Can someone burn me a DVD of ACL?

WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,987
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Hopefully, this request isn't a violation of the dreaded Rule Number Nine :shock: . If so.....sorry; lock it; please don't ban me.

I'm going to VHS tonight's show (old school). I don't have DVR capabilities but I think (not sure) that if you DVR something, it can then be burned to a disc. If so, I'd love to get a PM from someone who would be willing to hook me up.

Again, if this is forbidden, sorry! I read the rules and really couldn't tell where trading a public TV show would fall. :think: :think:
If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
VIC 07
EV LA1 08
Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
Columbus 10
EV LA 11
Vancouver 11
Missoula 12
Portland 13, Spokane 13
St. Paul 14, Denver 14
Philly I & II, 16
Denver 22
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• imalive wrote:
    ...but I think (not sure) that if you DVR something, it can then be burned to a disc.

Yes, it can. I do it all the time.
  • OkOk Posts: 2,144
    imalive wrote:
    ...but I think (not sure) that if you DVR something, it can then be burned to a disc.

Hey Biggest Wave - I've been trying to figure this out for MONTHS - do you need to purchase/download software??? Would you mind sharing easiest way to accomplish this?? :D:D:D:D:D
  • OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    imalive wrote:

Unless it is encrypted. I do it all the time too, but I went to burn a DMB concert for my wife and couldn't.
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    Ok wrote:
    imalive wrote:

Hey Biggest Wave - I've been trying to figure this out for MONTHS - do you need to purchase/download software??? Would you mind sharing easiest way to accomplish this?? :D:D:D:D:D

I have a dvd recorder hooked up to the tv. Can't get any easier than that.
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Ok wrote:
    imalive wrote:

I don't do anything special.

Cable in to DVR
    >DVD Recorder (set to Ch 3)
    >TV

That's it. I record to DVR and then replay it while I record from the DVD recorder.
    I can also record streaming, but usually do not.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,615
    Mine will be a PBS Digital Cable > XP 1 hour Verbatim DVD-R > you! :)
  • OkOk Posts: 2,144
    Ok wrote:

I don't do anything special.

Cable in to DVR
    >DVD Recorder (set to Ch 3)
    >TV

That's it. I record to DVR and then replay it while I record from the DVD recorder.
    I can also record streaming, but usually do not.

Got it. Yeah, I haven't even been thinking about getting a dvd recorded since I'm already paying for DVR, but that seems like a pretty easy option.
  • Ok wrote:
    Got it. Yeah, I haven't even been thinking about getting a dvd recorded since I'm already paying for DVR, but that seems like a pretty easy option.

They are so cheap nowadays. You can get a decent one for around $50
  • how about a torrent upload? the res on the video from pbs's website sucks
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Are you allowed? because if so send one over this way! ;)
  • I'll pay.. where do i send money.
  • nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    ACL sells DVDs of their shows which I'm guessing raises money for public television.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,869
    can someone tell me how to burn a DVD on my computer from my DVR?
    my DRV has a usb output, but no firewire
    nukeboot wrote:
    ACL sells DVDs of their shows which I'm guessing raises money for public television.

They do? Cause I would love to get Pearl Jam's performance on Official DVD release aswell as Becks & Flaming Lip's ACL performances!

I was able to capture last night's performance @ 4am in the morning. Digital Cable > DVDr. Also saved a copy on my PC using WinTV (Media Center PC) mpeg. Both are full screen. There's a torrent out there via HD Source to DVDR Recorder that blow's mine away!
  • demetrios wrote:
    nukeboot wrote:

They do? Cause I would love to get Pearl Jam's performance on Official DVD release aswell as Becks & Flaming Lip's ACL performances!

I was able to capture last night's performance @ 4am in the morning. Digital Cable > DVDr. Also saved a copy on my PC using WinTV (Media Center PC) mpeg. Both are full screen. There's a torrent out there via HD Source to DVDR Recorder that blow's mine away!
    Hey D... how big is that torrent? I have a 5.3 GB full HD recording (recorded from my Hauppauge HVR 1600 directly to my pc). I'm currently experimenting with ways to compress (not so good at this), my first attempt was pretty poor quality, the audio wasn't sync'd properly (but the file was 500mb). The quality of the full HD version of that file is excellent but I'm just not that good at getting the compression settings right to compress (also, I'm not sure why 60 mins of HD needs to be 5.3GB, I think the hauppauge software is terrible and the options are limited from what I can see). My current second attempt at compressing is about 80% done, looks like it will be 1GB and the quality is "so so"... the audio is sync'd ok so....

i digress.
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    I recorded it to DVD-R directly from the high def cable broadcast. I can send the OP a copy if you have not already found one
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I recorded it to DVD-R directly from the high def cable broadcast. I can send the OP a copy if you have not already found one

i don't know man...ya know, he is a giants fan ;):lol::lol:

:wave:
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    norm wrote:

i don't know man...ya know, he is a giants fan ;):lol::lol:

:wave:

a Giants fan, Norm?? :o

Never mind then. I didn't record it after all.

:D j/k ;)
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,058
    Could I get a burned copy too? One that is region free if that's even an
    issue??
    There's a few torrents now out there, DVD style. And a right click save as ...
    Austin.City.Limits.S35E08.Pearl.Jam.HDTV.XviD-DVSKY
    .. jam!

:)
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    edited November 2009
    hook a girl up with a download link. :mrgreen:

(hope i don't get in trouble for that)

thanks i'll try that demetrios.
    I'M SCARED TO!
    does that have any viruses?
    Post edited by blondieblue227 on
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

demetrios wrote:
    nukeboot wrote:

Hey D... how big is that torrent? I have a 5.3 GB full HD recording (recorded from my Hauppauge HVR 1600 directly to my pc). I'm currently experimenting with ways to compress (not so good at this), my first attempt was pretty poor quality, the audio wasn't sync'd properly (but the file was 500mb). The quality of the full HD version of that file is excellent but I'm just not that good at getting the compression settings right to compress (also, I'm not sure why 60 mins of HD needs to be 5.3GB, I think the hauppauge software is terrible and the options are limited from what I can see). My current second attempt at compressing is about 80% done, looks like it will be 1GB and the quality is "so so"... the audio is sync'd ok so....

i digress.

It's a DVD @ around 3.52 gigs. Mine digital cable feed > dvdr was around 3.48 gigs. Would love to get a copy of that .ts 5.3 gig file of the HD feed. There's a few other torrents out there on the show last night. Also a few Xvid avi files being spread in the community.
    hook a girl up with a download link. :mrgreen:

(hope i don't get in trouble for that)

thanks i'll try that demetrios.

pm sent! :)
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,987
    There are two types of folks on this board. These types:
    demetrios wrote:

It's a DVD @ around 3.52 gigs. Mine digital cable feed > dvdr was around 3.48 gigs. Would love to get a copy of that .ts 5.3 gig file of the HD feed. There's a few other torrents out there on the show last night. Also a few Xvid avi files being spread in the community.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :wtf: :wtf:

and us:
    I'M SCARED TO!

:lol::lol::lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • well i have this thing with torrents. i think they have viruses. :?
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Mmm, the torrent does not work for me... I guess the only option is the PBS website... :cry:
    Not very good quality though
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
    imalive wrote:
    There are two types of folks on this board. These types:
    demetrios wrote:

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :wtf: :wtf:

and us:
    I'M SCARED TO!

:lol::lol::lol:

d'oh! i want to be one of the scared people too! :(
    here's what i'm gonna do. cause i'm a good guy.
    know how to right click & save as?
    then check your pm for some goodies.
    okie dokie! :)
  • Any Canadians know what channel it was aired on....on Friday?? Also do you guys know if there will be an encore? I know in the US there is one on Tuesday.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,987
    demetrios wrote:

I have a Mac....no right click! :roll: :roll:

I'll figure it out, though. Thanks.....you are a good guy! :thumbup:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

I have a Mac....no right click! :roll: :roll:

I'll figure it out, though. Thanks.....you are a good guy! :thumbup:

Let me know if you got it ok.
    If all else fails, pm me your addy & i'll have a freebie HD DVD sent to you.
    It's on the house! 8-)