation and support for anything I try to do

Always knew you were one of the good ones...But this just confirms it for me! :-)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I made it a point to send that link to my friends and co-workers who I solicited donations from for the pre-party Spectrum events.

Knowing you went the extra mile to get the band involved is very cool.
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365
    nice work, elwayvedder. can this thread get sticked?
  • That is a GREAT story!!! I started helping at my local food bank, which is a small gesture, but it feels great to help...even though I have had my hours and pay cut at work, there is always someone worst off! PJ has also inspired me to help when I can
  • It's usually good to help, but I don't really believe in ribbons.
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • It's usually good to help, but I don't really believe in ribbons.

Cosmo Kramer?

Great Story!!!
  • zappa99zappa99 Posts: 285
    Good work!! Great cause!!
  • Put a huge smile on my face when I got a Google alert about this today. You have made us all so proud. :D