Man vs Food and the Habanero pepper

2»

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    BinFrog wrote:
    Unfortunately habaneros now wreak havoc on my system so I can only eat them sparingly. The spice is the least of my concerns when I eat them.

Ouch, that sucks. Like I said, I make maranades and rubs with Habaneros constantly, but this was the first time I have ever ate one whole. Was fun looking back on it.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Last evening the lady and I were at Whole Foods and decided it would be a good idea to find the two biggest habaneros possible and eat them whole when we got home.

:o

Haha, yeah, man. We're idiots. God knows how we found each other.

:thumbup: :lol:
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I
    Last evening the lady and I were at Whole Foods and decided it would be a good idea to find the two biggest habaneros possible and eat them whole when we got home. My fucking god that was brutal. I ate it in about 3 bites and fuck me it was hot.

Shit! Your ass must be on fire today.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Last evening the lady and I were at Whole Foods and decided it would be a good idea to find the two biggest habaneros possible and eat them whole when we got home.

:o

Haha, yeah, man. We're idiots. God knows how we found each other.

jackass: couples version?

:mrgreen:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    One year, for a party I made this stuff:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSE8D32cL2YB6YHAqtTqIkPw1H0RYt-HkLRWu7PdsZ9hqN8uglng

it comes with a little packet of Habanero powder...I made 2 batches, one with the whole packet, and the other with just a sprinkle. Well, it turned out great and you could eat it fine, but once you stop, then that's when it starts to really burn! So one guy couldn't stop eating it...he finally stopped after 4 bowls and started to sweat...he tried drinking milk and beer...had to just let it wear off. He called the next day saying we was stuck on the pot all night long. :lol:

Oh, the chili that I put the entire packet in didn't get eaten...it was too hot. Made the corn bread too...don't put it in there if you're gonna have hot chili.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I
    Last evening the lady and I were at Whole Foods and decided it would be a good idea to find the two biggest habaneros possible and eat them whole when we got home. My fucking god that was brutal. I ate it in about 3 bites and fuck me it was hot.

Shit! Your ass must be on fire today.

HA, I'll just say my body isn't right.
    polaris_x wrote:

ha. Something like that. Only with hot stuff though. I am slightly embarrassed to admit that she handled it a little better than I did.
    RKCNDY wrote:
    One year, for a party I made this stuff:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSE8D32cL2YB6YHAqtTqIkPw1H0RYt-HkLRWu7PdsZ9hqN8uglng

it comes with a little packet of Habanero powder...I made 2 batches, one with the whole packet, and the other with just a sprinkle. Well, it turned out great and you could eat it fine, but once you stop, then that's when it starts to really burn! So one guy couldn't stop eating it...he finally stopped after 4 bowls and started to sweat...he tried drinking milk and beer...had to just let it wear off. He called the next day saying we was stuck on the pot all night long. :lol:

Oh, the chili that I put the entire packet in didn't get eaten...it was too hot. Made the corn bread too...don't put it in there if you're gonna have hot chili.

Thats awesome. I definitely plan to make some seriously hot chili this winter.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

ha. Something like that. Only with hot stuff though. I am slightly embarrassed to admit that she handled it a little better than I did.

damm ... you got a keeper i say! ... don't be embarrassed - be proud! ... :lol:
    polaris_x wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

damm ... you got a keeper i say! ... don't be embarrassed - be proud! ... :lol:

:thumbup: Damn right
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    intodeep wrote:
    I like the habenero challenges he does. The Ghost Pepper though makes a habenero look like a cute little green pepper.

He has done a couple challenges with ghost pepper's too it is funny to watch them light him up :lol:

Because of this my husband wanted to try a Ghost Pepper. He brought a few home(a co-worker got some) and I made a shrimp and sausage gumbo with them. I used gloves to prepare them....He said it was hot but not that bad. I don't know how he does it. He eats hot stuff daily. Maybe he has a tolerance. Those suckers even burnt my nose a bit just smelling it!!!
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ