The Day Unthought Known..

2»

Comments

• so youre liking the album a little more now?

Well it's the best song on the album (aside of Got Some) and it by far has the most mainstream appeal.

I'm still not a huge fan of the record (I love the speed of sound demo, but the album version is terrible) but I like 3 or 4 songs now instead of just Got Some. Guess it just takes time.

Although some songs will never come around (Supersonic, Gonna See My Friend, Johnny Guitar) the rest of the album is decent.

Still like Riot Act better! ;)

Yes, I'll have to agree, at least partially.

I like Riot Act better as well. But, I still think you should give Backspacer even more time. No, it isn't the best record they've ever done but it certainly isn't the worst. (I don't think any of them could really be considered "the worst") ....but yeah, give it more time. Seems like you like a few already. I'd be interested to know what the other 2 or 3 songs that you like are....besides Got Some and Unthought Known.
  • Hey Dewie Cox, three words, YOU! DO! BETTER! Until then, two words, and I think you know what they are.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Hey Dewie Cox, three words, YOU! DO! BETTER! Until then, two words, and I think you know what they are.

Fucking stupid, the post that is.

I make no claim that I am a better songwriter than the fellas in PJ, but I don't think it would be that hard to write a song "better" than UK.
  • i dont really care for the song as much as most people here, but it sounded great on ACL a few nights ago.

i got it stuck in my head that the beginning sounds like the intro music to an 80s sitcom. can't get that image out of my head. :(
  • DewieCox wrote:
    Hey Dewie Cox, three words, YOU! DO! BETTER! Until then, two words, and I think you know what they are.

I make no claim that I am a better songwriter than the fellas in PJ, but I don't think it would be that hard to write a song "better" than UK.
    dude you know you can only dislike a song if you can write a better one! i saw Matrix Reloaded yesterday on cable, and as shitty and awful as i wanted to think that movie was, i realized i didnt have 100 million dollars laying around to make a better movie, so i had to admit it was a great film worthy of an oscar.
  • DewieCox wrote:
    left the porch wrote:

dude you know you can only dislike a song if you can write a better one! i saw Matrix Reloaded yesterday on cable, and as shitty and awful as i wanted to think that movie was, i realized i didnt have 100 million dollars laying around to make a better movie, so i had to admit it was a great film worthy of an oscar.

Critic's, whether porfessional or just loser's like these guys, have no right whatsoever to make absurd claims such as you two morons. You don't think it would be that hard to write a song better that UK, than do it! Stop wasting your time on these posts and go write it. And you need more than money to make movies or music, you also need talent, which neither of you have a tiny bit of.

So shut up!
  • DewieCox wrote:
    left the porch wrote:

Critic's, whether porfessional or just loser's like these guys, have no right whatsoever to make absurd claims such as you two morons. You don't think it would be that hard to write a song better that UK, than do it! Stop wasting your time on these posts and go write it. And you need more than money to make movies or music, you also need talent, which neither of you have a tiny bit of.

So shut up!
    ridiculous
  • i tell you what, since no one here can write or play music nearly as well as Pearl Jam, lets just ban all opinions of their songs, both positive and negative. i mean, none of us here have the talent or time to make their music, so we can't logically judge it for ourselves.

i now have a completely neutrtal opinion of all their songs! Pearl Jam is so adequate!
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    I definitely think of all the songs on BS, it will be the largest radio hit. Not sure about platinum, but I think it would be the most successful single hands down.

I am VERY surprised to be hearing The Fixer, Got Some, Force of Nature and Just Breathe on the radio and not Unthought Known. VERY surprised. :o
  • MrSmith wrote:
    i tell you what, since no one here can write or play music nearly as well as Pearl Jam, lets just ban all opinions of their songs, both positive and negative. i mean, none of us here have the talent or time to make their music, so we can't logically judge it for ourselves.

i now have a completely neutrtal opinion of all their songs! Pearl Jam is so adequate!

There is nothing "logical" about judging anyone's art.

• so youre liking the album a little more now?

Well it's the best song on the album (aside of Got Some) and it by far has the most mainstream appeal.

I'm still not a huge fan of the record (I love the speed of sound demo, but the album version is terrible) but I like 3 or 4 songs now instead of just Got Some. Guess it just takes time.

Although some songs will never come around (Supersonic, Gonna See My Friend, Johnny Guitar) the rest of the album is decent.

Still like Riot Act better! ;)

Yes, I'll have to agree, at least partially.

I like Riot Act better as well. But, I still think you should give Backspacer even more time. No, it isn't the best record they've ever done but it certainly isn't the worst. (I don't think any of them could really be considered "the worst") ....but yeah, give it more time. Seems like you like a few already. I'd be interested to know what the other 2 or 3 songs that you like are....besides Got Some and Unthought Known.

Just Breathe and The Fixer (I loved hearing The Fixer live in Chicago, it was a really solid song live)

Still think Got Some is their heaviest song since the turn of the century, I would love to heard a young Eddie Vedder scream it.
  • I love the song, but i think it starts too slow for the short attention spans of radio listeners
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Ageed, it's not a radio hit, but that's because it's too good. Radio is for people who need thier music spoon fed. PJ's music is too beautiful and pure and intelligent to reach the masses, because the masses are, for the most part, void of independent thinking.
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I saw them play it on Sunday, It was purely magic. Awesome song.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014