Options

Riot Act Irony

2»

Comments

• Options
    Big ManBig Man Posts: 97
    complete agreemant here, Carlos D

As stupid as it may sound, and I know it does, but if Avocado was not promoted like it was, I probalby would like it a lot more. (Pearl Jam always was understatement to me.)

If Eddy didn't please the crowd like he does now, I would like the shows better. (I want them all to turn away from the crowd and play an intense song.) The 2007 shows were going through the motions, if not to say making some money in Europe whilst the dollar is still so weak. (ok, thats too much here. PJ will never sell out!)

I became a fan during a festival and they did barely move. They made sound. Great sound. It was in 2000. (but I love the riot act tour even more, what a triumphal procession)
  • Options
    Army & NavyArmy & Navy Posts: 120
    Well Riot Act is their worst album...With that there can be no doubt.

As for the 2003 tour. I thought it was sloppy to be honest, lots of errors (mainly the music) Ed did sound fantastic, but his band let him down. I think the random setlists & huge catalogue of songs they could play meant they were under-rehearsed. Also I can't stand the 2003 Boots. Its far too lively, and in your face, there's no breathing room...Listen to any RVM, Go, Last Exit from this tour, there's no intensity, and you can't hear Cameron at all

Roll on 2006. They were a lot tighter, though Ed possibly didn't sound quite as good. The boots sounded great again.
  • Options
    MrSmith wrote:
    Ed was always pissed until some time around Riot Act or Binaural. I wonder why it changed? i like him better now.

Its called "maturing"...it happens to most people...eventually, he'll be a Republican.
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    MrSmith wrote:
    Ed was always pissed until some time around Riot Act or Binaural. I wonder why it changed? i like him better now.

Try the transition from being married to not being married.

That (and Roskilde) made the 2000 tour pretty hard on Ed, I'm thinking.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    Solat13 wrote:
    He's gone from an angry young man trying to fight for too many causes to a happy drunk who is happy in his own skin now and picks his battles now.

...funny post, a true coincident,
    cause I just now finished to listen to Mansfield july11 2003.
    What a great bootleg! What a sound and energy and great experiment.

I love the riot act! I never questioned it and inhaled it deeply.
    it actually helped me alot in troubled times to get clear again.

binaural and riot act.
    to me also a perfect follow up.

Both tours were also fantastic
    To me 2000 and especially 2003 just rule, although to me they just get better and better as longer they perform together.
    it is already so close to perfection but they manage it to just beat it another time and another time.
    So viva also 2006 and 2007
    - just 2005 I couldn't grap.

and:
    I like the saying of Solat13.

I just would change it in:
    ...to a happy smokey!!! :) who is happy in his own skin now and picks his bottles here and then to salute to fine people and a wonderful planet.
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.