Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,201
    ed243421 said:
    2nd best starting 5?

i’ll take Irving, jb; tates, mm, and al

and butler played to his average

and the bench is terrible

didn’t one of them run the Dunder Mifflin Scranton branch a few years ago?
    the only way the Celts starting 5 competes with the Sixers current starting 5 is because your coach is better.

and yes the bench is terrible.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    And maybe because of defense.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,284
    edited February 2019
    ed243421 said:
    2nd best starting 5?

No way man. Celtics only have one player with a +20 per on their team. Sixers have three of them in their starting lineup. I'll take your bench over ours but no chance I'm taking your starting five. 

Last year, yes of course. This year? We've replaced Covington and Saric with two borderline all stars....to go along with the two all stars we already had. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ed243421 said:
    2nd best starting 5?

No way man. Celtics only have one player with a +20 per on their team. Sixers have three of them in their starting lineup. I'll take your bench over ours but no chance I'm taking your starting five. 
    You need depth on the bench, just ask Lebron.
  • Options
    8-5 in this murderers row of a stretch and still in the same spot they were when they started. Last month of the season is a cake walk compared to what they just went through. This team's gonna be fine, folks. 
    If they don't learn to gel together they won't make it past the second round.
    Did you expect them to gel completely together in 5 days with time for only one practice? Ha. 

They're 2-1 with one of those wins against the team with the second best record in the league. And they look way more cohesive than I imagined this soon. That wasn't the problem last night. Embiid just didn't play well. 
    Simmons and Embiid are together for their second year now.  Those two run together well.

Butler added I think is great but something is off, hence why they don't play as well against 500 teams.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Jojo can't be shooting 8 3's. He needs to move the ball.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    8-5 in this murderers row of a stretch and still in the same spot they were when they started. Last month of the season is a cake walk compared to what they just went through. This team's gonna be fine, folks. 
    If they don't learn to gel together they won't make it past the second round.
    Did you expect them to gel completely together in 5 days with time for only one practice? Ha. 

They're 2-1 with one of those wins against the team with the second best record in the league. And they look way more cohesive than I imagined this soon. That wasn't the problem last night. Embiid just didn't play well. 
    Simmons and Embiid are together for their second year now.  Those two run together well.

Butler added I think is great but something is off, hence why they don't play as well against 500 teams.
    The Celtics are 10-12 against 500+ teams. Check out my response to you in the NBA thread. That stat isn't helping your argument. 

And, actually, some would say Simmons and Embiid aren't the best fit due to Simmons' reluctance to shoot jumpers.

I'm having a hard time understanding what you mean here. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ed243421 said:
    2nd best starting 5?

You're now citing LeBron, who plays the finals every year, about why we need depth on the bench.....

The argument was that we have the best starting five outside of Golden State. I know the bench isn't ideal. But you can live with it with a starting five as good as the Sixers'.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ed243421 said:
    2nd best starting 5?

You're now citing LeBron, who plays the finals every year, about why we need depth on the bench.....

The argument was that we have the best starting five outside of Golden State. I know the bench isn't ideal. But you can live with it with a starting five as good as the Sixers'.
    Citing LeBron because he couldn't do it himself.  He needed some help.  That is what I mean.

Not everyone is built to play all these minutes throughout the season and into the playoffs.

I have it in my head but am having a hard time explaining without writing a novel, sorry.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    ed243421 said:
    2nd best starting 5?

Citing LeBron because he couldn't do it himself.  He needed some help.  That is what I mean.

Not everyone is built to play all these minutes throughout the season and into the playoffs.

I have it in my head but am having a hard time explaining without writing a novel, sorry.
    So if you're Elton Brand coming in as the gm, you have the option of keeping the same team as last year with Dario and Covington and adding depth and hoping that's good enough.

Or the other option is you cash in your process chips and upgrade those two guys with all star caliber players (two enormous upgrades) to give yourself a super team with, arguably the second best starting five in the whole league, while sacrificing some bench depth.

I think he chose wisely. 

And they're 11-9 vs +500 teams since the Butler trade, including 2-1 since the Harris trade FWIW
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    ed243421 said:
    2nd best starting 5?

So if you're Elton Brand coming in as the gm, you have the option of keeping the same team as last year with Dario and Covington and adding depth and hoping that's good enough.

Or the other option is you cash in your process chips and upgrade those two guys with all star caliber players (two enormous upgrades) to give yourself a super team with, arguably the second best starting five in the whole league, while sacrificing some bench depth.

I think he chose wisely. 

And they're 11-9 vs +500 teams since the Butler trade, including 2-1 since the Harris trade FWIW
    Still like Philly as a team but the disturbing stat is that they are what 1-7 vs the Raptors, Celtics and Bucks.  
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    The advantage that Philly has is that right now they have 5 easiest remaining schedule while Boston has the 7th hardest schedule.   
  • Options
    fife said:
    ed243421 said:
    2nd best starting 5?

I think he chose wisely. 

Still like Philly as a team but the disturbing stat is that they are what 1-7 vs the Raptors, Celtics and Bucks.  
    Absolutely They gotta learn how to beat those specific teams. Almost get the sense that it's in their heads at this point. Have to exercise those demons. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    fife said:
    ed243421 said:
    2nd best starting 5?

I think he chose wisely. 

As long as they can avoid those 3 teams in the playoffs, they are a lock for the NBA finals.
  • Options
    Everyone is overlooking the biggest factor in last night's loss, no Kendall!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    Can't believe she missed a national televised game.

Speaking of which......it was yet another TNT "Players Only" telecast. What a load of horse manure those guys were to listen to. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Speaking of which......it was yet another TNT "Players Only" telecast. What a load of horse manure those guys were to listen to. 
    Kinda funny how they have all these NBA legends...Shaq, C Webb, Baron Davis, McHale, and then they have Jim f’n Jackson lol. Where did he come from? Guy played on 12-13 various teams, was actually pretty good in the early 90’s when he first came into the league. But he was mainly just a role player at best post 2000 from what I remember.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    it was the "fucking refs" fault

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Kinda funny how they have all these NBA legends...Shaq, C Webb, Baron Davis, McHale, and then they have Jim f’n Jackson lol. Where did he come from? Guy played on 12-13 various teams, was actually pretty good in the early 90’s when he first came into the league. But he was mainly just a role player at best post 2000 from what I remember.
    Jim Jackson's claim to fame is ruining the Dallas Mavericks coming up by taking Jason Kid's GF Toni Braxton away from him and the team trading him away because of it.

Kid denies it but hey, why say it isn't true 20 years later and not when it happened?
  • Options
    I wonder why Bolden isn't getting any playing time since the trade?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The Sixers announcers come across as real classy there, saying they don't care about anyone else just so long as Embiid didn't get hurt.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    The Sixers announcers come across as real classy there, saying they don't care about anyone else just so long as Embiid didn't get hurt.
    This bothers you? Really?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Just like the Boston announcers earlier in the year that didn't care if an opposing player was injured as long as Kyrie was ok after a collision. 
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    Poncier said:
    Just like the Boston announcers earlier in the year that didn't care if an opposing player was injured as long as Kyrie was ok after a collision. 
    Didn't hear that, but equally wrong if the case.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Bothers? No. 
    But find it fairly crass and unprofessional.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Bothers? No. 
    Then don't watch our games.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Bothers? No. 
    I didn't, only watch them when your team is getting beaten by the Celtics or if its a national game like last Sunday against the LA LeBrons, but the video of the Embiid super leap was going viral, including being linked here on this thread.
    I laughed when the knuckleheads said it was a better hurdle than anything Renaldo Nehemiah ever did, but the "Jojo don't get hurt, that's all I'm concerned about, not that I have total disregard for all the fans and the coworkers" I didn't find as amusing.

• Options
    Poncier said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Bothers? No. 
    I didn't, only watch them when your team is getting beaten by the Celtics or if its a national game like last Sunday against the LA LeBrons, but the video of the Embiid super leap was going viral, including being linked here on this thread.
    I laughed when the knuckleheads said it was a better hurdle than anything Renaldo Nehemiah ever did, but the "Jojo don't get hurt, that's all I'm concerned about, not that I have total disregard for all the fans and the coworkers" I didn't find as amusing.

On behalf of the entire Sixers organization, I apologize your feelings were hurt. 
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    Poncier said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Bothers? No. 

On behalf of the entire Sixers organization, I apologize your feelings were hurt. 
    Thanks. I can face the world now.