I love the word fart, but would love to hear synonyms

13»

Comments

• Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    edited December 2009
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    I hate gambling and losing....

Stevie you SOB...where do you guys think of this shit?

'Gamble and Lost' comes from a relative. Origins in the military I believe...Navy specifically.

And I will say this occurrance happens more in the winter months than in the summer. We tend to eat more hot and spicy food in the winter to coalesce with our alcoholic consumption, and as our bodily functions deteriorate over the course of a drinking/eating session, the layers of clothing that insulate our bodies in the cold air give a false sense of security. In other words, in my experience, people tend to shit themselves more in the winter. Other arguments can be made for the summer months, when we wear less clothes in much warmer weather, our bodies process food and dispose of it at a faster rate. Ever sweat while you're taking a dump? That's the summer beer talking. Your body is working very hard very quickly to 'dispose'...therefore creating a small window of opportunity to get to the can...and more of an opportunity to not make it in time.

:shock: :lol:
    Post edited by Steve Dunne on
    I love to turn you on
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    And I will say this occurrance happens more in the winter months than in the summer. We tend to eat more hot and spicy food in the winter to coalesce with our alcoholic consumption, and as our bodily functions deteriorate over the course of a drinking/eating session, the layers of clothing that insulate our bodies in the cold air give a false sense of security. In other words, in my experience, people tend to shit themselves more in the winter. Other arguments can be made for the summer months, when we wear less clothes in much warmer weather, our bodies process food and dispose of it at a faster rate. Ever sweat while you're taking a dump? That's the summer beer talking. Your body is working very hard very quickly to 'dispose'...therefore creating a small window of opportunity to get to the can...and more off an opportunity to not make it in time

:lol::lol:

We use the expression, 'to follow through' for when you get slightly more than expected, and 'touching cloth' for when the need to go is urgent.

My friends husband once (for some strange reason) was showing off his enourmous capacity for breaking wind following a curry. He was at work at the time and unfortunatley for him he said to his colleagues, listen to this one, then made a huge effort to make the most noise possible and unfortunately followed through in rather liquid form. I think it left his colleagues rather traumatised.
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Assalanche.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• gearboygearboy Posts: 349
    I always tell the person that farted "the voice has changed but the breaths the same" :lol:
    IT'S NO CRIME TO ESCAPE!!!!!!!!!
    03/22/94, 01/14/95, 09/24/96, 08/25/98, 08/26/98, 08/31/98, 09/01/98, 09/22/98, 09/23/98, 08/09/00, 08/10/00, 08/12/00, 08/20/00, 08/21/00, 04/11/03, 04/13/03, 07/08/03, 07/09/03, 09/28/04, 09/29/04, 10/06/04, 10/08/04, 09/28/05, 05/20/06, 05/03/10, 05/04/10, 05/10/10
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    Fart: This is not an accepted medical word for passing gas. Excess gas in the intestinal is medically termed "flatulence." (But what is excess gas is difficult to define since symptom-free individuals have recorded approximately 14 passages of gas per 24 hours!)

The Oxford English Dictionary (OED), in its inimitable way, notes that the word "fart" is "not in decent use." The OED defines the transitive verb form of fart: "To send forth as wind from the anus 1632." The word comes from the Old English "feortan" (meaning "to break wind"). Although the word "fart" is "not in decent use," it was used by the likes of the great English poet Geoffrey Chaucer.

compliments of:http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=6484

to send forth wind from the anus.....too good
  • moemoemoemoe Posts: 72
    Claireack wrote:
    And I will say this occurrance happens more in the winter months than in the summer. We tend to eat more hot and spicy food in the winter to coalesce with our alcoholic consumption, and as our bodily functions deteriorate over the course of a drinking/eating session, the layers of clothing that insulate our bodies in the cold air give a false sense of security. In other words, in my experience, people tend to shit themselves more in the winter. Other arguments can be made for the summer months, when we wear less clothes in much warmer weather, our bodies process food and dispose of it at a faster rate. Ever sweat while you're taking a dump? That's the summer beer talking. Your body is working very hard very quickly to 'dispose'...therefore creating a small window of opportunity to get to the can...and more off an opportunity to not make it in time

We use the expression, 'to follow through' for when you get slightly more than expected, and 'touching cloth' for when the need to go is urgent.

My friends husband once (for some strange reason) was showing off his enourmous capacity for breaking wind following a curry. He was at work at the time and unfortunatley for him he said to his colleagues, listen to this one, then made a huge effort to make the most noise possible and unfortunately followed through in rather liquid form. I think it left his colleagues rather traumatised.

Hahahah, yer friends husband had what we call " a fine cotton incident"

Other fun ways of saying the need to go is urgent........ " I'm turtling"........ or " I got a brown dog barkin at the gate".......
  • moemoe wrote:
    Claireack wrote:

Hahahah, yer friends husband had what we call " a fine cotton incident"

Other fun ways of saying the need to go is urgent........ " I'm turtling"........ or " I got a brown dog barkin at the gate".......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiNZdTSH3-A
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    "cut the cheese"
    might be a Wisconsin saying??
  • Sending a telegram from Mrs Arse to Mrs Trousers that Mrs Shit is on the way
    Letting out a thrappler
    Poking the tongue out

I haven't read the whole thread, but has anyone discoursed on the unfortunate phenomenon known as sharting? Happened to me recently. You can never take a gamble with a fart.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    yes sharting made an appearance, some funny names for that too
  • When I was 4 or 5, I misunderstood the word flatulence. I thought it was "Flashin' Lights." So when someone farted, I would say, "You've got flashin' lights!"

Back when I used to watch mass media, I recall Al Roker telling Matt Lauer that farts were "bi-labial infarctions." At least a demonstration did not follow!

I grew up in New England. Fart was pronounced fot or faht. When used in the past tense, the T sound was changed to a D sound: As in, "Who foddid?"
    "May you live in interesting times."
  • A guy I work with calls it "dropping ass".... :D
    :lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • burp that took the elevetar to the lobby
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Fish farts tonight
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    A guy I work with calls it "dropping ass".... :D
    :lol::lol::lol:

Dropping ass is my standard go to term. lets see... Sitting on a duck, cutting the cheese(obviously) um... air turd, ... ass burp ...
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Crop dusting
  • MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    Dropping ass is the standard slang used in my workplace.

Cropdusting is a common practice, especially near the end of the day when we are wrapping up and the midnight shift supervisor is getting to work.

It is common to hear "are you talking shit" if one drops ass in someone's office or cubicle while attempting to cropdust the person's space.

Like an earlier post, fart was considered an f-word by my mother growing up. It still appalls her when I use the word today, especially when I use it around the kiddos.
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    rip ass
    Dropping bombs.

dropping some agent orange.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,677
    we say someone stepped on a Barking Spider :lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    My dad uses "poofer."

My nephew's family calls it "pushing bunnies" :lol:
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Flock of Turtles

as in: "Whoa! What was that? Sounded like a Flock of Turtles!"
    aqo2t.jpg
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I just ripped one for about 3 seconds and The wife should be in any minute.

Good thing the dog is here to blame
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    In German, you can say "einen Koffer stehen lassen" (leave a suitcase in the room) or "koffern" (to suitcase) :lol:

The German word for 'fart' is 'furzen', a fart is a Furz. I see a strong linguistic relation to the Old English feorthan.

Over here, I am told that there are lots of frogs around us ... :roll: :lol:
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    Rats... Dead Toad? Did you just flagellate? OMG are you crop dusting?

I take "time with nature", and exit.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    who shit?
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Crop dusting

Crop dusting can only be used in certain context. You have to walking and spreading the smell around for it to be crop dusting. Like if you drop one and walk past somebody sitting down. Or you walk around the room leaving a trail behind you.
This discussion has been closed.