Europe '10 Not Just Festivals Thread....

IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
edited November 2009 in The Porch
OK, so we get to see PJ next year!!!!! How good!!!!!!

But please....

NOT JUST FESTIVALS.

They're expensive and for some,like me, just not a lot of fun.

So....

Please play regular shows.....

Hell, Colston Hall in Bristol would be a good place to start!
Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    Amen to that! Festivals are too expensive, too many shit bands, piss beer and food and no intimacy. 2 nights at Glasgow Barrowlands and maybe one at the SECC please and thank you :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,591
    Yeah PJ, and bring Bad Religion with you :D
    I will swallow poison
  • veddertown wrote:
    Amen to that! Festivals are too expensive, too many shit bands, piss beer and food and no intimacy. 2 nights at Glasgow Barrowlands and maybe one at the SECC please and thank you :D

Have to agree, 2000 the last time in Glasgow (thats too long!!) :mrgreen: and Scotland have awesome crowds too!!!
    Glasgow 00, Dublin 06, Lisbon 06, Lisbon 06, Munich 07, London 07, New York 08, New York 08, Manchester 09, London 09, Dublin 10, Belfast 10, London 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 12, Manchester 12, Berlin 12, Berlin 12, Amsterdam 14, Amsterdam 14, Berlin 14, Leeds 14,
  • im in for both..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    I agree 110% with this...festivals aren't nearly as enjoyable!
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    :idea: Northern Ireland please - never played Belfast!! :idea:
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Yes yes ... in Europe in 2010 !!! Where you want ... festivals or not ... I'll be there !!!
    But does someone have more information about it ? Where and when will Pearl Jam play in 2010 ???
  • belfast1 wrote:

I'll support this call.

Just so long as they come on down south too so they can try out the new and improved "Point" (O2, me arse).
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Yes yes ... in Europe in 2010 !!! Where you want ... festivals or not ... I'll be there !!!
    But does someone have more information about it ? Where and when will Pearl Jam play in 2010 ???

no one knows yet. It's all vague speculation stemming from a US competition to win tickets to "a Pearl Jam show in Europe in 2010"
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    keep away from festivals - great call....
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Anywhere in the UK would be great.
    Niko80 wrote:

or rancid? they still havent really toured dominoes yet....Rancid would be so cool at a PJ show.....

lets just hope Gomez are busy
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,548
    Rossum20 wrote:
    I agree 110% with this...festivals aren't nearly as enjoyable!
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    I didn't think you people in the UK liked to admit you're part of Europe :P Totally agree about the whole "not just Festivals" call ;)

England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Santorini, Italy, Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Finland, Norway... wherever they play, I plan on being there :D
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Niko80 wrote:

or rancid? they still havent really toured dominoes yet....Rancid would be so cool at a PJ show.....

you know what...I was excıted to see Gomez at the o2...they actually have some great songs and I heard they had a decent reputatıon playıng ın concert. Boy, I sure was dısappoınted...not only dıd they choose a bunch of lame songs, they had a quıte poor stage presence. Im tellıng you rıght now Ben Harper would be the best opener we could hope for but that probably wont happen sınce they are tourıng wıth PJ now. Or the Black Keys.
    yeah its all opinion of course, but Gomez did nothing for me...

i thought over the tour they would pick up, but if anything they went the other way
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,591
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Niko80 wrote:

ok, rancid & bad religion :D maybe we can get another cover of time bomb like in 1998. Still searching for that one!!!! Need to listen to it.. anyone??
    I will swallow poison
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    hmm, not sure why the hate for festivals. I did Bonnaroo in 08 and that show was amazing. just soooooo many poeple. those monster shows are pretty cool.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    Has anyone said "Wuhlheide" yet? :mrgreen:
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
    Kloddz wrote:

that should be automatic, what a venue
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    pl07jam wrote:
    veddertown wrote:

Have to agree, 2000 the last time in Glasgow (thats too long!!) :mrgreen: and Scotland have awesome crowds too!!!

I 3rd that. :mrgreen:
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    You guys are going to get a mix of both, just like in 2007. I would guess that we will get a schedule that is almost identical to 2007 in term of logistics - with weekend festival dates with 2-3 mid week shows sandwiched in between.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Kloddz wrote:

And I'll be there again! (hopefully) :)
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • danleridanleri Posts: 497
    belfast1 wrote:

I'll support this call.

Just so long as they come on down south too so they can try out the new and improved "Point" (O2, me arse).

ahah you stole my words! I was going to say we now have a great place in Dublin, bigger and better than the ol' Point Depot... they just had to call it bleedin' O2, didn't they... Eddie won't be able to crack his old "What's the Point?" joke... eheh :-)

...but hey come on down anyway :-)
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • danleridanleri Posts: 497
    Kloddz wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Kloddz wrote:

And I'll be there again! (hopefully) :)

well I was the first to get in the arena last August so... if they come back I'll try to do my best again!
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • i dont care oe oe oe oe..ill go oe oe oe oe
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • agreed.
    and if i win that contest, please let it be for a non-festival gig.
    i like hotels. tents, not so much. ;)

:mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• ROME!!!!
    Rome '96
    Bologna '06
    Verona '06
    Pistoia '06
    Venice '07
    London '07
    Manchester '09
    Berlin '10
    Venice '10
  • agreed.
    and if i win that contest, please let it be for a non-festival gig.
    i like hotels. tents, not so much. ;)

:mrgreen:
    LIKE YOUR QUALITY... :mrgreen: