2»

Comments

• Options
    grubbagrubba Posts: 44
    and a better(phone)man
    Lay down your'e arms and surrender to me...It must have been the devil
  • Options
    toronado10toronado10 Posts: 239
    maybe if you would have stopped cheering for a song played at nearly every show since 1994 you would have heard a couple more songs. :)
    Take time to see the sky,
    Find shapes in the clouds.
    Hear the murmur of the wind
    and touch the cool water.
    Walk softly,
    we are intruders,
    tolerated briefly
    In an infinite universe.
  • Options
    BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    pjalive21 wrote:
    Betterman live being interrupted by fans drawing attention to themselves like they always do at that point during the song, but it just happened to be louder...nothing special, but glad you guys think it was a legendary moment
    "drawing attention to themselves" :rolleyes:

The audience was celebrating an amazing time witnessing the greatest band ever (in many of our eyes) and showing our appreciation. And the band very obviously was very touched by it.

Not sure why you have to even say that.
  • Options
    pjalive21 wrote:
    Betterman live being interrupted by fans drawing attention to themselves like they always do at that point during the song, but it just happened to be louder...nothing special, but glad you guys think it was a legendary moment

Apparently you weren't there. I feel sorry for you.
    tmud91087 wrote:
    Never seen or heard anything like this during a live show, Pearl Jam or any other band...To say this wasnt one of the most memorable moments in Pearl Jam touring history is simply ignorant. The reaction of the band was just incredible, they were shocked and it was great to see this from the crowd. The band does so much for its fan base and it was just memorable to see the appreciation/bond/relationship whatever youd like to call it shine between the band and the fans.

Very well said. :)
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • Options
    The problem with this is that it was only special for the people who were there. I was there. It was awesome. I think I may have broken my hand banging on the chair in front of me. And Betterman is far from my favorite song. I like it, but that's about it. The way it went down was unbelievable, a fact that becomes more evident as you read the posts of denial. Who cares, it was a great moment that I don't need to have validated in order to know it.

I went to Hartford and both Mansfields and they were all exquisite in their own ways, I am still reeling!!

Satan's fucking Bed, man. Unreal.
    Stop following me, I do not know where I am going.
  • Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    solat1973 wrote:
    This is really funny, mansfield got nothing but 2 short shows, shortest ones of the tour. wow they played wash haven't seen that one before or bee girl. like then never played these ones before..msg will go down as legendary such as Randalls island..oh betterman just retire that song..radio hit

I just wanted to clarify something: The MSG shows are legendary because...they took place at MSG?

I don't think one Betterman moment makes Mansfield I an epic show by any stretch. But Mansfield II has to be considered at least on par with both MSG shows. Maybe we didn't bring anyone from Kiss on stage, but MSG didn't have Stone sucking on the cow man's teats, either.
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
  • Options
    ndv180ndv180 Posts: 80
    Qball wrote:
    I brought my buddy to this show and this was his first Pearl Jam show. He is a huge music fan but he told me that seeing Pearl Jam in Boston was nearly impossible because he could never get a ticket. When he left the venue he told me that he had very high expectations and his experience was above and beyond what he expected. He said that there was no doubt that Pearl Jam was one of the greatest bands ever and he won't miss a show if they ever come back. There is nothing more satisfying than taking a fan for his first show and him walking out with a huge smile on his face.

Was it still satisfying knowing that you ripped off and lied to another in order to put them in that seat? If I wasn't getting the ticket, there was no point in going through that charade and you shouldn't have accepted my money. I'm a dope for not recognizing what was going on at the moment of the exchange, but I didn't expect it since every other 10club member I've bought a ticket off of on the past was always honorable. That's something that can't be said of you.
  • Options
    hiding103006hiding103006 Posts: 452
    i went to six shows this past tour, and i'd be lying if i didn't say that this was the most vivid and memorable moment of my entire visit with the band. i actually felt proud to be a part of that. eddie tried to restart the song like 5 times and the crowd just wasn't having it. this wasn't just cheering, this was a freakin' ovation. this video is a good idea what it was like, but as many have said, it just does not do justice.

to say this show was legendary simply because of this moment though, wouldn't be accurate.

but alas, leave it to some of you to bring the thread starter down. good work.
    Camden 7-5-2003, Camden 7-6-2003, Hershey 7-12-2003, Camden 5-27-2006, Camden 5-28-2006, Lollapalooza 8-5-2007, Camden 6-19-2008, Camden 6-20-2008, New York 6-24-2008, New York 6-25-2008, Mansfield 6-28-2008, Mansfield 6-30-2008
  • Options
    legendary? I was at Mansfield and it was pretty cool to hear the cheers spreading throughout the place, but that by no means makes it such a "legendary" show. It was a good show, thats all. Both MSGs and hartford had much better energy and better sets. The garden was absolutly rediculous both nights. Mansfield 1 was actually my least favorite show I saw this tour
    Hartford '06 Camden '06 East Rutherford '06
    Madrid '07 Munich '07 London '07
    Camden '08 MSG I '08 MSG II '08 Hartford '08 Mansfield '08
    Philly II '09 Philly III '09 Philly IV '09
    Hartford '10 MSG I '10 MSG II '10
    Made in America Fest Philly '12