Some asshole in Philly....

U R A Crazy BreedU R A Crazy Breed Posts: 8,370
edited November 2009 in The Porch
sitting behind me yells out ,(night 2 i think it was)while Ed is introducing a song from Backspacer, "Backspacer is a fucking joke!!...it's a fucking Incubus album!!"

now i had a good buzz going..mellow high...but that shit made me almost get violent and toss this moronic fuck a few rows...but i maintained....10,9,8,7,6,5,4,.....(breath)in, out ,in, out

assholes make me angry.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• You are a little feisty today! ;)
  • Mr DerpMr Derp Posts: 319
    Serenity now...insanity later
  • 5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    He's prolly fiesty due to the fact that hes a pothead and out of herb:)
    This too shall pass.....
  • deskilladeskilla Posts: 279
    what section were you? i wonder why in the fuck he would be at the spectrum for pearl jam anyway
  • you should of had security bounce him :lol:
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • was he wearing a Rangers Jersey?
  • incubus?
    wtf?
    aparently he's never listened to incubus.
    :mrgreen:

and btw - i LOVE incubus, so no dis there!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• assholes make me angry.

I'm assuming you struck "proctologist" off of your career choice list in high school.

;)
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • 5against1- wrote:

Probably why it took two weeks to post about it. He kept putting it off.
  • it is just plain annoying in general people yelling out things, the band cant hear you

i was watching a boot of one of eddies solo shows and in between every song just morons yelling out
    the exact one was chicago so whoever was there yelling your morons and eddie even mentions he cant hear you
  • 5against1- wrote:

:lol:
    priceless!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Mr DerpMr Derp Posts: 319
    Agreed, though I think it's expected for regular concerts no matter why venue. Someone gonna yell out, but it's a loud rock show, so it doesn't bug me unless they do it over and over.

It is annoying during the Ed solo shows though. Esp when they still do it after Ed asks them not to, like the second night in Baltimore.
  • its not that annoying at the show but damn listening to that shows boot or watching it, so annoying lol
  • it is just plain annoying in general people yelling out things, the band cant hear you

my fave ever was this uber-drunk idiot at Sunfest (PJ was headlining) back in 93, and the band Rhymes With Orange came on, and this loser kept yelling "Dorange! Dorange! Dorange rhymes with orange!".
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    even with all of the yelling i wish i could go back and relive those shows again!!
  • That sucks man. Isn't it always the way, at the most emotional/quiet moments when you're all zen and connected with the artist, some jerk has to go and ruin it. Had it happen to me at a Jonny Lang concert, real small outdoor venue, really emotional set, audience was dead quiet completely wrapped up in the moment. Some guy was screaming directly in my ear "that's f'ing Jonny Lang!!" Thanks man, like we didn't know who we were there to see?!

And what's wrong with Incubus? That guy clearly wandered into the wrong event.

Hope you have an amazing experience next time to make up for it.

Cheers
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    (breath)in, out ,in, out
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • was he wearing a Rangers Jersey?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Too funny!!!
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    edited November 2009
    Crazy Breed, it was Ament who yelled that!!
    ** me getting you fired up to own the boards ;)

But seriously that comparison makes zero sense. Incubus great band, Backspacer great album, they just sound nothing alike. Maybe the poor guy is deaf...
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • assholes are people too.....anyway they can fart :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 5against1- wrote:

:mrgreen::mrgreen: ........actually i just forgot about it....*insert joke about potheads and short term memory loss here*.....and remembered when someone mentioned Incubus...ok you fuckers! :lol::lol:

wait.........what were we talking about again?........oh yeah.......ice cream.....we need ice cream!! 8-)
  • icemanapicemanap Posts: 406
    Idiots annoy me. They should be vetted before going into a gig. Went to see the Airborne Toxic Event the other night at Shepherd's Bush (ahhh the memories of that sweet August eve...), who were excellent and I do reccomend you see them live, and they were playing a few tracks which weren't off the album, went acustic and it was exceptional. There were loads of people talking and the singer, to his credit said "for those of you who are talking at the back we will play the fucking radio song later" and then there was hush.

And the guy who thinks backspacer is a joke is a little delusional, I think it's the best album I have heard since Muse's Black Holes and Revelations.
    :D Rock on!!!! :D
    Seen Pearl Jam 4 times in London, once in Manchester, as well as an Eddie show at Hammersmith.
  • I had the same problem night 4 with these two tools sitting next to me in section 205. When this guy wasn't yelling for "Tremor Christ", which I politely told him they played the previous night, the other was yelling for Eddie to shut up and play and when he discussed the Flyers' role in the history of the building, he was yelling that the Flyers sucked and yelling "Go Penguins". Really annoying guy, who if he was playing hockey would have been thrown into the boards numerous times.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • I had the same problem night 4 with these two tools sitting next to me in section 205. When this guy wasn't yelling for "Tremor Christ", which I politely told him they played the previous night, the other was yelling for Eddie to shut up and play and when he discussed the Flyers' role in the history of the building, he was yelling that the Flyers sucked and yelling "Go Penguins". Really annoying guy, who if he was playing hockey would have been thrown into the boards numerous times.

xavier...try to understand...he was from Pittsburg...that's the land of the assholes! ;):mrgreen::lol:
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I witnessed the worst moment of this to date in my concert career last week at the Ray Lamontagne show. He was playing at the BEAUTIFUL Wang Theater in Boston. If you've ever seen him live, you know that he can mumble and tell sometimes rambling stories in between songs. Well, the place was perfectly quiet w/ everyone trying to listen to him tell a story, when some absolute dipsh*t guy yells out "SERIOUSLY? F*** THE YANKEES!" (verbatim). It could not have been more inappropriate. Dude...you're not leaving a Celtics game and this isn't the intermission at a Kiss concert. This is a solo singer-songwriter in a beautiful and small venue. There were a couple of nervous little half-chuckles but mostly a broad array of gasps. Even the hardcore Red Sox fans in attendance were horrified. Sure, there was a World Series game going on at the same time (that would eventually end in the Yankees winning the World Series...a thought that makes me, a Mets fan, cringe), but for the love of god man...get a life!
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • BinFrog wrote:
    I witnessed the worst moment of this to date in my concert career last week at the Ray Lamontagne show. He was playing at the BEAUTIFUL Wang Theater in Boston. If you've ever seen him live, you know that he can mumble and tell sometimes rambling stories in between songs. Well, the place was perfectly quiet w/ everyone trying to listen to him tell a story, when some absolute dipsh*t guy yells out "SERIOUSLY? F*** THE YANKEES!" (verbatim). It could not have been more inappropriate. Dude...you're not leaving a Celtics game and this isn't the intermission at a Kiss concert. This is a solo singer-songwriter in a beautiful and small venue. There were a couple of nervous little half-chuckles but mostly a broad array of gasps. Even the hardcore Red Sox fans in attendance were horrified. Sure, there was a World Series game going on at the same time (that would eventually end in the Yankees winning the World Series...a thought that makes me, a Mets fan, cringe), but for the love of god man...get a life!

sounds like every Ed solo show that i went to.....if the fucking morons can't handle their booze then they shouldn't drink...unless it's a sober asshole, which is even worse because they have no excuse..they are just assholes naturally!!
  • SKELLERSKELLER Posts: 165
    sitting behind me yells out ,(night 2 i think it was)while Ed is introducing a song from Backspacer, "Backspacer is a fucking joke!!...it's a fucking Incubus album!!"

No worries. At Incubus concerts I yell "Light Grenades is a fucking joke!!...it's a fucking WIGGLES album!!
    "I can't tell you how many ways that I've sat and viewed my life today." - Shannon Hoon.
  • SKELLER wrote:

No worries. At Incubus concerts I yell "Light Grenades is a fucking joke!!...it's a fucking WIGGLES album!!

:lol::lol::lol:
  • assholes are people too.....anyway they can fart :mrgreen:

dimitri, for someone who does not utilize english as their first language....you can be quite funny in english!
    (probably in greek too i imagine, but since i don't speak/read greek, i wouldn't know)

i merely got randomly kissed by a giant in front of me bout 3/4 of the way thru the show.
    philly...a bizarre place eh?
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• he was yelling that the Flyers sucked and yelling "Go Penguins".

I agree with this sentiment completely, but I keep it to myself in their house (or their old house). I can understand and respect the importance of the building and the history to the local fans.
    xavier...try to understand...he was from Pittsburg...that's the land of the assholes! ;):mrgreen::lol:

All that weed must make you drop your h's. ;) City of Campions! heh.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt