2010 European Tour?

July14th1993July14th1993 Posts: 19
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Hi,

I was at the O2 when Eddie said that they wouldn't be back to Europe for some considerable time which was bad news but.....having got used to the idea I was listening online to a Cleveland radio station 92.3 yesterday (friday) when they played an advert for an up and coming PJ competition with the winners getting tickets to a "twenty ten European show".

Can anyone shed any light on this please? Is there a tour in the making or have 92.3 got it wrong?

Dave
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dannydanny Posts: 2,278
    hope your are right!
    danny d
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,591
    I have heard some rumors here and there.. We'll see what happens.
    I will swallow poison
  • That'd be just awesome...so why would Eddie say that if there is another tour in the offing then?????
  • I wish this was true, but I do not think they will come back next year :? , I really hope I'm wrong... :roll:
  • well that's the same feelings I had until yesterday...maybe I'll email the radio station...results of that to follow. :evil:
  • Paul-JamPaul-Jam Posts: 136
    If they do I hope they play Frankfurt, Germany. My parents live about 10 minutes away and I won't have to pay for a hotel :D I just have to worry about the plane ticket but working for Southwest, I can get nice cheap international tickets, stand-by, but cheap none the less. :mrgreen: Nothing like heading to Europe for a nice weekend show!
    2006  July-6               Las Vegas
    2006  July-18             San Francisco 3
    2009  October-6         Los Angeles 3
    2013  November-21   San Diego
    2013  November-26   Oakland
    2014  October-22       Denver
    2016  August-5           Fenway 1
    2016  August-7           Fenway 2
    2016  November-11    Temple of The Dog- San Francisco 1
    2018  August-18         Wrigley 1
    2018  August-20         Wrigley 2
    2018  September-4     Boston 2
    2022  May-18              Sacramento...fuck covid
  • well I saw them , as my tag says, in Brixton 92/93 not quite sure. Hadn't got anywhere near seeing them again until the O2 gig. Now have the bit between my teeth again. My ten club membership had run out so was near the back and hated it. That ain't gonna happen again!!!!
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    well I saw them , as my tag says, in Brixton 92/93 not quite sure.
    '93 it is, the mystery can end right now :)

http://www.pearljam.com/show/brixton-ac ... ul-13-1993

http://www.pearljam.com/show/brixton-ac ... ul-14-1993
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • thanks...I had seen their setlists saying 93 but, you know when you think you're so sure you'd put your house keys on it....that's me....really difficult to fit that gig into 93 if you know what I mean!
  • just looked at those links again...july 14th it is...remember it well...especially beast of burden for some reason! I think that was a kind of jam while crowd,guitars,mics etc were sorted...
  • Back in the summer, when the 5 Euro shows were coming up there were some rumours that they'd tour Backspacer in Europe properly after the US tour (i.e. 2010). But I took Ed's word the the O2. I don't think they will, particularly since there's been talk of someone taking family time off to have a kid. But there have been suggestions of an EV solo tour in Europe. maybe they're referring to that?

But then again, they have to play somewhere next year. Last chance to have that line in Do the Evolution mean anything... ;)
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • ill see them on 2010..no care if its in MARS....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    it would not surprise me if you were to see them at one or more European festivals next summer
    Id guess they will tour the states early-late spring
    and do festivals after

And I think its likely they may hit asia or south america before early next year before touring the states

but that is all just masturbatory speculation :D
  • Get_Right wrote:
    it would not surprise me if you were to see them at one or more European festivals next summer
    Id guess they will tour the states early-late spring
    and do festivals after

And I think its likely they may hit asia or south america before early next year before touring the states

but that is all just masturbatory speculation :D
    i like the program... :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I really hope they come back next year to Europe .

I was gutted whenEd sed they won't be back for a while. :cry:
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    just looked at those links again...july 14th it is...remember it well...especially beast of burden for some reason! I think that was a kind of jam while crowd,guitars,mics etc were sorted...
    That July 14th show looked amazing! Especially compared to the 13th...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC

well then i guess Pluto is out of the question ;)

well then i guess Pluto is out of the question ;)
    :D
  • FeiracoFeiraco Posts: 255
    With regards to touring in general, I've read in an Australian article:

"The band have already indicated they won’t be touring at all next year, which means Australia are only a handful of countries that will get to see them play live this time around".

But Vedder touring in 2010, possibly in Europe, sounds quite logical to me. The boys came back together to produce the Backspacer cd, gave some dozens of shows in 2009, and could take a year off again. In the mean time, the fans will be entertained with some official and unofficial releases including the Rock Band game.

Vedder could take his family and entourage for a month touring in Europe, for example. Wouldn't be too much of an interference in a year off.
    Rotterdam 2000 (CANCELLED) | Arnhem 2006 | Rotterdam 2009 | Berlin 2009 | Arras 2010 | Amsterdam-1 2012 | Amsterdam-2 2012 | EV Amsterdam-1 2012 | EV Amsterdam-2 2012 | Amsterdam-1 2014 | Amsterdam-2 2014 | EV Amsterdam-2 2017 | EV Amsterdam-3 2017
  • Mono77Mono77 Posts: 76
    Come on, and what about South America?! I think we deserve a tour down here... And there are some rumors of pearl jam coming here in 2010.

"As for touring, the band is doing a "little thing in the States," and is looking to play South America in 2010, McCready said."

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/pea ... 1625.story
    I’ll never suck satan’s dick... = P
  • Mono77 wrote:
    Come on, and what about South America?! I think we deserve a tour down here... And there are some rumors of pearl jam coming here in 2010.

"As for touring, the band is doing a "little thing in the States," and is looking to play South America in 2010, McCready said."

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/pea ... 1625.story

I hope that too my friend!!!! ARRIBA PEARL JAM!!!
    From Montevideo, Uruguay.
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    its clear that there all fucking with us, maybe eddie meant that they wouldnt be coming back to england next year, or maybe a year is a long time, or as i said maybe he was just fucking with us, ireland better a get a fucking show.... just listend to fuck me in the brain so im a bit on edge haha
  • satansbed wrote:
    its clear that there all fucking with us, maybe eddie meant that they wouldnt be coming back to england next year, or maybe a year is a long time, or as i said maybe he was just fucking with us, ireland better a get a fucking show.... just listend to fuck me in the brain so im a bit on edge haha
    i dont believe a ..fuck... :lol::D
  • I just saw an ad on the cbs sports website when I was looking at some basketball scores. It looks like there will be a tour and this is the contest to win tickets.

http://www.cbsradio.com/contests/pearljambackspacer
  • MW79704 wrote:
    I just saw an ad on the cbs sports website when I was looking at some basketball scores. It looks like there will be a tour and this is the contest to win tickets.

Is this legit!? No specifics but it does state '2010 Backspacer European Tour'.

Can we start speculating locations? BUMP! :D
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • MW79704 wrote:
    I just saw an ad on the cbs sports website when I was looking at some basketball scores. It looks like there will be a tour and this is the contest to win tickets.

Really, is this legit?
    Did some body sing up for that?
    only for USA residents.... WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF !!!!???? :evil: --> well yes, this is CBS :?
    -- rafa
  • MW79704 wrote:

Enter the competition anyway!!!! :)
  • viewtopic.php?f=4&t=118456

find your seats now!!!!!
  • I'm more interested in the Tour been legit than the actual competition but yey enter anyway!!
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    On the bonny bonny banks of Loch Lomond!! A dozen Euro dates, a dozen US East coast finishing back in Seattle for 2 nights and some deluxe product to follow :D Me and the better half wanted to visit Greece in September! I smell fate!!
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12