Check out mad auction

philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Hi folks, was just browsing PJ on eBay and found this auction. Is this one of us from 10c?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pearl-Jam-Collect ... 27ad24ba42
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• wow thats crazy
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    its the same one from about a month ago as far as I can see, broken down smaller this time, you remember the one at 30k at first?
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    He would be better stripping it down and selling it all on here
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    no way is that worth 7k
    I thought it sounded steep but as I dont have many collectors items I was not sure
    IMO its all about the sigs....

its definitely steep, and will be hard to find anyone willing to lay that cash down for a bunch of sigs, most folk just want the sigs once
    I saw one the other day for the entire 2003 bootlegs, it was at about $750 which I was having a think about but decided against
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    and PJ autographs are not worth much IMHO unless you got them yourself-never trust an autograph seller

posters are mostly 2003 and later
    vinyls are not rare
    most of those boots can be found elsewhere

I just dont see how that adds up to $7k
    Yer having a further look at it, there is not all that much thats so rare. And whats the thing about 5 extra special things. It could be an empty box of Eddies ear buds :lol:
    Get_Right wrote:
    and PJ autographs are not worth much IMHO unless you got them yourself-never trust an autograph seller

posters are mostly 2003 and later
    vinyls are not rare
    most of those boots can be found elsewhere

I just dont see how that adds up to $7k

we are very much on the same page here, i dont understand how each item is worth 65 on average when the boots would never fetch that - maybe the odd one might, the promo photos fetch around 5 bucks a piece, the poster market is dead especially the binaural tour onwards (except for a few which we all know of), the t shirts are hardly desirable worn, and i had thought he was selling cds of the albums....which are never 65 bucks a piece....

its only the sigs that jhave any value if they are genuine, and people do pay good moeny for that stuff indivdually, but i cannot fathom the 7k price either.
    philthehip wrote:
    I saw one the other day for the entire 2003 bootlegs, it was at about $750 which I was having a think about but decided against

that would have been a steal, seriously. 2003 boots? full set? with stickers? you sure?
  • :o
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    pdalowsky wrote:
    philthehip wrote:

that would have been a steal, seriously. 2003 boots? full set? with stickers? you sure?

Yer, shall I keep my mouth shut and just bid on them?
    philthehip wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    philthehip wrote:

Yer, shall I keep my mouth shut and just bid on them?

yep then edit your posts above ;)
    Are you serious lol
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    imho...The only 2 things of interest to me would be the vinyl that ed drew on and the photo from the movie...Everything else is pretty easily had save the sigs, and unless I got it, I dont want to buy it....Just me.. :-)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    lot of cool stuff, but 7Gs? please.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • lot of cool stuff, but 7Gs? please.

What would be a good offer for this? It does say, or "best offer" ...
    You figure 130 pieces at 40 bucks a piece its still over 5k. hhhuuummm... I like the Signed stuff and a few posters I wouldn't mind keeping... The atlanta cd's are pretty nice- KROQ and 3 cd set are good...
    I am really interested in the Photo of Ed flipping off the camera - I once sow a rare Into the wild photo that sold for a killing .
    benfig4 wrote:
    lot of cool stuff, but 7Gs? please.

What would be a good offer for this? It does say, or "best offer" ...
    You figure 130 pieces at 40 bucks a piece its still over 5k. hhhuuummm... I like the Signed stuff and a few posters I wouldn't mind keeping... The atlanta cd's are pretty nice- KROQ and 3 cd set are good...
    I am really interested in the Photo of Ed flipping off the camera - I once sow a rare Into the wild photo that sold for a killing .

about 3k wasn't it?
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    benfig4 wrote:
    a rare Into the wild photo that sold for a killing .

That f'ng into the wild picture, i guess is the same from the ITW record, that picture is beyond awesome, but last time i saw it was for $5000 something like that and was s/# 5/10 or something like that!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    imho...The only 2 things of interest to me would be the vinyl that ed drew on and the photo from the movie...Everything else is pretty easily had save the sigs, and unless I got it, I dont want to buy it....Just me.. :-)

YodaBackpack.jpg

;)
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • arq wrote:
    benfig4 wrote:
    a rare Into the wild photo that sold for a killing .

That f'ng into the wild picture, i guess is the same from the ITW record, that picture is beyond awesome, but last time i saw it was for $5000 something like that and was s/# 5/10 or something like that!

Yeah - that's the one here's a link to an old auction. I wonder if this photo of ed flipping off the camera is a 1/1?? Because that photo only shows up in Peterson's book.
    Estimated value according to this auction is over 5k!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0420821078
  • Looks like the seller posted a message for this thread ---- LOL :D
    benfig4 wrote:
    Looks like the seller posted a message for this thread ---- LOL :D

Oh he is a comedian :lol:

Come on show yourself, who are you???? Its gotta be a 10cer because I only posted the thread today
    philthehip wrote:
    benfig4 wrote:
    Looks like the seller posted a message for this thread ---- LOL :D

Oh he is a comedian :lol:

Come on show yourself, who are you???? Its gotta be a 10cer because I only posted the thread today

Most of us were in nappies when he was rockin out to Pearl Jam :lol::lol::lol:
    He has taken it off so maybe he has seen sense