Letter to Eddie - 12 Year Old Kid At Perth Show

Comments

• you sound like a great step dad. keep up the good work!

Thank you - I'm just trying the best I can to do the right thing by him and by his real dad who is also a nice guy.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    you sound like a great step dad. keep up the good work!

Thank you - I'm just trying the best I can to do the right thing by him and by his real dad who is also a nice guy.

Paul, you rock! :thumbup:

DO SYDNEY......we'll have so much fun!!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    you sound like a great step dad. keep up the good work!

Paul, you rock! :thumbup:

DO SYDNEY......we'll have so much fun!!

I'm just about to book Perth to Melb and then Syd to perth Airfares. Will find a way to get to Syd from Melb.
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Wow you are awesome! I was 10 in 91 when PJ burst onto the scene and have been a huge fan since! I'm going to my first PJ concert in Auckland next week at the age of 28 cos I was only 16 and 12 the last times they were here and there was no way my parents would have let me go back then. My 5 year old daughter asked if she could come because she loves them too but obviously she's a bit little. I can't wait to finally see them and hopefully in another 7 or 8 years they will be back and I can take both of my kids! :mrgreen:
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    zenith wrote:

see, youve got me thinking now (really ive been thinking about if all along, just worried about him) - i told him about your boy last night, and he said 'i knew eddie would do that!' so i told him this morning id starting thinking if i could get hold of another 10c tkt perhaps he could go ... BUT, theyd be lots of waiting in the sun, lots of boring parts before we got in, lots of people lots of ..... of course the smile on his face nearly knocked me out 8-)

Do it mate!

When I told Marcus I was going to try to get to the Sydney and Melbourne shows, he begged me to take him as well. He is more than willing to line up all day to see them again. Shame I just can't afford to take the whole family over east.

well its a shame you cant bring him - he'll now have a buddy to team with. 8-) i guess it must be meant to be if i can get hold of a spare 10c that quickly. riley will go thru the roof this afternoon when he finds out. so 13, 2nd tour. front row (hopefully). i didnt even get my first ga spot till i was 14
    impatience is a gift ........
  • zenith wrote:

well its a shame you cant bring him - he'll now have a buddy to team with. 8-) i guess it must be meant to be if i can get hold of a spare 10c that quickly. riley will go thru the roof this afternoon when he finds out. so 13, 2nd tour. front row (hopefully). i didnt even get my first ga spot till i was 14

Awesome!!! I'm so glad to hear this. Please, all 10c people - please help Riley and his dad be in the front on the rail.
    zenith wrote:

Awesome!!! I'm so glad to hear this. Please, all 10c people - please help Riley and his dad be in the front on the rail.

its riley and his mum mate ;) rileys dad is somewhere in limbo
  • NossieNossie Posts: 1,039
    what an awesome experience for your step-son! Something he'll always remember and cherish... you guys are awesome parents for bringing him!

my 7yr old son is totally spewing he can't go this tour, but i think GA will be a little full on for him... next tour though, i'd like to see us hold him back from going!! :lol:

Congrats to him (well both of you!)! =)
    When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do...

Pearl Jam - Adelaide: 1995, 1998, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2014
    Eddie Vedder Solo - Adelaide: 27th & 28th March 2011, Melbourne 16th 2014
  • zenith wrote:
    zenith wrote:

its riley and his mum mate ;) rileys dad is somewhere in limbo

Oops - so sorry for the assumption. I hope this makes his year!

:lol: thats cool

oh he'll love it - in 06 i got front row balcony seats so he'd have a good view when they walked out, instead of using my 10c tkts and him seeing nothing. he looked down at them and said 'wow they look just like they do in the photos!' which was funny ... then he stood smiling and singing along to every song till the 2nd encore when he finally started to crash and snooze a bit in his seat. amongst all that noise i dont know how. back then his fav song was 'the butterfly song' (even flow)

he'll be stoked to go on the ground this time. he's as tall as me, so he should be fine i know - its just been my mothers instinct being all worried about it all - this tour he's waiting for green desease and lukin - and said this morning if he gets to go he plans on wearing his battered old 06 tour cap so they know hes a 'real fan' :lol:
  • zenith wrote:

:lol: thats cool

oh he'll love it - in 06 i got front row balcony seats so he'd have a good view when they walked out, instead of using my 10c tkts and him seeing nothing. he looked down at them and said 'wow they look just like they do in the photos!' which was funny ... then he stood smiling and singing along to every song till the 2nd encore when he finally started to crash and snooze a bit in his seat. amongst all that noise i dont know how. back then his fav song was 'the butterfly song' (even flow)

he'll be stoked to go on the ground this time. he's as tall as me, so he should be fine i know - its just been my mothers instinct being all worried about it all - this tour he's waiting for green desease and lukin - and said this morning if he gets to go he plans on wearing his battered old 06 tour cap so they know hes a 'real fan' :lol:

I look forward to seeing you guys there! If Perth and the LA shows i saw are anything to go by, it will be huge. I've just managed to book flights to Melb and Syd and also get 10c tickets. I'm gonna be rocking with pj for two more shows - i'm over the moon.
  • Jo wrote:
    fleursie60 wrote:

Was I one of the Folks? I reckon you snaped for me and paul. :D:D you took 5 or 6 snaps.
    thanks, I was pulling a funny face in all of them. :mrgreen:

Quite possibly, I took quite a few pics!! Haha!!
    Fleur
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Jo wrote:
    Hey Paul, did you notice we chanted his name when that happened?
    BOOTS!

Hey Jo, we were looking for you guys - we couldn't hear anything beyond the few people around us the noise was so loud, We didn't even see his image on the screen - although a photo is on its way from another 10c member. His brag book you gave him is already awesome - two picks, a 10c ticket and wrist band, and soon his image on the big screen. What a night!!!

Check this out: My Alive Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l9b7qnuUmI

Seeing Ed talk to him on the big screen was brilliant. We started chanting his name, You must keep us up to date with his brag book, so in 20 years time, he can be looking after us OLD fogies up the front!! 8-)
  • you sound like a great step dad. keep up the good work!

that's great to hear.
    ...two good dads. awesome!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• OK, Here is the video after Unthought Known, Ed speaks to Markie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHd0tb2qRr4

Thank You KevDylan for this.

And here is where Ed throws the pick to him and then makes sure he gets it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvB5FZXZYrw
  • wow...amazing story. :D
    I miss you alreddie.
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Wow- what a story!! I'm sure he'll remember that day for the rest of his life! What an awesome stepfather you are taking your stepson to a PJ concert!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • samjam10 wrote:
    Wow- what a story!! I'm sure he'll remember that day for the rest of his life! What an awesome stepfather you are taking your stepson to a PJ concert!

He was hanging out for the Red Surfer tour t-shirt (which I got him) and then can you imagine how rapt he was when the I got him the Sydney poster that used the same image. He'll be getting that block mounted on his wall for Chrismas. Now to spend the rest of my life trying to get it signed... ;)
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    samjam10 wrote:

He was hanging out for the Red Surfer tour t-shirt (which I got him) and then can you imagine how rapt he was when the I got him the Sydney poster that used the same image. He'll be getting that block mounted on his wall for Chrismas. Now to spend the rest of my life trying to get it signed... ;)
    Why block mount it? It'll look way nicer in a frame!
  • bazzer wrote:
    samjam10 wrote:

Why block mount it? It'll look way nicer in a frame!

Yeah, I meant that :)
  • Ian80Ian80 Posts: 136
    Paul - That is a terrific story. I was on Stones side of GA with some mate, right underneath the big screen and speakers about 4m off the rail and 15-20m from Eddie. I remember seeing Eddie pointing out your son and making sure he was looked after. The moment he cam on the big screen I too cheered for him!

I can remember the exact time and place were my appreciation for this wonderful band took off and went to a whole other level. That date was the 20/03/1998. My 18th B'day. After dinner with my family, I remember my cousin telling me that we had to go, i asked where? and she said that her and her now husband were taking me to my first real concert. Pearl Jam at the Perth Entertainment Centre. I was over the moon, my favourite band, live and in the flesh. It didn't matter that our seats were 2 rows from the very top of the stadium, I got to see my heroes. I haven't missed a Perth concert since.

I am sure that this will be a day that you nor your son will ever forget. I just hope that one day when I have met Ms Right and have kids that I too will be able to share a similar experience with my kids.

I would love to own a set of pick's from the guys, the closest I have come to one of Mike's was at Subi when one hit me in the head and shot off somewhere else!
  • Ian80 wrote:
    I can remember the exact time and place were my appreciation for this wonderful band took off and went to a whole other level. That date was the 20/03/1998. My 18th B'day. After dinner with my family, I remember my cousin telling me that we had to go, i asked where? and she said that her and her now husband were taking me to my first real concert. Pearl Jam at the Perth Entertainment Centre. I was over the moon, my favourite band, live and in the flesh. It didn't matter that our seats were 2 rows from the very top of the stadium, I got to see my heroes. I haven't missed a Perth concert since.

That was quite a night - I was there too - up on the rail in a really full on mosh pit. They did two shows (Thurs & Friday from memory). I've noticed, every Pearl Jam show in perth - just gets bigger and bigger. People go to their first show and then never miss tham after that. They are the greatest touring band on the planet.
  • Ian80 wrote:

i was there that night too! i was 18 and it was my first pj concert funnily enuf i was 2 rows from the roof aswell! not that i minded i got them for free 2 hours b4 the show! wen my partner and i got together, he was dirty on me cause he camped out and didnt get a ticket at all! lol oh well sucked to be him!

paul i hope marcus didnt mind that the photo was a bit blurry but you can still see the massive smile on his face anyway

and just a random question.. how long does it generally take from concert to boot? im hanging for the perth show so my kiddies can experience the fan-fuckin-tastic time mum and dad had for her birthday!
    Maybe, someday another child
    Won't feel as alone as she does

i swear i reconize your breath
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising
  • Thanks for the picture, it's all good - blurry or not, a great moment for him and an incredible memory to have all his life.

The LA boots were a few weeks after the shows. The Philly ones have not gone up yet but rumor has it there is something special happenng with these shows. I'm guessing a couple of weeks and we'll have the Aussie boots.

I've really got my fingeres crossed for a DVD of the Aussie tour. If all those cameras were recording and not just servicing the video displays there would be some incredible footage for an awesome DVD.

10c - pretty please with a cherry on top - AUSSIE DVD BOOTS! :) And you have my permission to include Ed talking to Marcus on the DVD. :)
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    zenith wrote:

Awesome!!! I'm so glad to hear this. Please, all 10c people - please help Riley and his Mum be in the front on the rail.

Thanks to Paul, Riley and Mum did get front Row, just in front of Paul :D
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • zenith wrote:

Awesome!!! I'm so glad to hear this. Please, all 10c people - please help Riley and his Mum be in the front on the rail.

Thanks to Paul, Riley and Mum did get front Row, just in front of Paul :D

Just sharing the love... I owed Karma a favour :)

It was thanks to Shaunna and Mick that Marcus had a rail at Perth.

As Earl says... "Do good things and good things will happen."
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Aussie DVD 'Boots' Sounds LIKE an " EXCELLENT" Idea!!!!! ;););)

• And here is where Ed throws the pick to him and then makes sure he gets it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvB5FZXZYrw

Awesome!
    Incredibly enough I found a video of mike tossing a pick to me days after the concert. It blew my mind to see it on youtube.
    hoped you saved the video.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    edited December 2009
    samjam10 wrote:

Have faith, think positive- you will get that poster signed one day :)

I think it's so awesome that you shared this experience with your stepson! My mom totally doesn't understand my obsession at all... I've heard 'Enough with the Pearl Jam!' many a time

He'll definitely be a fan for life after that one! Congrats to him!
    Post edited by samjam on
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • samjam wrote:

I think it's so awesome that you shared this experience with your stepson! My mom totally doesn't understand my obsession at all... I've head 'Enough with the Pearl Jam!' many a time

He'll definitely be a fan for life after that one! Congrats to him!

He never had a chance, nor did his mum. I've been a pj fan since 10 came out and have bought every album on the day of it's release, seen every show I was able to and have now travelled twice to see them (USA and East Coast Aust).

It was either come for the ride or just miss out on a huge chunk of what is important to me - thankfully - they get it. My wife's first real taste of PJ was their 2006 Perth show and she never ever looked back. She'd always liked what she'd heard on the radio but now likes the albums and would never miss a live show - talk about indoctrination :)