opener preference

2»

Comments

• I'd die a happy man if they opened up with Release the next time I see them :D . That has to be hands down their greatest opener.
  • Jeez, about 98% of the posts are for slower openers. Guess you like some foreplay before going for the gold. :lol:
    I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club.
  • Im a fan of the slow openers:
    Long Road
    Release
    Of The Girl

But i have seen some great fast openers:
    Why Go
    Go
    Corduroy
    Betterman

I would however like to hear something to just blast me away from the start like:
    Spin The Black Circle
    Brain of J
    Lukin
    Do The Evolution
    Porch
  • release(45 shows still hve not heard it live)
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    release(45 shows still hve not heard it live)

Yikes, come with me... I'm a bit of a Release magnet ;) Are you a Wash magnet? I'm going to be following every Wash and Oceans magnet until I hear them :D

I love both the fast and slow, cause I love all the "typical" openers they use. Friggin love Why Go as an opener and Release is just sublime! The slow ones are amongst my favourite PJ songs of all times... NEED WASH AND OCEANS!!!

I have seen:
    Release x3
    Why Go x3
    Severed Hand
    Of The Girl
    Hard To Imagine
    Long Road
    Can't Keep
    Last Exit
    Even Flow
    Corduroy
    Animal
    Gonna See My Friend
    Go
    Sometimes
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • I can't think of a single song that opens a rock show better than Release. Not one. And I am including every great rock band I can think of. No one has written a song like it before, and no one will.
  • GO
    WHY GO

but the think for me is the second one.....
    and i want

ANIMAL

and why?couse after the first one the start of animal put the pussies back and the rockers in front!!!!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • GO
    WHY GO

and i want

ANIMAL

and why?couse after the first one the start of animal put the pussies back and the rockers in front!!!!!!!!!

Hope you get ANIMAL one day! We did on night 2 in Philly and I almost ripped the seat in front of me a part. It sends you into madness!! :twisted:
  • GO
    WHY GO

and i want

ANIMAL

Hope you get ANIMAL one day! We did on night 2 in Philly and I almost ripped the seat in front of me a part. It sends you into madness!! :twisted:
    already got it 3 times..Athens 06 - Rotterdam 09 - O2 London 09 ;)
    and all the times...2nd in the row :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • AWESOME DIMI....! Unfortanately I was at the back of the floor, but it didn't matter.. :D
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,484
    GO
    WHY GO

and i want

ANIMAL

They opened with Animal at my first PJ show (Finsbury Park 93) and it was a beast! There's a video of it here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8fttSHQ8T4
    Hope you get it one day my friend!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • i think Once is a good opener because, essentially, it WAS the first song they ever opened with to the public, technically and all--the first song on Ten anyway. I suppose Even Flow was the first song on mtv right? so I vote for ONCE!
  • Jeez, about 98% of the posts are for slower openers. Guess you like some foreplay before going for the gold. :lol:

That's it, exactly!
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,275
    Though i do like the slow openers,to me when they open with a song from a just released album it totally rocks like 10/30 Philly they opened with Gonna see my friend it was fucking awsome .

Like they are telling us hey here is something we are into big time we stand behind this album ,and it just kicks our asses :) ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,414
    edited November 2009

That's unbelievable! I've had it 3 times out of 11

Mine are:
    Why Go (1993)
    Sometimes (x2 - 1996 & 2000)
    Release (x3 - 1996, 2007, 2009)
    Worldwide Suicide (2006)
    Inside Job (2006)
    Long Road (x3 - 2007x2, 2009)

I NEED Oceans!!!
    Post edited by wolfamongwolves on
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • FatalFatal Posts: 821
    My openers:

Sometimes
    Corduroy

Of the Girl

Long Road

Release
    Wash

Severed Hand

Release
    Hard to Imagine

Of the Girl

If i had to rank my favorites....

Corduroy (Barrie 98)....the field was absolutely packed and it was fitting that Pearl Jam came out rocking.
    Wash (Ottawa 05)....it was raining like crazy outside, very fitting opening and a bit of a rare track.
    Release (MSG 08)....probably my alltime favorite opener. Gave me huge chills.
    Shows: Montreal 98, Barrie 98, Montreal 00, Montreal 03, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Toronto 06, Vancouver Night 1 08 (EV), Vancouver Night 2 08 (EV), MSG1 08, MSG2 08, Montreal Night 2 08 (EV), Toronto Night 1 08 (EV), Toronto 09, Hartford 11 (EV), Ottawa 11, Ottawa 16, Ottawa 22.

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,785

Man, i don't feel so bad now, as i haven't heard that open either. But, i've ONLY seen them 15 times:

Present Tense
    Wash(2X)
    Severed Hand(3X)
    Wasted Reprise
    Hard To Imagine(4X)
    Corduroy
    Animal
    Gonna See My Friend
    Why Go

I'm pretty east either way, but i HAVE to see/hear, RELEASE one of these times. And i better not have to wait 45 SHOWS> :lol:
  • Mine were:

Love Boat Captain
    Severed Hand
    Animal
  • katelliskatellis Posts: 521
    edited June 2015
    --
    Post edited by katellis on