Options

euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    It's odd I feel funny going in the new thread, this one is like a comfy pair of slippers. Looking forward to the news on Monday, but with my perpetual skintness I won't be able to go to much. Hence, I'm hanging fire on booking Bruce Springsteen tickets.
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Claireack wrote:
    It's odd I feel funny going in the new thread, this one is like a comfy pair of slippers. Looking forward to the news on Monday, but with my perpetual skintness I won't be able to go to much. Hence, I'm hanging fire on booking Bruce Springsteen tickets.

:lol: did you see my post on the previous page to this Claire?
    *dons slippers by the fireside with Claire - fancy a marshmallow?*
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    dottles wrote:
    Claireack wrote:

:lol: did you see my post on the previous page to this Claire?
    *dons slippers by the fireside with Claire - fancy a marshmallow?*

:D

I hadn't but I have now! I am sitting in front of a lovely warm fire. I'll get the hot chocolate on you get toasting! :D
  • Options
    MoemaiMoemai The Netherlands Posts: 329
    :oops:
  • Options
    Hope this won't be taken the wrong way, but isn't there something we (as Europeans, yay! :mrgreen: ) could do to make sure everyone here could attend at least one upcoming show (be it EV, PJ, Brad, whatever...) ? A kind of European BATW?

I've done it so many times in the past, bought extra tickets, even for shows I didn't go to myself. The finances can be sorted out afterwards. Or not, depending on what individual members agree on...

Again, hope this won't be taken the wrong way. :)
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    veddertown wrote:
    I was hoping for today's news to come slightly later, like after Christmas spending is out of the way but it's fantastic all the same! I need to see what this announcement brings and make some decisions as I can't tour if it conflicts with our wedding. I'm guessing this will be festival season again and London could be my "local" gig (600 miles :roll: ) I'm not 100% convinced whether we are looking at PJ or EV but I feel that it will be full band. A friend who works with a coach tour company told me he thought EV would come to Europe while Matt is moonlighting with Soundgarden but the truth will be with us next week. Maybe we'll get both!! :D Exciting times regardless!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Manchester is abit closer ;)
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    manchester,london,berlin....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Hope this won't be taken the wrong way, but isn't there something we (as Europeans, yay! :mrgreen: ) could do to make sure everyone here could attend at least one upcoming show (be it EV, PJ, Brad, whatever...) ? A kind of European BATW?

I've done it so many times in the past, bought extra tickets, even for shows I didn't go to myself. The finances can be sorted out afterwards. Or not, depending on what individual members agree on...

Again, hope this won't be taken the wrong way. :)

Dimi makes sure anyone who wants a ticket, gets one ;)
  • Options

hmmm...london? there's mixed messages about that one.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    So apart from the Isle of Wight festival are there any strong rumours?
  • Options
    dottles wrote:

i was thinking where i might go..not the shows,,lol
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,243
    dottles wrote:

The band might think the Isle of Wight is near London... :D
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    ilockyer wrote:
    dottles wrote:

The band might think the Isle of Wight is near London... :D

No interest in any festival dates. Has to be arena shows for me. Manchester would be ideal.
  • Options
    dottles wrote:

i was thinking where i might go..not the shows,,lol

the Olympic womens beach volleyball isn't on in London til August Dimitris ;)
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    i'm a little bit nervous...
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    Chrisilein wrote:
    i'm a little bit nervous...
    why?
  • Options
    No interest in any festival dates. Has to be arena shows for me. Manchester would be ideal.

Festivals are a complete no go for me as well. I don't dislike festivals, but the price of day tickets for a shortened set is too much. Isle of Wight is weekend only tickets too at the moment but for a day would likely be £80.
  • Options
    ilockyer wrote:

Festivals are a complete no go for me as well. I don't dislike festivals, but the price of day tickets for a shortened set is too much. Isle of Wight is weekend only tickets too at the moment but for a day would likely be £80.

Other acts aren't fantastic either...
  • Options
    ilockyer wrote:

This is also true. And you've got to walk miles to get in/out... fine on the way in but at the end of a long day it's the last thing you need!
  • Options
    ilockyer wrote:

This is also true. And you've got to walk miles to get in/out... fine on the way in but at the end of a long day it's the last thing you need!

If you're doing the one day thing at Werchter...it's bloody miles away to catch the shuttle bus, seriously tired feet by that time and thought I was about to cry!
  • Options
    *actively not discussing tour*

Right so who's gonna sponsor me to get a tattoo of the BHF logo?? I have my sponsor form here but as it's being run by the tattoo studio it's not an online thing. I can however send details for bank transfers if needed.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=73325472084

ANYTHING is welcome. I'll be getting it done on 18th December.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:

If you're doing the one day thing at Werchter...it's bloody miles away to catch the shuttle bus, seriously tired feet by that time and thought I was about to cry!

I believe you may have mentioned this before... :D At least if you go again you'll know what to expect!
  • Options
    redladyredlady Posts: 602
    They are going to announce new names this week for Rock Werchter...so maybe ??? :roll:
    Pukkelpop '95 Neil Young with Pearl Jam without EV
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options

Right so who's gonna sponsor me to get a tattoo of the BHF logo?? I have my sponsor form here but as it's being run by the tattoo studio it's not an online thing. I can however send details for bank transfers if needed.

Count me in :D
  • Options
    dottles wrote:

Count me in :D

Thank you lovely xx
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    ilockyer wrote:

I'm liking Isle of Wight lineup so far....so I'm entertaining the idea of going if PJ get confirmed. But it's also dependant on what other dates there are. But thats the only festival I'd go, I'd much rather PJ do their own shows
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    hmm..if they play manchester..cant play london hard calling...cos its a festival the last ones,that means has the exclucive rights for the country and band cant play at the same country more shows than the festival..
  • Options
    hmm..if they play manchester..cant play london hard calling...cos its a festival the last ones,that means has the exclucive rights for the country and band cant play at the same country more shows than the festival..

Dimitris, luckily Hard Rock Calling does not do the whole exclusive headliners thing. :D They leave that for the likes of Reading and Download.

Isle of Wight and Hard Rock are sharing Bruce Springsteen as headliners, so it could happen. Would point to a much longer tour than I think any of us are expecting as they'd be over for 3-4 weeks.
  • Options
    ilockyer wrote:

Dimitris, luckily Hard Rock Calling does not do the whole exclusive headliners thing. :D They leave that for the likes of Reading and Download.

Isle of Wight and Hard Rock are sharing Bruce Springsteen as headliners, so it could happen. Would point to a much longer tour than I think any of us are expecting as they'd be over for 3-4 weeks.
    nice :D
  • Options
    maybe i rename this thread to "euro fans" :mrgreen: