Options

2017 Buffalo Bills - The hunt for a playoff berth

Comments

• Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Cheap ass play by Frank Gore.
  • Options
    Stop giving up these 3rd down conversions. You're better than this!!!!! :twisted:
  • Options
    This team is better than this. Very frustrating to watch. :fp:
  • Options
    Well that was fun. :fp:
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    This is the most destructive relationship i have ever had. Every year they promise to change and it's the same old shit. Old man Wilson needs to stop hiring his buddies. I'm pretty convinced at this point the Williams signing was just to put asses in the seats. Saying hey look at what i signed.

I'm glad i spent my money on going to Midtown instead of wasting it by going to watch this garbage of team and organization. This team won't get better till Wilson dies and a new owner comes in. If they do move fine i can find better things to do on sunday anyway. 10 fucking points in the last 7 quarters give me a fucking break.

Fuck you Chan, Fuck you Dave and Fuck you Ralph.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    Hey DS i will be in your area Thurs night. Stopping in Albany for the night on our way to Salem.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    DURP wrote:
    Hey DS i will be in your area Thurs night. Stopping in Albany for the night on our way to Salem.

Thursday. Shoot me a PM closer to that if you want ot meet up for a beer or two so we can bitch about the Bills. :fp: :lol:
  • Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    Unreal!!! Granite it was one of the best teams in the NFL and that the 49ners are obviously better than Buffalo, the Bills are supposed to be more competitive than this. I'm still Billieving though, still early in the year, but if this is how were going to compete against great teams, Buffalo does not deserve to be in the playoff mix. Disgusting and embarrassing. Although Ralph Wilson has the final say in the Bills organization, I don't know if he says much anymore. In my opinion, Buddy Nix is the guy to blame. As the season progresses, it is becoming more obvious that Fitzpactrick is not the guy to be leading this team. I BILLieved in him for long enough, but I can't say that I want him as the number 2 quarterback because our backups fucken suck. Tavaris Jackson, are you fucking kidding me Buddy Nix. Grow the fuck up. :fp:
  • Options
    Unreal!!! Granite it was one of the best teams in the NFL and that the 49ners are obviously better than Buffalo, the Bills are supposed to be more competitive than this. I'm still Billieving though, still early in the year, but if this is how were going to compete against great teams, Buffalo does not deserve to be in the playoff mix. Disgusting and embarrassing. Although Ralph Wilson has the final say in the Bills organization, I don't know if he says much anymore. In my opinion, Buddy Nix is the guy to blame. As the season progresses, it is becoming more obvious that Fitzpactrick is not the guy to be leading this team. I BILLieved in him for long enough, but I can't say that I want him as the number 2 quarterback because our backups fucken suck. Tavaris Jackson, are you fucking kidding me Buddy Nix. Grow the fuck up. :fp:

Fitzpatrick has been overthrowing or underthrowing everything since about the middle of last season. It's amazing, in a bad way, how bad he misses consistently. I mean even on completed passes it seems the receiver needs to make a play just to catch it. Nothing in stride for a while. DIsappointing. This team is much better than they have played the past two weeks. The turnovers just need to stop. The defense has the ability to 3 and out a lot of teams if they weren't on the field in bad position every 3 minutes. :fp:
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    DURP wrote:
    This team won't get better till Wilson dies and a new owner comes in.

This is 100% true and is a statement I have made numerous times in this thread and elsewhere.

Wilson is 94 and doesnt have any pride in the franchise. He sees it as an investment that brings in Millions of dollars per year, as well as an investment to set his family up forever once he passes and the team is sold.

He has Russ Brandon running the organization. Brandon is a master at selling hope and putting lipstick on the pig, taking advantage of a vulnerable fan base and region. Maximizing sales, while not affecting the bottom line.
    You also have financial guys with all the clout in Littman and Overdorf.
    The team has been run this way since the beginning. The 90's were an anomoly. It was due to a very fortunate find of Bill Polian, along with hitting rock-bottom at the perfect time in the 80's.

I like Buddy Nix as a football guy. Finally they are drafting players out of the SEC instead of second-rate. I like some of the moves. I like/d Wannstadt, and dont hate Gailey. But its pretty obvious now those guys are out of their league.

No matter what they do from the GM down, it isnt going to change due to Wilson, Brandon, Overdorf, Littman. They need a culture change GM/Coaching staff but they will not work under those guys, and their input. Also, the uncertainty of Wilson being 94 is a turn-off. Even if they change it up, they will still only be able to attract retreads.

Its still too early to give up on this season for the playoffs. It doesnt look good though and the 'easy' final 7 games doesnt look all that easy any more.
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    how is dave wansteadt still employeed. they gave up a record 300 yrs running and 300 passing in the same game...vs an average offense!!!
    so bad, worst org in football
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,791
    MayDay10 wrote:
    DURP wrote:

This is 100% true and is a statement I have made numerous times in this thread and elsewhere.

You're right on. Same exact thing happened with the Blackhawks and Wirtz. He died, everything changed and we won a Cup.
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    DURP wrote:

You're right on. Same exact thing happened with the Blackhawks and Wirtz. He died, everything changed and we won a Cup.

That's what will happen in Buffalo. If Jim Kelly buys the team like he seems to be leaning toward this team will expierence a complete overhaul both on the field and culture wise.

If the Bills sucking this much effects me this bad i can only imagine how Jim, Bruce, Thurman, Andre and all the other greats are feeling.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:
  • Options
    That was the most yards (621) EVER gained by the 49ers in their franchise history.

Ya know the saddest thing? If you took the 53 best players from the Bills, Dolphins (my team), and Jets and made them into one team for one must-win game against New England, they'd still probably lose.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    That was the most yards (621) EVER gained by the 49ers in their franchise history.

Ya know the saddest thing? If you took the 53 best players from the Bills, Dolphins (my team), and Jets and made them into one team for one must-win game against New England, they'd still probably lose.

It's always a good thing to be in the record book. It will be even sweeter when the Bills beat the Cards next week...sit at 3-3...and then start over.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

It's always a good thing to be in the record book. It will be even sweeter when the Bills beat the Cards next week...sit at 3-3...and then start over.

Yeah same boat here with Miami. Hoping to get to .500 against St. Louis this week. But it won't matter. The division is New England's and it will be until the day Brady retires. It's drives me bonkers. The Pats have won the division every year since 2003 with the exception of Miami's 2008 mirage season. And even then, Miami and the Cassel-led Pats each finished 11-5. Miami beat them out for the division title on like the 4th tiebreaker.

I've decided that the AFC East is the worst division. I used to think it was the NFC West. I mean, they had a 7-9 division champion once. But at least those teams all fight it out with each other. We're all just Brady's bitches. It sucks.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I still #billieve
  • Options

I'm not sure between those 3 teams you could fill out a 53 man roster.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    Gailey is supposed to have a sitdown with the rest of the coaches today to evaluate. I would assume the meeting will start off something like this...WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE!!! :lol:
  • Options
    Mark Anderson will miss "significant time" are the reports. :fp:
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Watching ESPN yesterday and they said that the Bills are currently the "worst organization in the league".

That's for the Packers suck comment you made halfpint. :wave:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Watching ESPN yesterday and they said that the Bills are currently the "worst organization in the league".

Stay the fuck out of this thread you jinx. :P
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Stay the fuck out of this thread you jinx. :P

packers fans are not allowed here :nono:
  • Options

DS did it to himself: http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=164484&hilit=packers&start=885#p4678790

I was merely returning the favor!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

:lol: that's funny!!!

#Billieve #mariowilliams100millionmyass #idkwhyineedtohashtageverythingbecauseidonthaveatwitter
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

DS did it to himself: http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=164484&hilit=packers&start=885#p4678790

SUch a jinx.

"bills are going to win this game"....they lose

"I just bet the over on the Pats/Bills game"...Pats whip off about 112 unanswered points.

Please leave this team alone. Please.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

SUch a jinx.

"I just bet the over on the Pats/Bills game"...Pats whip off about 112 unanswered points.

Hey, I won $50 on that bet :lol: And it was actually only the over on the 2nd half if you want to be technical about it :P
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

SUch a jinx.

Hey, I won $50 on that bet :lol: And it was actually only the over on the 2nd half if you want to be technical about it :P

Oh just the second half..when the Pats whipped off all the points? :fp:
  • Options
    Bring Back POZZZzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...............i have a poz fathead, never hung it up though