Big Bang Marathon

pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
So last night we were cleaning up the DVR and watched 3 episodes of the ever popular hilariously funny
The Big Bang Theory
and I got to thinking I bet some of my fellow PJ fans really like this show....
so do you? and want to share whatcha like? or what makes you laugh? Favorite character/ episode?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Love it!

It scares me when I know what they are talking about :shock:
    And the fact that I relate to Wolowitz, scares me
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • LOVE IT...

Only one problem... Penny is not near cute enough! :mrgreen:
  • my wife and i love this show. Sheldon is by far the funniest character on tv.

Penny not cute enough??
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
  • My prince and I try not to ever miss it. I love Sheldon, the way he talks and the faces he makes. I really like Leonard too and how he sort of cushions Sheldon from the real world. And I agree, how can Penny not be cute enough? :think:

BTW, one of our dogs is named Penny. When I call her, my prince will start knocking on the table and saying, a la Sheldon: (knock . . . knock . . . knock) Penny? (knock . . . knock . . . knock) Penny? (knock . . . knock . . . knock) Penny? :ugeek:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    it's a bit cheesey in some places but i still think its good stuff, i forgot which series i was watching, maybe should just watch em all.

• Penny not cute enough??

I kid, I kid!! I guess we need a sarcasm smiley!

TRIVIA... What is Raj's drink of choice?
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    jwhite173 wrote:

Penny not cute enough??

doesn't he order grasshoppers at the bar?? Would that be it?
  • jwhite173 wrote:

Penny not cute enough??

Dude! This --> :P is the sarcasm smiley! ;)
  • Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty
    Little ball of fur

Happy Kitty, Sleepy Kitty
    Purr, Purr, Purr....

:lol:
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I love it, who ever thought a show with four geeks would be so fuinny.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • I must be missing something, I thought the show was painful to watch
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • i love it..!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I'm a big fan of this show too
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I must be missing something, I thought the show was painful to watch
    Me too. And considering I am a massive geek it's very disappointing. The idea isn't bad, but the execution is absolutely dire. They can't act, the jokes are tired and obvious. It's atrocious comedy.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
    edited November 2009
    Most sitcoms are really bad just can't expect too much. We tried to watch Community with Chevy Chase- I was embarrassed for him- it was awful. Big Bang is really the only one for me and I love the intro song alot :D
    I think the characters are believable and endearing and I just love how they all dress- some really wild shit there :lol:
    Post edited by pandora on
  • Love this show...it's one of the funniest on TV right now
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Never miss it, Sheldon is hilarious

even just the simplist things, when Raj thought he was going to need a job, and Sheldon said something about working for him, and Raj said something like I don't know if I can work with you, and Sheldon says, FOR me
    Never miss it, Sheldon is hilarious

even just the simplist things, when Raj thought he was going to need a job, and Sheldon said something about working for him, and Raj said something like I don't know if I can work with you, and Sheldon says, FOR me
    thats one we just watched- I think the characters interact so well and the more I watch the more they seem to evolve- like I never paid a whole lot of attention to Raj but this year he seems a bit more in the fore front.
    I still have to watch the camping one the previews to that look hilarious.
    the one that was on this past week?

Yeah, you'll enjoy it.

I'm giggling now just thinking about it
  • mbangel10 wrote:
    Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty
    Little ball of fur

Purr, Purr, Purr....

Love this show!
    That song kills me how they stick it in every now and then. Is it a real song, or made up for the show?!

Sheldon is a blast. That actor is really amazing to be able to deliver some of those lines.

Everybody was fucked up in the last episode except Sheldon -- hilarious!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    mbangel10 wrote:
    Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty
    Little ball of fur

Purr, Purr, Purr....

Love this show!
    That song kills me how they stick it in every now and then. Is it a real song, or made up for the show?!

Sheldon is a blast. That actor is really amazing to be able to deliver some of those lines.

Everybody was fucked up in the last episode except Sheldon -- hilarious!
    oh you guys make it sound so good have to watch tonite- I think we have 2 on there
    hey don't know about the song though but it sure suits him :lol:
    I know and I want to say something about the end of the show but i don't want to spoil it for Pandora, but it was all too funny.

I can say this without ruining it, but the whole reason they were camping to begin with . . . well just watch the end.
  • I also really enjoyed watching Sheldon's efforts to be "compassionate" to Penny. :lol: That's when I can really appreciate how great that character is.
    I also really enjoyed watching Sheldon's efforts to be "compassionate" to Penny. :lol: That's when I can really appreciate how great that character is.
    And when he trained her with the positive reinforcement method with the chocolates- and even got her to lower her voice at the end of the show when they were thinking it was too high and annoying.
    I think they are all real good actors.
    Also when Raj and Howard end up in the tattoo parlor with the goth girls
    that was hilarious too. Do love this show
  • mbangel10mbangel10 Posts: 548
    Last night's episode may just win the award for funniest episode so far. I could not stop laughing. Even as I'm typing this one particular scene keeps popping into my head, and I'm still giggling.

Anyone else watch it last night?
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    Its brilliant, okay at times its cheesey and corny but it really is great in moments. Think the whole script thing is genius anyway.
    I'm behind the last 2 new episodes they're taped on the DVR- gotta get caught up
    The one I remember recently before holiday break I think was when Leonard's mom came to visit and she and Penny went out and got hammered I thought that one was hilarious- that Mom's really pretty funny
  • mbangel10mbangel10 Posts: 548
    pandora wrote:
    I'm behind the last 2 new episodes they're taped on the DVR- gotta get caught up
    The one I remember recently before holiday break I think was when Leonard's mom came to visit and she and Penny went out and got hammered I thought that one was hilarious- that Mom's really pretty funny

They're both great but last night's episode is truly something to behold. Sheldon's neurosis is taken to a whole new level.
  • blenderman69blenderman69 Posts: 2,104
    jwhite173 wrote:
    LOVE IT...

Only one problem... Penny is not near cute enough! :mrgreen:
    ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR EVERLOVING MIND????? she's sooo friggin hott!
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I must be missing something, I thought the show was painful to watch

Me as well...I just didn't laugh enough to come back for more.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2