How's this for obsessed?

2»

Comments

• WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Wow! Thanks for that. What an amazing version.

How incredible would it be to have different people ring in on this thread with other songs. I don't own very many shows, only the ones I've been to, but I'd love to have complete live versions of each album with the best, or at least awesome versions of each studio song.

I tried this, but it was not easy with my 20 shows to pick from.

Anyway just some food for thought.

Thanks for the 1st one.

This release will find it's way onto my 10 Compilation for sure.
  • Wilds wrote:

How incredible would it be to have different people ring in on this thread with other songs. I don't own very many shows, only the ones I've been to, but I'd love to have complete live versions of each album with the best, or at least awesome versions of each studio song.

Thanks for the 1st one.

This would be an awesome thing to do, but I reckon pretty difficult. It took me over a year to get my hands on nearly all versions of the song, and another few months before I finally got around to listening to them all. Perhaps something a little less formal would work though.

Could you imagine if someone tried to collect every version of Evenflow? :lol:

Oh, by the way, I'm thinking of doing this again with In Hiding. I imagine most people would vote for the Vic version, but I don't know if there is a decent quality recording of that...
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    great thread man, respect sir :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    Wilds wrote:

Thanks for the 1st one.

This would be an awesome thing to do, but I reckon pretty difficult. It took me over a year to get my hands on nearly all versions of the song, and another few months before I finally got around to listening to them all. Perhaps something a little less formal would work though.

Oh, by the way, I'm thinking of doing this again with In Hiding. I imagine most people would vote for the Vic version, but I don't know if there is a decent quality recording of that...

In Hiding, nice! My vote would be Philly Oct 30th, but I'm biased. I seriously can't stop listening to it :D
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Wilds wrote:

Thanks for the 1st one.

Good points. Luckily most songs have been played less than 100 times, and those played more than 100 probably have multiple flawless versions.

Quite an endeavor either way.
  • Was the live version from the '94 Atlanta's Fox Theater in the playlist? I personally love that version the most.
    10/5/04 St. Louis
    5/3/10 Kansas City
    5/4/10 St. Louis
    8/28/10 Little Rock - EV solo w/ guests
  • nevmilesnevmiles Posts: 1,363
    I would love to do this for Corduroy . . . . but 400+ versions would be damn near impossible to track down, let alone listen to them all in a row :) I only have about 17 live versions on my iPod :roll:
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Is that the boot PJ released to everyone (like the Aussie show)? If so, That crowd was so dead.
  • saichiro15 wrote:
    Was the live version from the '94 Atlanta's Fox Theater in the playlist? I personally love that version the most.

If there is a recording of it, then it is on my playlist. :)

I do remember that one because the quality of the audio is way better than many others from the early 90's. Great version of the song!

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Is that the boot PJ released to everyone (like the Aussie show)? If so, That crowd was so dead.

Yep that's it. When I first got the boot, I was pretty disappointed in the lack of crowd energy. I chalked it up to the fact that it is in Japan (somebody on here from Japan had posted that Japanese crowds are quieter at concerts out of respect, not out of a lack of passion) and didn't listen to it for a long while thereafter.

But about 6 months later I put it on again and realized that there is something very powerful and unique about that boot. I think the fact that the crowd is so quiet makes it feel like a raw studio performance -- just the band delivering song after song as if they were alone in studio. That's something you definitely won't get on other PJ boots!

• Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,591
    Every release after 2003 doesnt sit too well with me.. I know this is a bit silly but when eddie started singing RELEASE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE instead of RELEEEEEEEEEEEEASE MEEEEEEEE, something changed. I was hugely turned off by it in the beginning, but it is growing.

One of pj's best stuido moments!
    I will swallow poison
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    My next song will be You Are. I think I'll start this project after thanksgiving.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    My next song will be You Are. I think I'll start this project after thanksgiving.

Nice :D
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • SOLAT319 wrote:

Interesting choice...I reckon there won't be too many versions of that to track down. Makes it much more feasible than most other songs. :)

• B-RyeB-Rye Posts: 130
    Does anybody have a video of the Kansas 2003 Release? It's one of my all time fav. songs live and I'd love to see that lighning

Anybody?
  • SOLAT319 wrote:

Im not 100% certain but i'm sure the version from San Diego 2006 is a great one.
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    SOLAT319 wrote:

Im not 100% certain but i'm sure the version from San Diego 2006 is a great one.

San Diego has been lucky when it comes to great versions of You Are. And I was lucky to have been able to catch 2 out of 3 appearances of that song in San Diego :D
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    nevmiles wrote:
    I would love to do this for Corduroy . . . . but 400+ versions would be damn near impossible to track down, let alone listen to them all in a row :) I only have about 17 live versions on my iPod :roll:

Montreal '00 is pretty slick.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    After listening to the Japan version and the Kansas version- I still feel that any 1995 version from australia beats \those other two versions. But that's just my opinion........... :D
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,970
    to the OP:

your page #1 megaupload link says the file is "temporarily unavailable." I'd been meaning to get it for days...but Thanksgiving got in the way :cry: .
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive wrote:
    to the OP:

your page #1 megaupload link says the file is "temporarily unavailable." I'd been meaning to get it for days...but Thanksgiving got in the way :cry: .

Looks like it's back to being available. :)

tonifig8 wrote:
    After listening to the Japan version and the Kansas version- I still feel that any 1995 version from australia beats \those other two versions. But that's just my opinion........... :D

I saw them 3 times in Australia in '95 and didn't hear Release :( Anyway, that Kansas version gave me goosebumps!
  • I was at that Kansas show. God, how it rained. Not Dublin rain. Proper fucking rain. I had a ball. That "Release" was really special.
    My Pearl Jam shows: 1 in 1995, 2 in 1998, 20 in 2003, 13 in 2006, 3 in 2007, 8 in 2008, 5 in 2009, 4 in 2010, 5 in 2012. EV: 8 in 2011, 1 in 2012. Brad: 1 in 1998, 1 in 2002.