Options

Wilco Is More Relevant Than Pearl Jam

13»

Comments

• Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    who the fuck cares whose better or more talented? why is that even a discussion. if you like what wilco and their guitarist does then listen to them. if you like what mccready and pearl jam do then listen to them. end of discussion. why do we have to argue over whose better? it doesn't fucking matter. if i bang some pots and pans together in my kitchen and it sounds good i'm gonna listen to it. doesn't mean it's hard or takes a ton of talent. listen to what you like.
  • Options
    ooo we went to many of the same shows

:( u made it to Europe
    I used all of my vacation days

so sad

snipes824 wrote:
    who the fuck cares whose better or more talented? why is that even a discussion. if you like what wilco and their guitarist does then listen to them. if you like what mccready and pearl jam do then listen to them. end of discussion. why do we have to argue over whose better? it doesn't fucking matter. if i bang some pots and pans together in my kitchen and it sounds good i'm gonna listen to it. doesn't mean it's hard or takes a ton of talent. listen to what you like.
  • Options
    lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 615
    9 out of 10 people don't even know who Wilco is. They might be important to a small group of people but that doesn't make them relevant on a large scale. I'm not saying they're not good but there just not that important on a large scale. If they broke up tomorrow the alternative music scene wouldn't skip a beat.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    ooo we went to many of the same shows

:( u made it to Europe
    I used all of my vacation days

so sad
    those are the benefits of still being a college student. in the summer i get all the vacation days i want!! :D

but i'm sorry you didn't get to go. if they ever go to europe again i highly recommend going and following them (duh). what a trip that was. best 2 weeks of my life.
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    distantsun wrote:
    you're the type of guy who listens to like 3 bands, yes?
    NO NONE I LISTEN TO NO MUSIC AT ALL. OR MAYBE I'VE NEVER HEARD OF WILCO SO I MUST LIVE UNDER A ROCK
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    dawngdawng Posts: 644
    distantsun wrote:
    obviously, i disagree with this. some of here are not yes people. everything should be up for debate.

I agree that everything should be up for debate - but there are other forums for that. We are currently on "The Porch":

The Porch
    Step out on the porch to discuss Pearl Jam's music, tour, appearances, causes they support, etc. It's all about Pearl Jam here.

If someone wanted to discuss how great another band is, the more appropriate forum would probably be:

Other Music
    Expanding our musical horizons: Share your musical interests by discussing other artists you're hearing.
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • Options
    _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    I've never heard of Wilco
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • Options
    yea I have to plan, or even latin america

they just need to start announcing these things with more notice

I have a job/responsibilities and although my boss enables my pj insanity it only ges so far
    snipes824 wrote:
    those are the benefits of still being a college student. in the summer i get all the vacation days i want!! :D

but i'm sorry you didn't get to go. if they ever go to europe again i highly recommend going and following them (duh). what a trip that was. best 2 weeks of my life.
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    I've never heard of Wilco
    U MUST LIST TO ONLY 1 BAND LIKE ME THEN ACCORDING TO WHATEVER HIS NAME IS.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,504
    Depends on your definition of relevant.

Who really cares either way though.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Yeah, this probably should be in other music.

But I don't understand people who say Wilco isn't popular and that somehow equates to relevancy. If you reread what this guy is trying to say, it's the music that makes them relevant.

Pearl Jam, god bless them, haven't really done anything new since Binaural and parts of Riot Act. Their last album is a rehash of that classic guitar grunge sound, while not bad, really doesn't push the envelope or feel as interesting and engaging as say a No Code or Binaural. People wanted the hard, rockin' Pearl Jam back and they got it. It's just that that sound is somewhat dated nowadays.

I don't expect everyone to have heard of Wilco, but it's not like they are some super underground indie band. They are pretty popular and sell out shows just like Pearl Jam. Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is one of the most important albums of my generation. Like that one guy said, the majority of PJ fans are stuck in the early '90s and still only listen to AIC, Soundgarden, and Nirvana. I'm not saying that's bad, but expanding your horizons a bit isn't neccesarily a bad thing.