PJ has ruined me!

LoveboatkarenLoveboatkaren Posts: 123
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Sometimes I can't even listen to any other band or the radio...NO ONE comes close to PJ or Ed's voice! Only a few of my long time favorites but lately no one new that I can think of...anyone else feel this way?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    oh yea- I spin a couple non PJ if I HAVE to cause other people are around otherwise I'm perfectly content just listening to the guys
  • i was into so many other bands, and i mean a huge follower, but all i really listen to now is PJ
    so weird
  • Pearl Jam all the way...dont put anything else ..my pc and cd player only play if its pearl jam..they refuse to play anything else
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • haha it is kinda weird i noticed since i got really into PJ i don't listen to as much of a variety as I used too
    But i still listen to other bands atleast
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Sometimes I can't even listen to any other band or the radio...NO ONE comes close to PJ or Ed's voice! Only a few of my long time favorites but lately no one new that I can think of...anyone else feel this way?

yeah i get like that from time to time.
    especially during the year they tour near me.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• arqarq Posts: 8,013
    I don't havbe time to listen to other bands, between NPR and Pearl Jam i have pretty much my listening schedule full :ugeek:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • PakaPaka Posts: 471
    them

crooked

vultures

:D
  • zootownzootown Posts: 666
    Thats kind of sad really....there is lots of other great music out there and restricting yourself in anyway, even voluntarily, just seems a bit sad to me :cry:
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • Paka wrote:
    them

crooked

vultures

i can't wait for that album!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Paka wrote:
    them

crooked

vultures

Ditto....

There is so much great new music out there right now!
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    only PJ and Neil Young for me!
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i listen to other stuff. when i listen to pj it's 90% bootlegs
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BFLBFL Posts: 21
    They've certainly been my financial ruin for the last two decades, but music-wise there's plenty out there that captures my attention.
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Paka wrote:
    them

crooked

vultures

Ditto....

There is so much great new music out there right now!

That album is being streamed by the band on youtube...sounds V good :twisted:
    I need a coffee!
  • TCV- haven't heard ot yet but Im dying to listen to it.
    I've been soooo busy lately :crazy:

Why aren't they playin Dublin? BOOO
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    yep, I'll never be able to listen to creed again..I can probably live with it tho

:wave:
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    seriously tho, high standards can be such a pain in the ass. I think I'm purposely going to see a shitty band this weekend just to clear my palate.
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,049
    zootown wrote:
    Thats kind of sad really....there is lots of other great music out there and restricting yourself in anyway, even voluntarily, just seems a bit sad to me :cry:

Like...?!

And do not list some band that is not on the radio, because unless you are still a kid and around people who are passionate about music still than it is nearly impossible to discover a new band. So as far as I am concerned, the radio is still shit.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I still listen to a good variety of stuff. True, PJ gets listened to more than others. But I can get sick of it after too long. I don't eat the same food every night just cause it's my favorite.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    zootown wrote:

this
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    FY51755 wrote:
    zootown wrote:

Like...?!

And do not list some band that is not on the radio, because unless you are still a kid and around people who are passionate about music still than it is nearly impossible to discover a new band. So as far as I am concerned, the radio is still shit.

Pink Floyd

listening to the wall today. one of the greatest albums of all time
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I listen to Pearl Jam about 80% of the time. There are several other bands that I really like and enjoy listening to their music as well.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • them

crooked

vultures

let the rants come down but im just not into QOTSA and not a big Homme fan
    i have heard it, nothing that knocks my socks off
  • Thats kind of sad really....there is lots of other great music out there and restricting yourself in anyway, even voluntarily, just seems a bit sad to me
    anyone came name a bunch but who tours regularly or are even still alive?

for me the majority of the music i listen to the band has to be still in existence and have done anything in the last 5yrs i dont have much intrest in ghosts, i did but its hard when you cant see them live or the band has broken up, just me
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,635
    I wouldn't say they are the only band, but they are certainly the longtime favourite/soul food/comfort/highlight/energy for my day. That being said, I can't do 24/7/365 of anything or anyone, but I know that Pearl Jam is there for me when I need it, and hasn't let me down in near 20 years.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    anyone came name a bunch but who tours regularly or are even still alive?

for me the majority of the music i listen to the band has to be still in existence and have done anything in the last 5yrs i dont have much intrest in ghosts, i did but its hard when you cant see them live or the band has broken up, just me

NIN (toured eternally until 2 months ago), AFI, Flogging Molly, Street Dogs, Springsteen, Saul Williams,.... plenty of decent bands out there who are touring.

I love Pearl Jam. I will ALWAYS love Pearl Jam. But its okay to like other stuff too, and I do. I doubt even Pearl Jam would want you to limit yourself to only them. They love other music too.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    Sometimes I can't even listen to any other band or the radio...NO ONE comes close to PJ or Ed's voice! Only a few of my long time favorites but lately no one new that I can think of...anyone else feel this way?

I listen to lots of other music as well as PJ. However, PJ are my all time favourite band. When I put my iPod on shuffle I count down the no. of songs til I get a PJ one, always hope to hear them within the first few songs. I have more PJ on my iPod than any other band or artist.
  • Really? There's so much great music. I listen to Pearl Jam, but not in Heavy rotation. Favourite band still, but too much other amazing stuff. New bands...

Ryan Adams (my pick for best songwriter of the last 20 years), The Kills, The Dead Weather, The Raconteurs, The White Stripes, Feist, Broken Social Scene, Metric, The Arcade Fire, Wilco.

Thats just a start. Open your eyes and ears!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • zootown wrote:

Yeah I do listen to other music...Cheap Trick's new CD "The Latest" is really good...Robin Zander has an awesome voice also!
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    zootown wrote:

i'm with you. i honestly don't listen to PJ all that much. no more than any other band really. though i've been listening more lately becos i really like the new album, so that and the latest Brand New album are getting played a ton.