Ed,Jeff,Stone,Mike,Matt,Boom.....

2»

Comments

• your also thankful for the fact you are a better song writer than stone...........right? (no your never gonna live that down)

:)

Oh Erik...no you didn't. :cry:
  • Howard Zinn on Thanksgiving

- As Americans, “We celebrate the wrong things.”

Veteran’s Day is too often celebrated with a love of war and militarism. Columbus Day is often thought of (if at all) with reverence for Christopher Columbus’ mythic heroism along with a so-called “spirit of discovery” he and many like him represented ­— which was, in reality, the unleashing of mass genocide, disease and European imperialism upon the land that would become America.

In this sense, Thanksgiving (or “thanks-taking,” as a friend of mine refers to it) is the all-American holiday. But instead of the usual mass gluttony and mindless consumerism, this Thanksgiving we should try to understand what the coming of the Puritans and other white Europeans meant for the indigenous populations of North America (and what it still means today for indigenous peoples all over the world, from Palestine to our regional neighbors, the Tohono O’odham people): extermination, displacement and ongoing repression.

Then perhaps we can think about what each of us can do to transform meaningless waste and mediocrity into meaningful change and social creativity.

I used to respect Howard till i realized he is a left gate keeper.......but he speaks a lot of truth & i agree with him on certain things.....but the Indians were slaughtering each other before the Europeans came to America....not that i see that as justification for genocide....but it's not about white mans guilt so much as it's about mans inhumanity towards man...color shouldn't matter with regards to respect for human life.

most of our holidays are based on bullshit.....i just find the positive part of it (if there is any) and embrace it...i believe in being thankful for what i have instead of bitching about what i don't have...most of the time anyway. ;):lol:

and here is another one....I AM THANKFUL FOR 10/30/2009!!! ONE OF THE BEST NIGHTS OF MY LIFE!!!! what an amazing fucking show that was!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D
  • your also thankful for the fact you are a better song writer than stone...........right? (no your never gonna live that down)

oh i most certainly did!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

(you need to know the whole thing started when i said i could write better lyrics than Stone wrote on "Your Flames"....and i stand by that shit 100%!!!!!!!!) 8-)

oh i most certainly did!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

(you need to know the whole thing started when i said i could write better lyrics than Stone wrote on "Your Flames"....and i stand by that shit 100%!!!!!!!!) 8-)

So you just meant Your Flames? That makes me sad but I still love you. :P
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    and here is another one....I AM THANKFUL FOR 10/30/2009!!! ONE OF THE BEST NIGHTS OF MY LIFE!!!! what an amazing fucking show that was!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

HELL YEAH! I'm thankful for that! I'm not American and I'm mostly thankful for a 4 day weekend ;), but Philly 3 was the best friggin' show EVER! :D
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.

• So you just meant Your Flames? That makes me sad but I still love you. :P

yup...i have a lyrical gift...runs in the fam...got it from my pops.....i can drop some serious shit....and Your Flames just can't hang! :mrgreen::mrgreen:8-)8-) Stone kicks my ass to china and back on the guitar though! :lol::lol:

and i mean.....go listen to Your Flames...i'm sure at least 1/2 the people on here could write better lyrics! :mrgreen:
  • and i mean.....go listen to Your Flames...i'm sure at least 1/2 the people on here could write better lyrics! :mrgreen:

Oh stop it! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:;)
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743

I used to respect Howard till i realized he is a left gate keeper.......but he speaks a lot of truth & i agree with him on certain things.....but the Indians were slaughtering each other before the Europeans came to America....not that i see that as justification for genocide....

At the risk of making this "moving train-ish" - yes, I agree that some Indians were killing each other... but not ALL tributes were practicing that.

They still had their life and culture, language and all that.... and we got our way by manipulating them into getting what we wanted before we killed them. :(
    but it's not about white mans guilt so much as it's about mans inhumanity towards man...

I totally agree, but it should not be ignored that white men did a lot of horrible and unimaginable things and not written in history, how we REALLY became as America as a country.
    ...color shouldn't matter with regards to respect for human life.

No it doesn't, but again... history is important. :P Don't forget the slaves.... did you know that our precious and darling George Washington had one of his slaves' teeth pulled out so that he could have fake teeth? Huh-huh.
    .\\
    most of our holidays are based on bullshit.....i just find the positive part of it (if there is any) and embrace it...i believe in being thankful for what i have instead of bitching about what i don't have...most of the time anyway. ;):lol:

Agreed 100%. :mrgreen:

Happy Thankstaking!

Ciao!

EDIT: Thought you might like this video. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyU_z9p9Dho
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII