Guys - If you Tour Next year.....

MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Don't hit Toronto in June!!

G20 summit is being held in the city in Mid June (the city will be locked down), then the Pride Festival (2 extra million people in the city) , then the Shriners Citywide convention.

The City is going to be crazy, and the hotels will be full!!!

....But don't skip Toronto entirely. We love you too much
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Or, you could skip Toronto and play State College. We promise not to flash our mosquito bites this time.

(I know, I know - it was Hershey. But check a map, it's close enough).
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • DeLukin wrote:
    Or, you could skip Toronto and play State College. We promise not to flash our mosquito bites this time.

I argue that the mosquito bites thing is the lamest moment in Pearl Jam history. A girl takes of her shirt and the lead singer tells her she should get out and vote? That's not rock n' roll!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    DeLukin wrote:

How about Toronto AND State College?

I was just in State College last week, it is a cool city. I would love to see a show there ... and I regret missing that famous SC 2003 show...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    i just checked

no one I know will chuck a quarter

so

6 shows in boston

thanks
  • Pearl Jam isn't that kind of band. If you want to take your shirt off go to a Poison show.
    DeLukin wrote:

I argue that the mosquito bites thing is the lamest moment in Pearl Jam history. A girl takes of her shirt and the lead singer tells her she should get out and vote? That's not rock n' roll!
  • Pearl Jam isn't that kind of band. If you want to take your shirt off go to a Poison show.

While I understand that, Eddie was still being a douchebag in this instance.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    Pearl Jam isn't that kind of band. If you want to take your shirt off go to a Poison show.
    DeLukin wrote:

Or go to a taping of the Tom Green show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlHXfSxOSxk Sure, it wasn't toplessness, but James' utterance of "Now that's rock 'n' roll!" would seem to indicate that his "wacky" and "wild" antics are the stuff of self-made legend.

Sorry Jackyl fans, PJ only throws axes. They're not "cool" enough to use power tools.
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    TheMiddle wrote:
    i just checked

no one I know will chuck a quarter

so

6 shows in boston

thanks

I endorse this post.

(speaking at someone who was 10th row at that show and was maybe 50 feet from the idiot throwing quarters)
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • .....call me and i ll let u know where and when i can travel
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Yea, I was listening to the Philly 05 boot this morning where he jokingly references it again - almost as if he was a little remorseful, so maybe even he agrees it was lame. The funny thing is while he was talking about it some fat dude flashed him and Ed goes "they're bigger than hers."
    I smile, but who am I kidding...

• I argue that the mosquito bites thing is the lamest moment in Pearl Jam history. A girl takes of her shirt and the lead singer tells her she should get out and vote? That's not rock n' roll!

This is a band who brings wives and children with them on tour. If you want tits flashing go to a bon jovi concert, this band is about the music....who hasn't got that yet?
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    hartford. no one better skip it next year. :)
    I love to turn you on
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    I think you mean when you go on tour next year..... :D
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    hartford. no one better skip it next year. :)
    and no one should show up at the last minute to pick up 10c tix ;)

• I argue that the mosquito bites thing is the lamest moment in Pearl Jam history. A girl takes of her shirt and the lead singer tells her she should get out and vote? That's not rock n' roll!

This is a band who brings wives and children with them on tour. If you want tits flashing go to a bon jovi concert, this band is about the music....who hasn't got that yet?

I don't want flashing. But if someone does it, I don't think Eddie has to make a fool of her in front of 10,000 people or however many were there. Think she bought Backspacer? She's probably like "well fuck that guy"

And don't be such a fucking elitist. I've never really listened to them...but I'm sure Bon Jovi is about music as well.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • it is not like she acidentally flashed. Teaches her a lesson not to do it again.

I don't want flashing. But if someone does it, I don't think Eddie has to make a fool of her in front of 10,000 people or however many were there. Think she bought Backspacer? She's probably like "well fuck that guy"
  • it is not like she acidentally flashed. Teaches her a lesson not to do it again.

Yeah that'll teach her. And maybe next time Eddie could put her on detention and make her write her multiplication tables ten times each.

I mean really, teaches her a lesson? Gimme a break.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • I am just saying it is not appropriate and if it embarasses her into not doing it again then good. Adults need to learn lessons too, and please! Eddie talks crap about people all the time, why is this particular time getting everyone upset?
    it is not like she acidentally flashed. Teaches her a lesson not to do it again.

Yeah that'll teach her. And maybe next time Eddie could put her on detention and make her write her multiplication tables ten times each.

I mean really, teaches her a lesson? Gimme a break.
  • lol, why do you quote like that theboxerorthebag? Shouldn't your response go below the quoted post? I digress...

I'm not upset. I just thought it was lame and while a lot of Ed rants are to my liking, this wasn't.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • a lot of Ed rants are to my liking, this wasn't.

then i'm sure he won't do it again. :?
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Don't hit Toronto in June!!

G20 summit is being held in the city in Mid June (the city will be locked down), then the Pride Festival (2 extra million people in the city) , then the Shriners Citywide convention.

The City is going to be crazy, and the hotels will be full!!!

....But don't skip Toronto entirely. We love you too much
    you can come see me in June- I'll be waiting at Alpine Valley along with a whole lots of other people
    but I wont break the bed this time :shock: :?: :?:
  • DeLukin wrote:

He did say he liked to shit on little girls' heads in that rant, too. Is that rock n' roll?
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Guys - If you Tour Next year.....do it naked!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • SteveoSteveo Posts: 352
    ...and don't cross the border without proper identification.
    Life has nothing to do with killing time.
    So why be satisfied?
  • DeLukin wrote:

He did say he liked to shit on little girls' heads in that rant, too. Is that rock n' roll?

no, that's a typical christmas morning for me...
    Follow the ageless tide.
    Follow the angled light.
    Follow the strangest tribe.

God you sure are an annoying little guy. Yes, I understand that Eddie Vedder isn't interested in my thoughts on his rants.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:

God you sure are an annoying little guy. Yes, I understand that Eddie Vedder isn't interested in my thoughts on his rants.

as are you, and i'm a girl thank you.

• God you sure are an annoying little guy. Yes, I understand that Eddie Vedder isn't interested in my thoughts on his rants.

Well boy or girl, I mean, come on. I'm debating the mosquito-bites rant with theboxerorthebag and I'm against Eddie actions on this occasion....and you come with one of those elitist "the band doesn't care what you think" type of posts which is lame. I know they don't care what I think. That's why I was arguing with theboxerorthebag about it on an internet message board and not sending letters to Eddie's house.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:

• God you sure are an annoying little guy. Yes, I understand that Eddie Vedder isn't interested in my thoughts on his rants.

Well boy or girl, I mean, come on. I'm debating the mosquito-bites rant with theboxerorthebag and I'm against Eddie actions on this occasion....and you come with one of those elitist "the band doesn't care what you think" type of posts which is lame. I know they don't care what I think. That's why I was arguing with theboxerorthebag about it on an internet message board and not sending letters to Eddie's house.

i'm not an elitist, i like the band okay but they are average at best. re-think your argument.

• i'm not an elitist, i like the band okay but they are average at best. re-think your argument.

No, that's not what I mean by elitist. It's not about thinking Pearl Jam's awesome. Hell I think the band is more than just okay and they are best band since Led Zeppelin. But when someone says "I don't like this thing Eddie has done" and someone like you says "then i'm sure he won't do it again", that's condensing bullshit in my view and total Eddie-worshiping fanboy (or fangirl in this case) stuff.

But I call a truce. You sent me that Life Wasted without the fadeout which was cool. For crying out loud, I was at that Hershey show with the mosquito-bites thing. If you ever told me then that 6 years later I'd be arguing about it with 17 year old girl and accusing her of being an elitist fan, I'd tell ya to take a hike.

And there's no way you think Pearl Jam is "average at best". Nobody who has a PJ recording like that Life Wasted on their hard drive does.

Pearl Jam bootlegs: