PJ on Flash Forward

CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Am I crazy, or am I hearing Unthought Known during the opening of Flash Forward?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Am I crazy, or am I hearing Unthought Known during the opening of Flash Forward?
    yes!!! i want a clip!!!
  • nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    I'm glad I didn't see the sticky.

Nice surprise and very cool.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Renee33Renee33 Posts: 128
    was that strange or what...it wasn't delegated to the background either.

Nice classy start to a drama series...may actually watch this show now
    Dancing in irreverence
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,812
    Sweet just heard it :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • i know! I thought it was just going to be a short intro clip, but it just kept going. very unexpected & cool.
  • Oops.....totally missed the sticky as well. Got excited when I heard it and came on to post. :D

Mods, feel free to delete.
  • joebotjoebot Posts: 372
    WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO COOL WITH THIS !?!?!?!? After how many years of Pearl Jam exhibiting so much artistic integrity and credibility is it being thrown away on some pathetic network tv show !?!? That song is so powerful and transcendent and it gets butchered and set to horrible acting and writing. How many records sales can you possibly squeeze from having a butchered 2 minute snippet of a song on some lame tv show !! After so many years of credibility now its come to this. What a colossal disappointment !! Shame on you Pearl Jam ! Why are we so supportive of this mockery !?!?!!?
    joebot wrote:
    WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO COOL WITH THIS !?!?!?!? ...
    Why are we so supportive of this mockery !?!?!!?

Because we know it will piss off folks like you.

It worked!!!

BTW, have you watched the show? Excellent television in an age of mediocrity.
  • joebot wrote:
    WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO COOL WITH THIS !?!?!?!? After how many years of Pearl Jam exhibiting so much artistic integrity and credibility is it being thrown away on some pathetic network tv show !?!? That song is so powerful and transcendent and it gets butchered and set to horrible acting and writing. How many records sales can you possibly squeeze from having a butchered 2 minute snippet of a song on some lame tv show !! After so many years of credibility now its come to this. What a colossal disappointment !! Shame on you Pearl Jam ! Why are we so supportive of this mockery !?!?!!?

I thought the same thing. They did it with movies too. You know, with Into the wild, I am sam, dead man walking, singles. :roll:
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • joebot wrote:

here comes the WAAAAAAAAH-bulence!
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Renee33Renee33 Posts: 128
    joebot wrote:

forgive them, after all "they are just trying to balance out their earlier sabotage"...don't like the show or any crap on tv at all, but I did enjoy hearing that opening. I agree, that song is powerful and transcendent - maybe that's why they used it, and so was ITW - without it the movie wouldn't have been nearly as powerful. As long as PJ stays true to their fans, I will not worry about their credibility.
    Dancing in irreverence
    nukeboot wrote:
    joebot wrote:
    WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO COOL WITH THIS !?!?!?!? ...
    Why are we so supportive of this mockery !?!?!!?

Because we know it will piss off folks like you.

It worked!!!

BTW, have you watched the show? Excellent television in an age of mediocrity.

Your right about one thing, its an age of mediocrity. Want excellent television, watch pbs and hbo. I am pissed off and i felt like posting as such. Let the wave of sycophants drown me out.
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    joebot wrote:

Dont want to disrespect your view point but you really got to get a grip. Its a snippet of a song used on a tv show. It happens and the world still orbits the sun. Maybe PJ just should not put records out and then maybe you would be happy because your precious perspective of what they are will be preserved...
  • I thought it was awesome! I love the excitement I feel when I unexpectedly hear Pearl Jam somewhere! I was giving my son a bath and damn near broke my leg dashing to the living room to figure out why I was hearing Pearl Jam on tv. Nice surprise.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    joebot wrote:
    i guess you didn't have a problem with pj being on letterman all those years or doing storytellers or that mega million dollar deal they signed with sony/epic in 90 that made them set for life or the amount of money they make from merch like the stuff in the "goods" section. it's a 30 second clip, get fucked.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

philthehip wrote:
    joebot wrote:

Dont want to disrespect your view point but you really got to get a grip. Its a snippet of a song used on a tv show. It happens and the world still orbits the sun. Maybe PJ just should not put records out and then maybe you would be happy because your precious perspective of what they are will be preserved...

Good point. I wrote that right after I saw it. In the grand scheme, its minor shit. No need to hypothesize on my "precious perspective" though.
    joebot wrote:
    Want excellent television, watch pbs and hbo..... Let the wave of sycophants drown me out.

Your pretentiousness on the subject is boring and predictable.

But congrats on being the first to piss all over a moment others enjoyed.

At least you have that going for you.
    joebot wrote:
    philthehip wrote:
    joebot wrote:

Good point. I wrote that right after I saw it. In the grand scheme, its minor shit. No need to hypothesize on my "precious perspective" though.

It just seems that alot of people on here have a or believe they have a better idea of what the band should be doing than say the band themselves. I think we all can be too precious about them. I am not attacking you for your opinion but do feel it was a bit over enthused. But hey its all good debate. Im not pissed off by your view as some others seem to be
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    joebot wrote:

You must have shit a brick when singles came out :P Isnt there like two pj songs on that soundtrack? I mean what did you expect? They didnt start writing softer shit just to be cute you know. Im sure after the Into the wild sucess they realized that softer tunes sell to tv way better. Hince the lacking of "satans bed" types songs these days :D Anywho.. i'm personally okay with it because i've been loving pjam too long to stop now
    Yes, a good debate. Thanks for that. I came on way to strong with my first post but I will not edit it. Film and live performances is one thing but being used as a narrative device on a tv show is for me a whole other situation. Lets agree we all love the band and feel passionately how its represented. I love all of you people who give a shit enough to log onto this forum in the first place. Peace and love, peace and love !!
    joebot wrote:
    Yes, a good debate. Thanks for that. I came on way to strong with my first post but I will not edit it. Film and live performances is one thing but being used as a narrative device on a tv show is for me a whole other situation. Lets agree we all love the band and feel passionately how its represented. I love all of you people who give a shit enough to log onto this forum in the first place. Peace and love, peace and love !!
    How did you feel when PJ were used on Friends? I personally loved it, but Im sure its not for everyone
    joebot wrote:

Ok ringo.... If you didnt stop digging pearl jam when they played Yellow Ledbetter on Friends.. than i think you are stuck , with us :twisted:
    joebot wrote:

Ok ringo.... If you didnt stop digging pearl jam when they played Yellow Ledbetter on Friends.. than i think you are stuck , with us :twisted:

Nice you got the ringo ref. I just want to go on record and say I never knew they used yellow led better on friends. Wow.
    joebot wrote:
    Film and live performances is one thing but being used as a narrative device on a tv show is for me a whole other situation.

It's all cool. Not all bands have such passionate fans.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    edited November 2009
    joebot wrote:
    thats what it all comes down to is the peace and love

i guess we shouldn't tell you bout pj songs being used on cold case a few months back lol
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

joebot wrote:
    joebot wrote:

Nice you got the ringo ref. I just want to go on record and say I never knew they used yellow led better on friends. Wow.

I loved the fact that all my friends were like wow that tunes sounds amazing then I put PJ on and they are all like, woe dude turn the shit off. So I killed them all :twisted:
    joebot wrote:
    joebot wrote:

damn dude.. this must be a harsh day for you lol see all of us got our freaking out over with the friends thing.. So now everything in comparison seems less lame ..
    :lol: Flash forward, cold case, friends etc.... Whats the point anymore. I'm done.
    Pearl Jam, I beg you to at least balance it out with a curb your enthusiasm or true blood or 30 rock atleast.
  • You would be ok with it on one show, but not another? To someone else Flashforward is as good as True Blood or 30 Rock are to you, so it's all a matter of perception. I personally can't stand 30 Rock, and I think Friends was one of the greatest comedies in the history of television, so to each their own.
    I wasn't serious. I rather them not be on any tv show as a narrative device. I was attempting to make light of my earlier post of insanity. Your spot on with your point though.