adl poster.....will it get crushed????

DM76DM76 Posts: 55
edited November 2009 in The Porch
so whats the go with keeping your posters in mint condition during these GA shows?

Just read on cricketsa website that poster tubes arent allowed and there is no cloak room at adel oval?

Anyone from Perth share any tips, as im a 10c member and will be up front.
1995 ~ Canberra NATEX 1998 ~ Thebarton Oval Adelaide 2003 ~ Adelaide 1 & 2 (Ent Centre) 2006 ~ Adelaide 1 & 2 (Ent Centre) 2009 ~ Adelaide (Adelaide Oval) 2009 ~ Melbourne (Etihad Stadiuml) 2011 ~ Eddie Vedder 1& 2 ( Thebarton Theatre) 2014~ Gold Coast ( Big Day Out) 2014~ Melbourne ( Big Day Out) 2014~ Adelaide ( Big Day Out)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• My general plan is to get in line early then when my mate rocks up get him to hold my spot for 10 minutes while I run to the stand, buy a poster, run it to my car then get back in line.

I wont leave the line if it means losing my spot though, I assume I can always get a poster on ebay or through the 10C.
    '06: Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Adelaide 1, 2
    *sniffles* Come back soon guys, thanks for an amazing 2 weeks.

-- www.ticketwoes.com --
  • at the o2 london ...the 10c fan were allowed to check posters in at the front of the que b4 enterance to the arena.you gave your name address etc...and a ticket...at the end of show picked them up...dont know if this was the same at most shows ..but damn did that help

worth a call to event to ask
  • at the o2 london ...the 10c fan were allowed to check posters in at the front of the que b4 enterance to the arena.you gave your name address etc...and a ticket...at the end of show picked them up...dont know if this was the same at most shows ..but damn did that help

worth a call to event to ask
    only in O2 happen that,not to the other Europeans..and not for all,after sometime the stop doing it
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    I got to the Perth Stadium about 1.30 to pick up the Tix.
    THERE WAS a mech van OUTSIDE the premises gates, still setting up but opperating, CHING CHING$$$$
    I'm supprised others posting here are saying no merch available till later.
    The Van was at the FIRST Gate you come to after getting off the train/public transport.
    I think that was in the planning.
    At 11.15pm after the concert,I shimmied up the the merch van INSIDE the venue, and even though they were packing up they were still selling. I asked them what the had sold out of and what was popular and they said they had ONLY SOLD OUT OF of stubbie holders.
    The bloke behind me in the pit had his poster tube tied to his jeans, I worked out that one when I first got poked up my arse with something hard......
    I only bought a Poster and a Key chain......So wish I had gotten more....
    I know I'm a pain in the arse on these forums but can someone please get me a stubbie holder....?
    AND NO SHIT Thought Unknown is on TV during fastForward, now.

The Keyring is Friendly nice :D Saint Christopher.
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    How much was the key ring?
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    you can't buy poster tubes at the aussie shows? I saw that in philly you could buy tubes which was a good idea.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    bazzer wrote:

£10
    pdalowsky wrote:
    bazzer wrote:

£10
    Wow. I really thought they'd be selling them in $AUD! ;)
  • bazzer wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    bazzer wrote:

£10
    Wow. I really thought they'd be selling them in $AUD! ;)
    15 euros....
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    15 euros....

They ignored exchanged rates and how they changed so you mean 20 euros..
  • Brisk. wrote:
    15 euros....

They ignored exchanged rates and how they changed so you mean 20 euros..
    in rotterdam i took 2 one for me and one for Stian,pay 30 euros both
    bazzer wrote:

hows that poster bazzer?
    pdalowsky wrote:
    bazzer wrote:
    hows that poster bazzer?
    Which poster?
    bazzer wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    bazzer wrote:
    hows that poster bazzer?
    Which poster?

didnt you get my asia 95?

i may be wrong on this - my memory is terrible
    pdalowsky wrote:
    bazzer wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    hows that poster bazzer?
    Which poster?
    didnt you get my asia 95?
    i may be wrong on this - my memory is terrible
    I wish. I was too slow in my decision making! :) Of course, I'm kicking myself now as I knew I would. Especially now the NZD is doing so well against the GBP!
  • my master plan for the poster in mint condition is to get there early, with poster tube in hand and then race to the postie an post it home.....what do we all think????
  • at adelaide you could get tubes with the posters, which pleased many people!
    my master plan for the poster in mint condition is to get there early, with poster tube in hand and then race to the postie an post it home.....what do we all think????

or use the cloakroom if there is one, or just bang it in your car if you have travelled that way. worked a treat for me.
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    my master plan for the poster in mint condition is to get there early, with poster tube in hand and then race to the postie an post it home.....what do we all think????

or use the cloakroom if there is one, or just bang it in your car if you have travelled that way. worked a treat for me.

Or run to the post office and mail it to yourself?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098

Brilliant plan...but it's oversized so you have to find the local post office to do that. But BRILLIANT idea.
    Perth and Adelaide had no cloak rooms, and so Probably the rest of the tour is left to it's on devices aswell.
    I got my Poster 45 mins after PJ finished......maybe chat up the chicks in the merch van so they will hold it for you?