Hello! (Again)

samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Hi everybody!!

Just wanted to say a quick hello! I'm 17 years young, and, like you, obsessed with PJ. Got into them in spring '08,and never looked back. Now I have the records, shirts, dvds, boots, etc. The only thing I've never had the experience of is a live show-- I really can't wait til my 1st PJ show thoroughly kicks my ass and blows my mind! Love this forum because usually, my response to people about my love for PJ goes something like, "You wouldn't understand," but here, you all DO understand!!! Pearl Jam's music just resonates with me on a level that I can't quite put into words.

Anyways, I was a member of the old boards as samjam (Hi anyone who remembers me!) until it became 10c only. I FINALLY joined 10c, and thus probably have the lowest 10c number on here, as my membership was processed yesterday. And that brings us to today. I look forward to spending many, many hours on these boards with all you awesome people!
PEACE, LOVE, PJ!
"Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
~not a dude~
2010: MSGx2
2012: Made In America
2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
2015: Global Citizen Festival
2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Welcome Fucker!! They will blow ur mind life, bet on that..
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Welcome welcome welcome :)

Im a young'n too so its good to see more like me :D
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    17! Thats so cute... you make me feel old and I'm only 28 ;) . I was only 10 in 1991 when Ten was released and ever since Pearl Jam have been my favourite band. Obviously at 10 I had no idea what most of the lyrics meant but the best thing about Pearl Jams music is that it speaks to everybody of all ages. As you grow up you will find that their music's meaning will change with you.
    Good luck for your future journey :mrgreen: :geek:
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • I'm a teen too and completely agree with every word in your post (minus the 10C membership stuff) :D
    Do you see the way that tree bends? Does it inspire?

I'll not lose my faith, it's an inside job today

St. Louis 5/4/10 Hope for many more!
    tinkerbell wrote:
    17! Thats so cute... you make me feel old and I'm only 28 ;) . I was only 10 in 1991 when Ten was released and ever since Pearl Jam have been my favourite band. Obviously at 10 I had no idea what most of the lyrics meant but the best thing about Pearl Jams music is that it speaks to everybody of all ages. As you grow up you will find that their music's meaning will change with you.

Oh my god I just realised that you weren't even born in 91. Now seriously I feel old!!! :ugeek:
  • tinkerbell wrote:
    tinkerbell wrote:

Oh my god I just realised that you weren't even born in 91. Now seriously I feel old!!! :ugeek:
    Ehhh Speak up little girl! :shock:
    I was almost your age when 10 came out!

Oh and hi to the youngster :D
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • this is what i love..pj are still getting fans...you got your old farts like blackdiamond..us middle aged tinkerbell and me then you got your young bloods.. you teenagers..its great so many are loving the band
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    this is what i love..pj are still getting fans...you got your old farts like blackdiamond..us middle aged tinkerbell and me then you got your young bloods.. you teenagers..its great so many are loving the band

Im still very young. 28 sitting in my slippers listening to Rory Gallagher, now thats cool.

Your gonna love PJ live. Its the best feeling ever. And PJ gigs are so much more friendly. I met loads of amazing people so far, its fantastic :D
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,696
    Welcome young blood. I was a teenager when 10 first came out and like all fell in love with them right away and have been a huge fan ever since. It took me untill 31 before I saw my first PJ concert, and the long wait was well worth it. Got to see my second show this past summer. Now I can't wait till next year and want to go to as many shows as possible, its like a drug addiction. So when you get to see the first show, buckle up, its gonna be awesome. ;)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    philthehip wrote:
    this is what i love..pj are still getting fans...you got your old farts like blackdiamond..us middle aged tinkerbell and me then you got your young bloods.. you teenagers..its great so many are loving the band

Im still very young. 28 sitting in my slippers listening to Rory Gallagher, now thats cool.

Your gonna love PJ live. Its the best feeling ever. And PJ gigs are so much more friendly. I met loads of amazing people so far, its fantastic :D

Thats badass, Rory Gallagher is a rinser ;p

Im 19 and in my slippers listening to Warren Hayes' cover of Cortez The Killer :lol:
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    Brisk. wrote:
    philthehip wrote:

Thats badass, Rory Gallagher is a rinser ;p

Im 19 and in my slippers listening to Warren Hayes' cover of Cortez The Killer :lol:

Now im in my dressing gown. Im living it upppppppppppp :lol:
  • this is what i love..pj are still getting fans...you got your old farts like blackdiamond..us middle aged tinkerbell and me then you got your young bloods.. you teenagers..its great so many are loving the band

:twisted: Speak up!! Damn batteries keep going out...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • welcome

out of curiosity, what are the first 3 #s of your membership?
    Demented and sad, but social
    Wrigley Earthcam/Hartford 2013

Yeah thanks ... I don't think 28 is quite classed as middle aged!! :lol:
  • Welcome!
    Im 16, there are a few more teens on here :)
    Your first show is ammazing, i finally got mine on sept. 21st, prepare for your mind to be blown!
    Only problem with being young and in the ten club is your super high number, haha oh well.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Gremmie03 wrote:
    welcome

Funny, Gremmie, I do not even know my number. I literally sent in $20, as I don't have a credit card, and my lovely parents declined to help me out with signing up online. Yesterday, I got an e-mail confirming that my membership was now activated--- and that was it! No number or anything! I'll send an e-mail or call or something- I, of course, should know this fact!!
    ~not a dude~
  • You can find it online. On the homepage click on "settings" it'll be under your username. Click on "membership info" and it should be there
    samjam10 wrote:
    Gremmie03 wrote:
    welcome

Funny, Gremmie, I do not even know my number. I literally sent in $20, as I don't have a credit card, and my lovely parents declined to help me out with signing up online. Yesterday, I got an e-mail confirming that my membership was now activated--- and that was it! No number or anything! I'll send an e-mail or call or something- I, of course, should know this fact!!
    Shows:
    Thanks for the welcome, everybody *takes bow* :)

Now that I'm officially a 10c member, I am READY for this ride that will last til I literally can't go to a show anymore!!

I really wish more kids my age would get into Pearl Jam-- they really don't know what they're missing. I don't have one friend who knows more than a few songs, which are most likely 'Alive', or the like.

As you all know, this band is just beyond words. I feel every lyric, listen carefully to every bit of music that is played, and am completely absorbed in what I am hearing, and completely affected by it. Just everything about this band is amazing, fantastic, phenominal, you get the idea & know what I'm talkin' 'bout! :D .

I love this band.

"I'll ride the wave where it takes me" (& I can't friggin wait!)
    ~not a dude~
    You can find it online. On the homepage click on "settings" it'll be under your username. Click on "membership info" and it should be there
    samjam10 wrote:
    Gremmie03 wrote:
    welcome

Aha!
    Alright... no laughing..... some of you signed up for this when I was too little to tie my own shoes.
    447 *shudders*
    Am I doomed to nosebleed seats at all concerts until 2030? :shock: :lol:
    ~not a dude~
  • Hahah well mines 424 not much better. Sucks my folks let their crazy low # from 1995 number lapse.
    With my 10c tix i got row 38 on the floor, it was hard to see but cant expect front row, also going into the aisle helps, too bad security was super uptight
    Also you can always try ticketmaster if you want to be closer, I scored the section closest the stage only 13 rows up and the view was amazing on seattle night 2
    Oh and 10club has a lottery of rows 1-2,9-10, so you can always get lucky hehe :)
    Shows:
    Hahah well mines 424 not much better. Sucks my folks let their crazy low # from 1995 number lapse.
    With my 10c tix i got row 38 on the floor, it was hard to see but cant expect front row, also going into the aisle helps, too bad security was super uptight
    Also you can always try ticketmaster if you want to be closer, I scored the section closest the stage only 13 rows up and the view was amazing on seattle night 2
    Oh and 10club has a lottery of rows 1-2,9-10, so you can always get lucky hehe :)

Hey hey fellow teenager-- that's where it's at :D
    I know about the lottery and can't even imagine what I'd do if I won!!

But really, if I am even in the same building as PJ, I'd consider myself privledged!
    ~not a dude~
  • samjam10 wrote:

But really, if I am even in the same building as PJ, I'd consider myself privledged!

haha yup its a great show with pj no matter where you are.
    Where do you live??
    Maybe youll get a show in 2010
    Shows:
    samjam10 wrote:

haha yup its a great show with pj no matter where you are.
    Where do you live??
    Maybe youll get a show in 2010

Ehh... that's weird... I put 'New York... or wherever.' as my location, plus I selected a picture, but I'm not seeing it. Can you?
    But yes, the greatest city in the world, New York. Actually about half an hour outside of it. But easily accessible, anyways. I'm hoping for some MSG epicness!
    ~not a dude~
  • samjam10 wrote:

Ehh... that's weird... I put 'New York... or wherever.' as my location, plus I selected a picture, but I'm not seeing it. Can you?
    But yes, the greatest city in the world, New York. Actually about half an hour outside of it. But easily accessible, anyways. I'm hoping for some MSG epicness!

I don't see your location or picture, maybe try again and make sure you hit "Save changes"
    New york is awesome i visited my aunt there over the summer, but i think i love seattle too much to ever move haha.
    Shows:
    samjam10 wrote:

I don't see your location or picture, maybe try again and make sure you hit "Save changes"
    New york is awesome i visited my aunt there over the summer, but i think i love seattle too much to ever move haha.
    I did that... and it all shows up when I'm on the actual account settings page.. Strange....
    Oh well, no biggie!

Always wanted to visit Seattle. I have some 3rd cousins who live over there, but never got the chance to visit. Ah, the land of Pearl Jam!
    ~not a dude~
  • hehe yeah i love it, i used to live in the roosevelt neighborhood of seattle but i moved to bothell which is a few mins outside of n. seattle.

BTW there is a big rumor for MSG in 2010 so youll prob get your show :)
    Shows:
  • tinkerbell wrote:

Yeah thanks ... I don't think 28 is quite classed as middle aged!! :lol:

not in the real word but in the pearl am world...
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    fuck, you guys are making my 31 years seem old
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I'm 42, maybe I should change my screen name to 'old fart' :D

Welcome and enjoy yourself.