Merchandise idea...

lostdawglostdawg Posts: 109
edited December 2009 in The Porch
I don't know if anyone has thought about or mentioned this, but I think a great idea would be to sell a set of poster reproductions, maybe the size of a postcard. They would obviously not be individually screened, but done more like a set of trading cards,done in series like baseball cards used to be. There could be "stats" on the back, such as the setlist, date of the show, opening act, etc. You can leave out the gum, though!! Any thoughts??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i was with you till you said leave out the gum!!!!!
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Not a bad :idea: :idea: :idea:!!! IDEA !!! :idea: :idea: :idea:
  • lostdawglostdawg Posts: 109
    i was with you till you said leave out the gum!!!!!

LOL, I'm lucky to have any teeth left after all the Topps gum I chewed back in the day!!! But if you want it, why not??
  • A Pearl Jam beanie would be nice.
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    Set of guitar pics would be nice.
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • Pearl Jam's merch people need to spend more time hanging out with Wilco's merch people -
    http://wilco.kungfustore.com/category/36-vinyl/product/1669-vinyl-transport-case-wil280
    "Trial and error isn't a bad way to learn how to build an aircraft, but it can be a disastrous way to learn how to build a civilization..."
  • mcthudmcthud Posts: 366

Completely agree! Even if it fell apart and tasted like a monkey's butt, it always smelled great.
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    Vitamins, ah already done, their music, a most important meal of my day lately.
  • this is an awesome idea...i love it!!! :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mcthud wrote:

Completely agree! Even if it fell apart and tasted like a monkey's butt, it always smelled great.

right! even if it's all pasty and covered in powder and disintegrates when you chew it...i still want it!! :mrgreen:

(hey! Waltham! that's where i am right now! :mrgreen: )
  • InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    i want a pearl jam basketball jersey
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    Pearl Jam's merch people need to spend more time hanging out with Wilco's merch people -
    http://wilco.kungfustore.com/category/36-vinyl/product/1669-vinyl-transport-case-wil280
    that is cool
  • InMyTree4 wrote:
    i want a pearl jam basketball jersey

i want a PJ baseball shirt...a real one...not a T-shirt.
  • How about 45 record box for most of holiday single?
  • viewtopic.php?f=4&t=118025&start=0&hilit=what+would+you+buy

Here is some of the stuff people have come up with. I wish we could get the 10C to make some of these items. And I love the trading card idea but it must come with gum!
  • mousepad and scarf
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • lostdawg wrote:
    I don't know if anyone has thought about or mentioned this, but I think a great idea would be to sell a set of poster reproductions, maybe the size of a postcard. They would obviously not be individually screened, but done more like a set of trading cards,done in series like baseball cards used to be. There could be "stats" on the back, such as the setlist, date of the show, opening act, etc. You can leave out the gum, though!! Any thoughts??

I agree - like the postcards that came with the Live at the Gorge box.

Great idea!
  • I brought something similar up in a thread a few weeks ago. Each calendar year they could make a mini poster book (size of notebook paper or something) and bind it together as a 10C buy. I don't have any interest in buying full size posters but would love to pay for this each year.
    "I'd like to thank all you mother fuckers. All you mother fuckers..." EV-10/03/05
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    My vote's still for a PJ Snuggie :D
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
    OceanStone wrote:
    How about 45 record box for most of holiday single?

Now that's a great idea!
    Take me for a ride before we leave...
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    t0mMye wrote:

amen to that, a great idea!
  • Pearl Jam's merch people need to spend more time hanging out with Wilco's merch people -

They have TOTALLY cool as shit stuff there. More stuff for chicks too.

AND, I was just talking about how I wanted dog stuff...t-shirts, collars, leashes. Then, my big guy could quit wearing my shirts.

DSCN0622.jpg
    http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=118025&start=0&hilit=what+would+you+buy

Here is some of the stuff people have come up with. I wish we could get the 10C to make some of these items. And I love the trading card idea but it must come with gum!

Thanks! Didn't see this thread-there are some great ideas on here! I actually have seen PJ watches on eBay, but I'm sure they aren't up to the band's standards. And another vote for the gum, eh?
  • A Pearl Jam beanie would be nice.

Hell yeah !
    pjamaholic wrote:
    t0mMye wrote:

amen to that, a great idea!

Definitely! Start with one for each album cover...(extra heavy pics, please!)
    I brought something similar up in a thread a few weeks ago. Each calendar year they could make a mini poster book (size of notebook paper or something) and bind it together as a 10C buy. I don't have any interest in buying full size posters but would love to pay for this each year.

That would work!!
  • would much prefer the 1998 official bootlegs.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • would much prefer the 1998 official bootlegs.
    Just burn em'....
  • Baseball card thing is cool because you can have the card w/ autos on it, patch/swatch from drum skins/clothes swatch from members/picks/mic mesh/string,wood piece from guitar/drum stix.
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • mcthudmcthud Posts: 366
    mcthud wrote:

right! even if it's all pasty and covered in powder and disintegrates when you chew it...i still want it!! :mrgreen:

(hey! Waltham! that's where i am right now! :mrgreen: )

You're in Ma? That's awesome. I've been a fan of your avatar for a while. Why in Waltham?