Where to Authenticate Signatures (Pearl Jam Drum Head)

__GivenToFly____GivenToFly__ Posts: 57
edited November 2009 in The Porch
I have a Drum Head (think that's what you call it) and it was supposedly signed by all the members of Pearl Jam, it came with an Authenticity Paper, but doesn't look to be ligit. I looked up the signatures and they seem good, but I would like to get it authenticated. Any suggestiosn of reputable places? either internet or Northern NJ / NYC area.

Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    ipost a pic.... alot of people on here can tell off the bat....AND i think you can send a pic to 10C and they can help you out also.......... i just got an autograph myself... and i know its 100% real ...i could compare it to mine
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    http://www.psadna.com/

It will cost you $100 for the whole band, $20 any individual member of PJ, and they can Authenticate you drum head
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Mr DerpMr Derp Posts: 319
    Cool site...
  • Here ya go... Please let me know what you guys think and if I can send it to the TEN CLUB to check out. I just want to know for myself, if the majority says YEA then I won't get it authenticate as long as I know.

http://www.ilark.net/IMG_1072.JPG
    ML19768 wrote:
    Here ya go... Please let me know what you guys think and if I can send it to the TEN CLUB to check out. I just want to know for myself, if the majority says YEA then I won't get it authenticate as long as I know.

meeh i'm not an expert but it looks kind of weird :oops:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Agreed. Esp. the EV, which isn't usually so...huge.
    Mr Derp wrote:
    Agreed. Esp. the EV, which isn't usually so...huge.

well eddie's signature has chance over the years, the E V "were" huge long time ago, but still looks kind of funny :oops:
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Maybe I will PSA it then, if it's worthless i'll trash it no point in keeping it.... I received it as a gift about 4 years ago and my friend at the time didn't tell me where it was purchased or how much she paid.
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    No need to send that to PSA/DNA. It looks to be a terrible forgery. In fact I would say 100% fake. I have over 100 examples that I use to authenticate Pearl Jam sigs, and I have been examining autographs for 20 years. (mostly baseball, but still I have quite a bit of time invested in it.)

Wait for others on this board to ring in as well. We have quite a few people knowledgeable about Pearl Jam signatures and you can get a consensus.

Also Santos lil halper looks these things over for the 10 Club.
    Save your $100.00 and send it to him.

Then you can beat on this thing with sticks and feel a little bit better.
  • Wilds wrote:
    No need to send that to PSA/DNA. It looks to be a terrible forgery. In fact I would say 100% fake. I have over 100 examples that I use to authenticate Pearl Jam sigs, and I have been examining autographs for 20 years. (mostly baseball, but still I have quite a bit of time invested in it.)

Wait for others on this board to ring in as well. We have quite a few people knowledgeable about Pearl Jam signatures and you can get a consensus.

Also Santos lil halper looks these things over for the 10 Club.
    Save your $100.00 and send it to him.

Then you can beat on this thing with sticks and feel a little bit better.

Thanks! How can i get SANTOS to take a look? I know he's always posting, but is he reading??

And instead of beating it with a stick, I'll find her and beat her w/ a stick.. HAHA
    Not sure how the process goes. I just know it happens, cause I've been involved in a half dozen of these types of threads.

Perhaps find a Santos post and PM him? That should work.
  • 100% FAKE sorry to also confirm what others have said already, but it is indeed not authentic...
  • pjammer92 wrote:
    100% FAKE sorry to also confirm what others have said already, but it is indeed not authentic...

Can you elaborate on why? I've seen a lot of different versions of their signatures and celebrities signatures in general, but from everyone's input I am now leaning toward giving it to my dog to play with...

Thanks everyone for your input!
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    I'm really sorry man but thats definitely a fake.

Not one of those looks like the real thing.

But to be double sure, send it via an attachment to an email to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@tenclub.com">info@tenclub.com</a><!-- e --> or pm it to Santos, and he'll do a quick once over for you...

but genuinely, that looks awful. No difference in pen pressures, same colour pen, in fact same pen, and the vedder looks nothing like unless it was a 95 signature...Mikes is too neat, and jeffs? what is that?

The dog is in for a treat
  • coachchriscoachchris Posts: 749
    edited November 2009
    Hate to agree with everyone else, but of all the signatures around here for the past 5 years or so, none of yours are even remotely close :(

I have an autographed towel from Ed and I've seen his change over the years but don't look anything like the one you've presented.

Sorry... :cry:
    Post edited by coachchris on
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,548
    ML19768 wrote:
    Here ya go... Please let me know what you guys think and if I can send it to the TEN CLUB to check out. I just want to know for myself, if the majority says YEA then I won't get it authenticate as long as I know.

Who's sig is that @ 3 o' clock?
    I was wondering who is at 3:00 as well.

Good point about pen pressure, too.
    demetrios wrote:
    ML19768 wrote:

that's Phil Collins signature after he played the drums in RVM
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

demetrios wrote:
    ML19768 wrote:

Sadly that is supposed to be Mike McCready.

Of all the fake sigs on the drum head that one is the worst.
  • So who wants a toy for their dog ? ? ? hahaha...
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,906
    ML19768 wrote:
    Maybe I will PSA it then, if it's worthless i'll trash it no point in keeping it.... I received it as a gift about 4 years ago and my friend at the time didn't tell me where it was purchased or how much she paid.

needless to say, Wilds and pdalowsky are right on the money as usual. it's unfortunate your friend purchased these worthless signatures, but it's the thought that counts i suppose. i would suggest you don't sink any more funds into the item by having it "authenticated" as the free authentication you've received here is sound.

one simple rule to remember when buying signed items: buyer beware.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Definitely fake. Sorry.
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    I'm sorry that you are hearing the bad news here...but it was nice of everyone to help out.

And Wilds is right - Santos would be willing to give you an answer if he could.

I, too, got the bad news AFTER purchasing a signed guitar years ago for hubby as a xmas present.

I was really bummed out when Santos told me it was fake... but to this day never told hubby. He used to play the shit out of that guitar (his first owned guitar) until my mom gave him a rare Strats guitar to play with (she claims it wasn't a gift, but to borrow...oh well).

I just don't have the heart to tell him....but it was a lot of $$ wasted and the guy lied to me over and over that it was real, despite what i told him that some folks thought it might have been a fake. He kept assuring me over and over that he wouldn't lie to me and do this sort of thing.

Never again after that. I know folks feel signatures is worth a lot of money and mean something.... but to me, really.... it means nothing unless it was done in person - and that person wants to sign it, with no pressure.

Again, i'm really sorry. :( i know how you feel!

Let this be a lesson for others to double check before purchasing.
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,548
    Wilds wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    ML19768 wrote:

Sadly that is supposed to be Mike McCready.

Of all the fake sigs on the drum head that one is the worst.

Mike's? blink.gif
    The signature is a swirl of w's!