European countries to be considered for 2010

StereotypeStereotype Posts: 885
edited November 2009 in The Porch
If it happens - and if the plans haven't been made yet - please consider Slovenia! :mrgreen:

Pearl Jam has been here only once, in June 2000. So if they come in June it can be a ten year anniversary.
If you listened to the Ljubljana bootleg from 2000 you can hear Ed talking about how he thought slow song would go well since we lost an "important" soccer game then. This time around folk spirit in our country is really high right now, almost euphoric since our soccer team qualified for a World Cup in Africa in 2010, so I think the atmosphere will be fantastic and fast songs would go well ;)

I also root for all of our neighboring countries (Croatia, Italy, Austria and Hungary).
The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Denmark, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Ireland, Scotland, England, Germany, Hungary, Greece and Slovenia.
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Please come back to Barcelona !!!!
    We miss you !!!!
  • The nordic countries.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • GeertGeert Posts: 101
    Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Denmark, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Ireland, Scotland, England, Germany, Hungary, Greece and Slovenia.

Thanks to forget Belgium! :(
    Antwerp 30-08-2006, Paris 11-09-2006, Berlin 23-09-2006.
    Düsseldorf 21-06-2007, Nijmegen 28-06-2007, Werchter 29-06-2007.
    London Shepherd's Bush 11-08-2009, Rotterdam 13-08-2009.
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010, Berlin 30-06-2010, Arras 04-07-2010,
    Werchter 05-07-2010, Manchester 20-06-2012, Amsterdam 26-06-2012, Amsterdam 27-06-2012, Werchter 29-06-2012, Berlin 04-07-2012, Amsterdam 16-06-2014, Amsterdam 17-06-2014, Werchter 05-07-2014
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    edited November 2009
    1 Russia
    2 Ukraine
    3 France
    4 Spain
    5 Sweden
    6 Norway
    7 Germany
    8 Finland
    9 Poland
    10 Italy
    11 United Kingdom
    12 Romania
    13 Belarus
    14 Kazakhstan
    15 Greece
    16 Bulgaria
    17 Iceland
    18 Hungary
    19 Portugal
    20 Austria
    21 Czech Republic
    22 Serbia
    23 Republic of Ireland
    24 Lithuania
    25 Latvia
    26 Croatia
    27 Bosnia and Herzegovina
    28 Slovakia
    29 Estonia
    30 Denmark
    31 Netherlands
    32 Switzerland
    33 Moldova
    34 Belgium
    35 Albania
    36 Fyrom
    37 Turkey
    38 Slovenia
    39 Montenegro
    40 Azerbaijan
    41 Luxembourg
    42 Georgia
    43 Andorra
    44 Malta
    45 Liechtenstein
    46 San Marino
    47 Monaco

+ Israel for my friends there..
    + the will play in Greece 4 hours show only couse Europe took the name from Greek mythology..
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    You forgot Scotland!! :cry: We don't qualify for World Cups so we need something to make us SMILE :)
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • veddertown wrote:
    You forgot Scotland!! :cry: We don't qualify for World Cups so we need something to make us SMILE :)
    NOP...11 United Kingdom (ENGLAND - WALES - SCOTLAND..)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    YAY!! :mrgreen:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Dimitris ... that's a good road book for a tour. :D
    If they come in my country that's nice ... if they don't then it's a good excuse to travel.
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,591
    If they play slovenia I will be there. Promised myself to see them in Balkans next time.
    I will swallow poison
  • Niko80 wrote:
    If they play slovenia I will be there. Promised myself to see them in Balkans next time.
    Slovenia fans rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • IGotShit76 wrote:
    Dimitris ... that's a good road book for a tour. :D
    If they come in my country that's nice ... if they don't then it's a good excuse to travel.
    :mrgreen: i think the same......travel for the best band in the world.....sounds amazing...
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Wouldn't it be great if they just let us organise all the dates & venues and they could just turn up. I would definately volunteer to liase with them. :D
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    Stereotype wrote:
    If it happens - and if the plans haven't been made yet - please consider Slovenia! :mrgreen:

Pearl Jam has been here only once, in June 2000. So if they come in June it can be a ten year anniversary.
    If you listened to the Ljubljana bootleg from 2000 you can hear Ed talking about how he thought slow song would go well since we lost an "important" soccer game then. This time around folk spirit in our country is really high right now, almost euphoric since our soccer team qualified for a World Cup in Africa in 2010, so I think the atmosphere will be fantastic and fast songs would go well ;)

I also root for all of our neighboring countries (Croatia, Italy, Austria and Hungary).

Yeah, one show or two in one of these countries would be a finally fuckin treat! I would like to return to Maribor or Slovenia in either way, a PJ show would be the most perfect reason to make it there!!! ;)

And by the way Budapest awaits since 1996 (and their cancelled show in 2000)
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Fyrom?! Where the FUCK is that?!

Ah, silly... Macedonia :lol:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    edited November 2009
    Jennytree wrote:
    Fyrom?! Where the FUCK is that?!

Ah, silly... Macedonia :lol:
    there is no country called Mkedonia...is FYROM......MAKEDONIA IS A AREA IN GREECE.......
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
  • Dimitris - what kind of a list is that? European countries from largest to smallest? Hehe. In that case I propose a reversed order ;)

Niko80 and Ricsard thanks for support ;) I think Hungary deserves it just as much...actually nobody does not deserve it..but some countries got more pieces of cake in the past...

Many Slovenians would be in a kind of unease if you say you came to the Balkans, though. We've always seen ourselves as more Central European - whatever that might mean (we are mostly outside of Balkan pennisula touching the Alps and bordering the Mediterranean,in the past been a part of Republic of Venice, the principality of Carantania, the Holy Roman Empire, the Habsburg Monarchy, the Austrian Empire, Yugoslavia..but then the first one to separate from it).
    By "we" I do not mean me included - I think it's just a social construct, made-up imagined identity (as they all are).

Dimitris...I think that it's cruel that Greece is in dispute over a name Macedonia with Macedonians for more than fifteen years. If they call their country Macedonia, so be it. We know they are Slavs. To have to have former something in the name just doesn't sound right to me. Greeks could be then called former-Pelasgians or so ;)

But not to go into disputes or silly identity matters> Let's just hope Pearl Jam come to Europe (which ever country it is)..Peace.
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• Stereotype wrote:
    Dimitris - what kind of a list is that? European countries from largest to smallest? Hehe. In that case I propose a reversed order ;)

Niko80 and Ricsard thanks for support ;) I think Hungary deserves it just as much...actually nobody does not deserve it..but some countries got more pieces of cake in the past...

Many Slovenians would be in a kind of unease if you say you came to the Balkans, though. We've always seen ourselves as more Central European - whatever that might mean (we are mostly outside of Balkan pennisula touching the Alps and bordering the Mediterranean,in the past been a part of Republic of Venice, the principality of Carantania, the Holy Roman Empire, the Habsburg Monarchy, the Austrian Empire, Yugoslavia..but then the first one to separate from it).
    By "we" I do not mean me included - I think it's just a social construct, made-up imagined identity (as they all are).

Dimitris...I think that it's cruel that Greece is in dispute over a name Macedonia with Macedonians for more than fifteen years. If they call their country Macedonia, so be it. We know they are Slavs. To have to have former something in the name just doesn't sound right to me. Greeks could be then called former-Pelasgians or so ;)

But not to go into disputes or silly identity matters> Let's just hope Pearl Jam come to Europe (which ever country it is)..Peace.
    1.i put all for noone complains :D
    2."We know they are Slavs"Thank God someone know history around here..
    3.u cant forget your history.when u do new countries comes and take your homes,your history,your being..
    + we have a wall in our continent.and nobody cares..CYPRUS......couse the products in the island is bananas and oranges,and not oil....So accornting to the UN is Fyrom...
    and if pearl jam play in this country is the only one ill not be there..couse my passport when will be open to mark it will be given to fly
    for the rest of the Europe......i love u all
    Peace

p.s. i would love to see a show to Ljubljana :D
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    Stereotype wrote:
    Dimitris - what kind of a list is that? European countries from largest to smallest? Hehe. In that case I propose a reversed order ;)

1.i put all for noone complains :D
    2."We know they are Slavs"Thank God someone know history around here..
    3.u cant forget your history.when u do new countries comes and take your homes,your history,your being..
    + we have a wall in our continent.and nobody cares..CYPRUS......couse the products in the island is bananas and oranges,and not oil....So accornting to the UN is Fyrom...
    and if pearl jam play in this country is the only one ill not be there..couse my passport when will be open to mark it will be given to fly
    for the rest of the Europe......i love u all
    Peace

p.s. i would love to see a show to Ljubljana :D

bah who gives a crap there people too, that would be like me not wanting to go to northern ireland
  • satansbed wrote:

bah who gives a crap there people too, that would be like me not wanting to go to northern ireland
    its like tomorrow the scotish called their self Irish...with capital Dublin...thats Fyrom Did.
  • anyway.fuck politics here...
    so PEARL JAM ALL THE WAY ;)
  • eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Ireland..Electric Picnic..the best most magic three days of the year..make it happen 10c!!

NOT Oxegen!! its teeeeeerrrriiiibbbbbllleee!!
  • Greece - Ljubljana - Paris.... 3 wetter taft from Schwarzkopf :D
    2000 Ljubljana
    2006 Vienna, Zagreb
    2007 Munich
    2009 Berlin
    2010 Dublin, Belfast, Berlin, Venice
    2011 Montreal, Toronto 1&2
    2012 Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2, EV Manchester
    2013 Worcester 1&2, Brooklyn 1&2
    2014 Amsterdam 1&2, Manchester 1&2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2017 EV Firenze, Taormina 1&2
    2018 Amsterdam 1&2, Padova, Prague, Krakow, Berlin
    2019 EV Firenze
    satansbed wrote:

its like tomorrow the scotish called their self Irish...with capital Dublin...thats Fyrom Did.

no the country of Macedonia is in the region of Macedonia aswell, as are parts of bulgaria
  • strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    SCOTLAND and GEORDIELAND!
    :P :D :P :D :P :D :P :D :P :D
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • satansbed wrote:
    satansbed wrote:

no the country of Macedonia is in the region of Macedonia aswell, as are parts of bulgaria
    .let me know more my country history... 8-) forget this shit...
  • vedderman wrote:
    Greece - Ljubljana - Paris.... 3 wetter taft from Schwarzkopf :D
    :D wwwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooohhhhhhooooo

im just suprised cause ive read alot of your posts here and id never of taken you for someone who doesnt like a speciic region of people
  • satansbed wrote:

im just suprised cause ive read alot of your posts here and id never of taken you for someone who doesnt like a speciic region of people
    i dont have probem with people..but politics...pm send.
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    I'd love shows in the UK (obviously!!...how about a 10C special at the Eden Project in Cornwall, Oasis did a fan club gig there in the summer if not then how about the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff), but also Ireland, Spain, Italy, Scandanavia, The Netherlands, Croatia..so many possibilities!!

(I'm ducking the politics, I work in it and I have a degree in it, don't want to spend my free time discussing it :lol: )
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii.