euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• sliver wrote:

I hope it won't be a festival-only-related tour :( :(
    i hope too
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Jennytree wrote:
    He only said it in the UK, he was quite optimistic at most of the other Euro shows.

Ed also talks a lot of shite sometimes too :lol:
    but in Rotterdam and Berlin said next year and next tour,so always say mixed things,,and all the interviews thatt band do looks the same..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • jennytree wrote:
    Ed also talks a lot of shite sometimes too
    Like the two weeks of club shows he promised Ireland 16 years ago :roll:
    i think is the wine he drinks...make him say whatever comes in mind :lol:
  • jennytree wrote:
    Ed also talks a lot of shite sometimes too
    Like the two weeks of club shows he promised Ireland 16 years ago :roll:
    i think is the wine he drinks...make him say whatever comes in mind :lol:
    I think you're right - he was undeniably hammered when he said it....
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • danleridanleri Posts: 497
    i want that wine ..what was it

usually Ed drinks Pinot Noir... but whatever wine it is, it seems to be working just fine :-)
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • alesekalesek Posts: 809
    taht English wine in O2 must have been really wierd then ! At least it gives us indication how serious were his comments on their next visit.... :)
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • danleri wrote:
    i want that wine ..what was it

usually Ed drinks Pinot Noir... but whatever wine it is, it seems to be working just fine :-)
    like beers in pubs do their work in Dublin ;)
  • OlivavuOlivavu Posts: 1,683
    Vedder said that they wouldn't be back in England "for quite some time" at the o2 in August.

I reckon this European tour will exclude England, on that basis.

Well, that's if he was telling the truth and not setting us up for a surprise...fingers crossed...
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,049
    Jennytree wrote:
    He only said it in the UK, he was quite optimistic at most of the other Euro shows.

He's got previous for this....and anyway 9 months is a long time......hell it takes a baby this long to grow.

throw in the fact that believe or not some dates this year didnt sell out, yet the 02 show sold out in 9 or 17 minutes or something......make up your own mind
  • Olivavu wrote:
    Vedder said that they wouldn't be back in England "for quite some time" at the o2 in August.

Well, that's if he was telling the truth and not setting us up for a surprise...fingers crossed...
    Rotterdam said see u in a year.
    Berlin said u help us to choose plce for next tour
    Philly 4 i think it was.said this is the End of 1st part of new album tour,,seems so difficult that they do backspacer tour after alot of time,,so 2010 we are on,,and Europe is the biggest market after USA
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

He's got previous for this....and anyway 9 months is a long time......hell it takes a baby this long to grow.

throw in the fact that believe or not some dates this year didnt sell out, yet the 02 show sold out in 9 or 17 minutes or something......make up your own mind
    Rotterdam was the first goes sold out..the ones who thinks twice to buy or not Rotterdam tickets was late..
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,049
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

Rotterdam was the first goes sold out..the ones who thinks twice to buy or not Rotterdam tickets was late..

i think you are referring to tenclub Dimitris, I'm talking a total sellout...and rotterdam came back on sale too
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Back from uni, weekend has now started, tomorow we get news aparantly LOL? monster magnet + karma to burn on sat, aic on sunday, aic on monday, yeaaah!
  • ChazzChazz Posts: 1,135
    Olivavu wrote:

:( :( I hope your wrong about excluding England
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Brisk. wrote:
    Back from uni, weekend has now started, tomorow we get news aparantly LOL? monster magnet + karma to burn on sat, aic on sunday, aic on monday, yeaaah!

Monster Magnet are awesome.

Dinosaur Vacume :D
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
    Brisk. wrote:

SPACELORD MOTHERFUCKERS!
  • PakaPaka Posts: 471
    Olivavu wrote:

actually Eddie said that they wouldn't be back in Europe for quite some time, not just England..I remember that moment really well and I can actually hear my boo on the bootleg.. :oops:

Eddie is obviously saying a lot of crap on stage...the longer he's on it, the more hammered he is, the better he's singin and rocking and the more of that crap he's saying.. ;)
    the only you can find out if it's true is to actually go to more than just one show and kinda analize what he said in each show...that's good tactics..
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Well, it's been over 3 years since PJ last set foot in Dublin. The last time they played, the Point sold out in minutes and left half a nation gutted! After the France debacle and the budget coming up, I don't think we could handle another disappointment.

So, Pearl Jam, for the nation of Ireland, do a month long residency in a venue of your choice in Ireland.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    i think you are referring to tenclub Dimitris, I'm talking a total sellout...and rotterdam came back on sale too
    ys i was refering to 10c tickets
  • Brisk. wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

SPACELORD MOTHERFUCKERS!
    :lol::lol:
  • Jennytree wrote:
    Well, it's been over 3 years since PJ last set foot in Dublin. The last time they played, the Point sold out in minutes and left half a nation gutted! After the France debacle and the budget coming up, I don't think we could handle another disappointment.

So, Pearl Jam, for the nation of Ireland, do a month long residency in a venue of your choice in Ireland.
    i think in ireland must be fast to get a ticket :D
  • i may be mistaken but was there some sort of contractual ban on individual gigs in the UK in 2006 (Astoria apart) because of the Reading and Leeds festivals ? Would playing Hyde Park this year mean no individual UK gigs ?
  • Funny thing Jen is you're right, they could easily sell out a residency. Although they're not that kinda band, a 4 night run in the O2 like the October run in the Spectrum should suffice! It's gonna be horrific though when the 1 gig is announced, it will sellout once again in under 5 minutes. Nevermind the hardcores, there is an unbelievable amount of new 'I love Jeremy and Alive therefore I love PJ' minions here since the boys' last visit in 06. I can only say thank the Lord for 10c.

Which leads me to my question Jen, or anyone. The only show I used 10c to buy tickets through so far was Berlin in August, but ended up not going. Where roughly can one expect to find himself at an arena show in Europe with 10c tickets? GA would be awesome.
    stankratz wrote:
    Funny thing Jen is you're right, they could easily sell out a residency. Although they're not that kinda band, a 4 night run in the O2 like the October run in the Spectrum should suffice! It's gonna be horrific though when the 1 gig is announced, it will sellout once again in under 5 minutes. Nevermind the hardcores, there is an unbelievable amount of new 'I love Jeremy and Alive therefore I love PJ' minions here since the boys' last visit in 06. I can only say thank the Lord for 10c.

Which leads me to my question Jen, or anyone. The only show I used 10c to buy tickets through so far was Berlin in August, but ended up not going. Where roughly can one expect to find himself at an arena show in Europe with 10c tickets? GA would be awesome.

Didn't The Who and R.E.M. do a residency ? Wouldn't be suprised if Eddie or the guys wanted to try something like that :D
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    stankratz wrote:
    Funny thing Jen is you're right, they could easily sell out a residency. Although they're not that kinda band, a 4 night run in the O2 like the October run in the Spectrum should suffice! It's gonna be horrific though when the 1 gig is announced, it will sellout once again in under 5 minutes. Nevermind the hardcores, there is an unbelievable amount of new 'I love Jeremy and Alive therefore I love PJ' minions here since the boys' last visit in 06. I can only say thank the Lord for 10c.

you can get GA in the rest of europe as far as i know
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Olivavu wrote:

they are doing 9 nights in Scotland... so you can come up here... leave your shandy at the border though. :thumbup:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Brisk. wrote:
    stankratz wrote:

Didn't The Who and R.E.M. do a residency ? Wouldn't be suprised if Eddie or the guys wanted to try something like that :D

Yeah R.E.M. did a 5 night run in Summer 07 and released it as Live at The Olympia. They gigs were plugged as 'working rehearsals'. I'd certainly take that from the boys, Vicar Street would be the perfect place to play something like Strangest Tribe for the first time :idea:

Mike: Guys lets do something different for the next tour, I'm POed rehearsing in Matt's garage.
    Stone: But if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Ed (in background): Yeah, yeah, yeah
    Kelly Curtis: Why don't you guys REM it in Ireland? But not in that dump the Olympia.
    Jeff: I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
    Stone: Isn't it a little inhabitable there that time of year?
    Kelly Curtis: Maybe, but the waves will be fierce, euros are worth a fortune in dollars, there will be no shortage of fans as Dublin is no more than a 3 hour flight from most of Europe. Plus you don't have to drive too far in any direction to be in the complete middle of nowhere away from prying eyes, sorta like Montana.
    Jeff: Cool, I'm in.
    Ed: Well make it happen.
    Matt (in background): That was 5 decafs, right guys?
    :mrgreen:

I'm going nuts, I need tour dates.
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I'm gonna punch Kelly Curtis for calling The Olympia a dump :evil:

Stankrats - that was hilarious btw :lol:
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • dunkman wrote:
    Olivavu wrote:

they are doing 9 nights in Scotland... so you can come up here... leave your shandy at the border though. :thumbup:

Sounds good to me mate. :D
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates